Distaster at Prestwhich Models/Dave Marles

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XtremeRcBoats

Just read on the Dutch Xterme website that Dave Marles of Prestwhich models was hit by a fire and that everything was destroyed. See also his post on the modelboatracing website:

http://www.modelboatracing.co.uk/

Dave, good luck rebuilding your factory and hopefully you'll be up and running in no time!

I would be MORE than willing to give Dave my Lynx if he needs it for mold purposes- anyone have a direct contact for Dave ?

Andy

It is a shame that much was lost, After reading Dave's comments it appears he has no intention of giving up.

Andy, Dave is also a member here, you can send him a PM or check his website, there is an email address.

Member: http://www.intlwaters.com/index.php?showuser=1031

Thanks, Jack sent me his cell number and after a few tries -I THINK - I left a message in the right place. Will PM him here as well- but if anybody talks to him let him know the Lynx is his if he needs it. Just gotta get it across the pond
default_cool.png

Andy Greene, Thanks for the offer but we can buy those in.

We are already shipping orders out and will be back to close to full stock levels in about another 10 days but all my personal boats are destroyed and the European style FSRV boats take about 100 hours to build!

Mindless idiot stole a car and parked it next to my factory and set it alight which took my place out.

The offer stands Dave - its yours for free if you want it,

Best of luck to you guys, your attitude speaks volumes for the effort / commitment and pride you take-
default_cool.png

Andy

I would be MORE than willing to give Dave my Lynx if he needs it for mold purposes- anyone have a direct contact for Dave ?

Andy
You are a piece of work Andy Greene. Have you forgotten that I am listed as a sponsor to your Herb Stewart race and had agreed to donate one of my new kits to your race? And you are going to do this to me? I just don't have words to express just how jacked up this is. I am pulling my sponsorship to your race and will not support such behavior.

Guys, This kind of behavior is what will eventually drive every OEM designer away from this sport.

Carl - Lynx is also a Mono Hull made by Dave at Prestwich boats in England-

NOT YOUR TUNNEL HULL -

Good god .

I just happen to have one here- owned by me- that I was willing to donate to help them out.

Clear now ???

Okay...let's chalk this up to shooting from the hip on my part. I have never heard of another model named "LYNX" but mine. I am VERY GLAD that what I thought was happening is NOT happening and that the thread content was a misunderstanding on my part. I hope that Andy understands that and will accept my apology for my reaction to the thread.

-Carl

Carl , I do accept your apology and understand where the confusion came in .

IMHO - We are fine and not a further word needs to be said on the matter till we shake hands and have a good laugh over it.
default_wink.png

Andy

Latest posts

Back