Decisions,Decisions

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wasted wages

Supporting Member
Help me build my next project..

I have just "acquired" a brand new in the box CMB 1.01 RS redhead,,,

I have plenty of mono's,,,I want to build a heat racing F Hydro,,

Not a straightaway boat for all out speed,but something rugged enough that it won't destroy itself if it blows over in a heat race. I have seen some of the superlight hulls rip themselves apart just by blowing over or hitting a bouy.

I have heard of one hull that split the tub in the middle and the engine/radio/pipe all went to the bottom.

I am willing to give up a little speed for some strength,,,,

Strength,stability,ease of setup are the main points I am focusing on.

I have run .67 Avenger/Cobra's in the past,,,and have a.90 Twin Eagle,both are reliable, stable and predictable.

Post up what you guy's run and it's good and bad points and what you would build today if you had this motor.....

Thanks

Not a straightaway boat for all out speed,but something rugged enough that it won't destroy itself if it blows over in a heat race. I have seen some of the superlight hulls rip themselves apart just by blowing over or hitting a bouy.

I have heard of one hull that split the tub in the middle and the engine/radio/pipe all went to the bottom.

I have run .67 Avenger/Cobra's in the past,,,and have a.90 Twin Eagle,both are reliable, stable and predictable.

Post up what you guy's run and it's good and bad points and what you would build today if you had this motor.....

Thanks
My top 2 choices would be Eagle 90SGX & Roadrunner 90 Ultralite in that order. I've owned, run & won with both & either choice will do you right in my opinion. The SGX is a touch faster, the Roadrunner a touch more "forgiving". Any rigger can be broken in 2 if you try hard enough...... ;)

Thanks

CRAPSHOOTER.

Thanks

CRAPSHOOTER.

i will second that

chris

Thanks

CRAPSHOOTER.

i will second that

chris

I will 3rd that! :lol:

Well....... on second thought EagleSG Is 3 time World Champion! :) Must be Reliable, Fast and oh yea, Forgiving too! ;)

We build the 90 SGX with your choice of wood. Light strong Okume or extra strong, but heavier Birch. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info so far,, Andy, You build some fine hydros, and have a very informative website,listing good information and pricing. I have done an online search for other builders shown and have not found

any manufactures site with comparative information. I would hope that anyone that responds to this thread would include a link to usefull information or a name and phone number. I do not know most of the builders out there.

Thanks,

BTW,,I did not know that the SGX could be built with different materials,,,see- this is the kind of info I'm looking for.....any one running a SGX 1.01 care to join in???

Replying Crapshooter/ Roadrunner in a post does me absolutly no good....

I NEED INFORMATION PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO sells them,,,,HOW do I get in touch with them,,,,,DO they have a website,,,,,,

WHY do you suggest thier hull over the others??

WW,

My first choice would definitely be a Crapshooter, but they can be difficult to aquire. There is no website because Stu Barr doesn't build them "En Masse". He only builds about ten or so a year, and so the waiting list is long (at least a year). If you can find a used one that someone is willing to let go of, you'd better jump on it. Be prepared to pay handsomely for it, though, as the guy who is selling it did. I don't think there is a sweeter running boat out there.

The Eagle is also a very reputable boat, and they are MUCH easier to get ahold of. It is well built and constantly tested and re-tested for improvements. A solid second choice IMHO.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

I like the Cajun Bullet hydro. Harold Broussard at 337-229-6446 or cajunbullethydros.com

Thanks for the info so far,, Andy, You build some fine hydros, and have a very informative website,listing good information and pricing. I have done an online search for other builders shown and have not found

any manufactures site with comparative information. I would hope that anyone that responds to this thread would include a link to usefull information or a name and phone number. I do not know most of the builders out there.

Thanks,

BTW,,I did not know that the SGX could be built with different materials,,,see- this is the kind of info I'm looking for.....any one running a SGX 1.01 care to join in???
WW,

I run an SGX 1.0 and have very good sucess. It is not the Okume version but it is still light weight.

Extremly good handling and pretty darn quick too.

Buck's 1.0 SGX

:)

-Buck-

I would puchase a Roadrunner U/L 90. It is a Proven Big Block CMB Boat Kit....... CMDI Also Builds a proven Big Block Hydro Boat Kit.... You will have to get in line for a Crapper & Get on the IN list.................. & Be fitted for a Monkey Suit...... there are other professional mfgers out there that Will be happy to just sell you a Nice kit.

;) Our club at Namba District of 16 last May 13 2006 X Hydro is now down to 1:07 ( 6 lap, 1 mile Course) which is a very fast time :) Congratution to Kevin T ( 90SG with OPS90 modified) B)

Thanks,

Gotta love that website and You gotta love the CMDI line of products and services. People don't realize it but part of a branding experience is customer service... and that experience last all the way until the customer comes back again.

If you have to worry about being in the "In-crowd" or the manufacturers production quantity is so low that the product should be considered precious stones rather than race boats that is really not a choice. Sure sometimes the waiting list is quite long but that would be because a hundred boats or more are being ordered from around the world not just 10. (They must be good to have such a high demand) John Brown's craftmenship is hard to duplicate (it takes months to train someone and that's only if they have the patience to learn) so he is hard at work knocking them out one by one every day... And then there are things like a website that tell you best pipe, prop combination as well as hull and engine upgrades.

This lets you know that the manufacturer is creating a fair playing field for all not just a few choice friends. As a matter of fact the people that have the worst times with the product are the people that choose not to take advantage of all the information CMDi provides them. I didn't even know about the stronger wood options. (Hey Andy, I guess we should get that on the website too) That really makes it a no brainer. Where else is anyone taking the diverse needs of the customer into account and satisfying those diverse needs with practical options. I understand that RoadRunners are pretty attainable but what do you do when that time comes and you want to go faster. Can you pick up speed tips on their informative website? No... Do you get on the phone and call customer service? The Answer is still No...

So the answer should be pretty clear. When it comes to competition riggers CMDi's motto should be "We make going fast... Easy"

I understand that RoadRunners are pretty attainable but what do you do when that time comes and you want to go faster. Can you pick up speed tips on their informative website? No... Do you get on the phone and call customer service? The Answer is still No...
Yes Ralph does not have a website, but don't knock his support. He is very helpful on the phone, at home and at work. He will bend over backwards at races to help out also.

Thanks......

Roger

The additioanl need for speed is NOT found on a WEBSITE...........WE ALL KNOW THAT!!!!

YOU & ANDY. THAT IS WEAK!! :p :p :p

The Road Runner line of boats have been avaiable...........BEFORE Andy when into production with HIS OWN line. The advertisement that you so readly speak of is worth how much at the RACE TRACK.

Give yourself a big pat on the back for doing the CMDI website. Great.

" BUT NONE OF US CAN DRIVE IT IN A RACE. AND WIN" So what is left? At the end of it all

With all of the "press 5 now" most of us want to talk to real person to get a feel from that individual. " The personal touch".

Futher, with all of the A/A propaganda or lack there of. What could you say to me after reading all of that, that would convince me to buy that boat.

Road Runner just builds BOATS....

Futher, with all of the A/A propaganda or lack there of. What could you say to me after reading all of that, that would convince me to buy that boat.
Ok BC you & I are real good friends but THAT statement is just plain wrong! Yeah, Andy's new motors are not out yet like he wanted, sxxt happens. BUT to use that to DISCREDIT a purchase on a premier line of READILY available top notch race boats is pure Bullsxxt! There was a time where getting a Roadrunner was next to impossible also, why do you think I now run the Eagles after years of racing & winning with Roadrunners? All I will say from that period of time is I'm glad Ralph is back steering that ship now! Ralph @ Roadrunner and Andy & John @ CMDi are stand up guys who have contributed greatly to the advancements of our beloved riggers. Either will go out of their way to sell to ANYONE who wants one & SUPPORT them after the sale. Like I said before, I have raced & won with both, and BOTH are good choices & BOTH are readily available. B)

Back