decisions decisions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there "bigdogrod" it's like this.........

I'm sure there are some really nice cars in your collection but it's time for a reality check. If anyone has 40K they can just blow on r/c cars (or boats, heli's, planes, whatever) they certainly ain't gonna want someone's used stuff that's for sure. Plus the resale value on cars is the LOWEST of all the r/c factions. I've got one, all the super duper stuff, maxxed out NovaRossi, piped, 2 speed, all wheel drive, all the latest & greatest trick sh*t on it, does a legit 70mph. Absolutely cherry shape & probably have $1,200+ in it. If I tried to sell it I'd be lucky to get $300 & that's RTR. Do yourself a favor & sell things off one by one. Yeah, it's a pain in the arse but you'll fair much better in the long run. I still don't think you'll get $40K but good luck to you anyway. :blink:

Hey Big :) Like I said on RCMT, I understand the want to keep it all togeather... but honestly even if someobody does buy it all out it's going to get split up.. more than likely you got stuff in there that they won't be interested in at all. I buy a few "Lot Sales" a year for computer parts... i actually only want about 40% of the lot, however i know by creativly advertising the 60% I don't want or need, I can recoup some of the cost of the origional sale and shipping.

but hey.. if you sell it :) more power to ya :)

HEY BIG DOG

It seems to me like you might want to take some pictures of the high dollar stuff, like the bigger cars and the golden motors . all i see is junk in your pictures <_<

rich

Last edited by a moderator:
gas gremlin: ek4 junk?? brand new tamiya trucks junk? tiger1 and sherman tanks junk?? wow if you call that junk i'd like to see what you have..

cyslyde.. it will end up split up anyways... it works out better moneywise for me.. i just figured i'd put it all on and see what happens.. the problem is that nobody has any money.. or they want to spend 50 bucks for a top dollar car.. i had some guy offer me 500 for the carbon 5th scale... i told him the **** pipe was more than that, and he looked at me like i'm the one who's nuts..

hell i might even keep it all since i have the genesis, revo, and lst coming anyways lol

hell yeah you can have my best and only car for 50 bucks, even thought i got it for less than 20 in china :lol: . gotta make some money for my boats :D

WELL BIG DOG SINCE YOU ASKED,

I STILL HAVE MY 40 GRAND BECAUSE I DID'NT WASTE IT ON A BUNCH OF MOSTLY OUT-DATED CRAP. :p

GAS GREMLIN.

Hey Fat Dog was it 10 years

I have been in the radio control hobby for over 10 years!
like your web site says http://www.geocities.com/bigdogrod1/rcpage/rcpage.htm or 20 years

Up for bids is my entire r/c collection, I've been in the hobby for 20 years, but lack of space is forcing me to sell.
like the auction says? Freedom of bashing or talking sh## as you so eloquently put it is still is OK here even here in California!

The price is funny because most likely nobody is going to afford it. But when it comes down to it he has some realy nice stuff. Don is right, the resale on R/C sucks. But if the guy only has to average $230 for a hopped up RTR to get to 40K then it actually sounds like a bargan. Just unlikely that someone will afford it. It's like everything else, you have to find a buyer. He may have inflated the resale $ but at least he isn't spewing all the B.S. that we usually joke about seeing on Ebay.

Now I'm not against poking a little fun at the initial Ebay listing because a first glance and only a part of the story I too would thought he was off his rocker. Still might be, but if that's what he wants.............................................

What would you want if you had 130 Roadrunners, Seaducers, Jaguars, Eagles, AC's, or whatever in RTR condition?

Boaters should be the last ones to poke fun about money actually. We are paying out $1000+ for a ready to paint WOOD boat with $200-$300 worth of hardware. Go buy a motor for $250 MINIMUM and turn aroung and pay another $100 MINIMUM for modifications. I know a guy that probably has $2000+ in props and not a boat to put them on. And let's not mention what some of the nicer scales go for. Just yesterday we were talking about the turbine jets and somebody said that was the only hobby you could make money off of by resale. If I remember correctly one guy had $40K in ONE jet.

Anyway, have a little fun with it but don't be mean.

It isn't unusual today to see a T-Maxx with over a Grand invested in it then get beat to Hell at a track. Two or three years ago at the Toledo Expo there was a scale SST there that I heard some people estimating the cost of $25,000.00 into it. How would you like to take that puppy up for it's first flight and auger it into the ground?

You probably would be better off selling the stuff separately, the UPS guy would crap seeing you bringing in all of those boxes!

I also see where you are showcasing the complete collection to try to sell as one unit. Some people use eBay as a cheap way of initially getting their wares out into the public, a lot less than an ad in RCBM.

"Two or three years ago at the Toledo Expo there was a scale SST there that I heard some people estimating the cost of $25,000.00 into it. How would you like to take that puppy up for it's first flight and auger it into the ground?"

I was there in Toledo that year & spoke with the one of the guys who was in on the building of it, try over $150K in it not including that custom one off trailer it was sitting on. How'd you like to own a $150,000 lawn dart???? :eek:

kid says: "Hey Pop! lets go fly the new SST"

pop says: "lets dont and say we did" ;)

I gotta give him credit though i'm so sick of seing posts that have 20 different products and it's only one of them.. he has three and each one is represented

I havent lost faith........I still think it's going to sell at the $55k "buy it now" :rolleyes:

Only thing is that I dont think the "big spenders" come out until the next full alignment of the planets :blink:

hey all

Just wanna say STICK IT TO 'EM BIGDROCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

now come back over to the MT forum where you and your rc's are appreciated!!!! B)

Countach

Back