DON'S NEW "TOP SECRET" PROJECT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don the boal looks great it almost looks like it wasen't that much work to get it shinny :D

You keep building boat's like that and you'll be a heavy weight contender :lol: :lol:

All kidding aside it look's great

Ran the Smokin' Joe's today & I'm pleased, all the hard work has paid off. Now it's time to shine her up for next weekend's race- https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...tup&cat=0&pos=0
Great, glad to hear it's finished. Wish I could see it next weekend. Unfortunately, after all the work selling the idea of going to Centennial to my wife, my parents have delayed their arrival here til Friday. Oh well, guess I'm going to have to wait for next spring to see it.

Don's outdone himself on this one. That baby looks even better in person! I had the priviledge of throwing it in the water for the first time. She hopped right up on plane and looked good on the water. too. The clearcoat may have been fubar a week ago but it was right today. The details are immaculate. I'm predicting an easy concours win next weekend.

Don's outdone himself on this one. That baby looks even better in person! I had the priviledge of throwing it in the water for the first time. She hopped right up on plane and looked good on the water. too. The clearcoat may have been fubar a week ago but it was right today. The details are immaculate. I'm predicting an easy concours win next weekend.
But it wouldn't look as sweet as it does without the killer polishing job you did on my hardware, thanks buddy! B)

Scooter12195 said:
I can't wait to drive that baby Don! Lookin Good!!! :ph34r:
113622[/snapback]

You crack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Scooter, looks like Don's got it ready for you to drive!!!
I am SOOOOOOO Proud of what a Great Job Don is doing!!! I just hope I don't Smash that Baby into a tree or something after Don has spent so much time prettin' it up!! :eek:

Scooter12195 said:
113622[/snapback]

I am SOOOOOOO Proud of what a Great Job Don is doing!!! I just hope I don't Smash that Baby into a tree or something after Don has spent so much time prettin' it up!! :eek:

Sazammmm KQQL BOAT DON It will be the talk of the Columbia race :lol:

Bob

Scooter12195 said:
113622[/snapback]

Sazammmm KQQL BOAT DON It will be the talk of the Columbia race :lol:

Bob
Thanks guys! :) I will update the build up gallery in the next day or two with some nice detail shots of the boat & trailer. B)

Hey Don,

Really super job you did on the Smokin' Joes scale, truely a winner.

Could you share with us the hardware used on the boat, ie. rudder, strut, turn fin.

Thanks and again, a beautifull job,,,WELL DONE :)

Hey Don,

Really super job you did on the Smokin' Joes scale, truely a winner.

Could you share with us the hardware used on the boat, ie. rudder, strut, turn fin.

Thanks and again, a beautifull job,,,WELL DONE :)
Thanks to everyone for the compliments as it sure turned out nice, especially when I was ready to shoot myself over the bad batch of clear. :p

Bill- the list of hardware & running gear is as follows-

MAC67 with CMD parabolic pipe

CMD 3rd channel needle

Octura X457/3 prop

Dick Tyndall turn fin

Speedmaster 40 rudder

Thunderboat Reproductions 1/4" strut

Walt Barney custom stainless 21oz. fuel cell

Futaba servos 9405 & 2 3101's on 6 volts 1500mah pack

Yeah I know I don't have my custom OS needle base in it but this set up was already done before I finalized the base design. The CMD needle is **** good & there is plenty of room for it in a scale hull. As I've said previously, when I build a boat I set it up right down to initial trimming of radio even before first drop of primer goes on. B)

BTW- It's interesting how that out of the all the "glamour shots" the engine compartment & bottom rear showing running hardware have the mosts views. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back