DON'S NEW "TOP SECRET" PROJECT

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
piper_chuck said:
Looks like you're on a roll.  Got a target date for its first run?
113222[/snapback]

I'm thinking the weekend of 17/18. Got to get it wet so it's ready for Centennial. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like my new boat is coming along good Don. Can't wait til you get it finished so I can run it!! Let me know when you get it all rigged so I can come get it. :p

:D

Scott

Scooter12195 said:
Looks like my new boat is coming along good Don. Can't wait til you get it finished so I can run it!! Let me know when you get it all rigged so I can come get it.  :p :D

Scott

113251[/snapback]

LOL!

Added a couple more pics. Been really focused on this boat in the last 10-12 days. It's about time I got it finished, only been since last November & that's not including the over a year it sat on the shelf. :p

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=77&page=3

Hey Don, About the HOK paint, did you have to buy a quart or did you find a source that sells smaller amounts (pints)?

Don, what clear will you be using? I'm going to do some touch-ups on the joe I got from you. That code;(House Of Kolors purple pearl metallic #40), is that the only code you need to submit to get the right product?

Thanks

Duck899 said:
Don, what clear will you be using? I'm going to do some touch-ups on the joe I got from you. That code;(House Of Kolors purple pearl metallic #40), is that the only code you need to submit to get the right product?Thanks

113432[/snapback]

Hey Rob that actual paint # is 009608 PBC40.Q01. The clear I will be using is PPG Concept 2021. I'm not sure which clear Tony used on your S/J, I'll have to ask next time I talk to him. B)

Don Ferrette said:
Duck899 said:
Don, what clear will you be using? I'm going to do some touch-ups on the joe I got from you. That code;(House Of Kolors purple pearl metallic #40), is that the only code you need to submit to get the right product?Thanks

113432[/snapback]

Hey Rob that actual paint # is 009608 PBC40.Q01. The clear I will be using is PPG Concept 2021. I'm not sure which clear Tony used on your S/J, I'll have to ask next time I talk to him. B)

113454[/snapback]

Thanks Don, While were at it, Do you have a code for that Nascar yellow? When I phoned the paint guys here, they wanted to know which car? :lol:

Don Ferrette said:
tracerbob said:
Hey Don, About the HOK paint, did you have to buy a quart or did you find a source that sells smaller amounts (pints)?
113420[/snapback]

Nope only in quarts. :(

113452[/snapback]

That sucks! <_< I subscribe to a couple of trade magazines (Autographics & Autoart) and they list vedors who sell small amounts. You might want to try these people out. http://www.coastairbrush.com/pages/43.html

Russell Bear said:
Come on Don.  Any more pics of the fresh paint?
113488[/snapback]

Ok Russ this one's just for you. Still doing graphics, rear verticals are last to get done. Don't ever let anyone tell you this is an easy boat, of all the scales I've done this one is a real pain in the a$$, I think only the '97 Close Call I did back in 2000 was worse. Also, I found out from a good painter friend that the 12 hour "window" to clearcoat HOK is not really true. He told me he waits 2 or 3 days & typically the airbrush guys doing trick stuff over the HOK colors take that long anyway. :p

Don Ferrette said:
Russell Bear said:
Come on Don.  Any more pics of the fresh paint?
113488[/snapback]

Ok Russ this one's just for you. Still doing graphics, rear verticals are last to get done. Don't ever let anyone tell you this is an easy boat, of all the scales I've done this one is a real pain in the a$$, I think only the '97 Close Call I did back in 2000 was worse. Also, I found out from a good painter friend that the 12 hour "window" to clearcoat HOK is not really true. He told me he waits 2 or 3 days & typically the airbrush guys doing trick stuff over the HOK colors take that long anyway. :p

113496[/snapback]

Wow!....looking good Don.....

I'll bet you can't wait to do the little flourescent orange stripe.....

Man, with all that work and effort you better have it Baptised! Could you imagine the look on the priest face when you brought that into the church. :lol: :lol:

Sure looks great Don, nice job.

Great build thread you have going! It really lets a new boater know how much work goes into a scale Hydro. Keep the pics coming! B)

Back