Dangers of Model Boats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lohring

Once again the serious dangers involved in our hobby have been pointed out. Please consider my proposal to eliminate these dangers. A video of this style of racing is shown at

I expect that after viewing this you will agree that this would eliminate most of the objections such as danger, cost, and loss of race sites.
I'm hoping for your YES vote when the rules outlawing the current classes and defining the new class are presented in the next Propwash

Lohring Miller

P1010329.JPG

Lol. Good one Lohring. These will go right along with a new engine offering of a new .0000049 Novarossi Engine. Would give the ability to run FE or Nitro. I hear Sullivan is already working on their "Tinytron" starter and ABC will have a new 2mm prop offering as well......
default_smile.png

By the way, I think you stumped Dick Loeb. He is scratching his head and trying to figure out how the retrieve boat will fit in that inflatable pool!!!.....
default_biggrin.png

Hey Lohring,

Obviously you have way too much time on your hands. Sure hope you don't have patients waiting in the reception room while you're racing these boats around the dental chair.

JD

Good one Lohring.

It appears you may have took my post in a negative view. I don't advocate mandating loops. I advocate continuing discussions on safety regardless of the item being discussed. Something positive is usually gained by someone.

I would be cautious about an insurance carrier finding out that safety is not being discussed, applied or in this case being made fun of.

Good day.

I'm glad everyone noticed the date. The safety discussion was getting way too serious. Model boating is one of the safest hobbies among those that involve high speed objects. Lets keep having fun.

Lohring Miller

Well then you got me good Lohring. I thought we had about the same mind set on this. Really hard to tell some time on the forums.

One better, no batteries needed.
default_biggrin.png
I swear they raced those at the redneck party in Charleston years ago, What A Blast
default_cool.png
BINGO,
got one of my favor

ite 1 st place trophies there, for eating "Pigs Feet"
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
One better, no batteries needed.
default_biggrin.png
I swear they raced those at the redneck party in Charleston years ago, What A Blast
default_cool.png
BINGO, got one of my favorite 1 st place trophies there, for eating "Pigs Feet"
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png
Ray, under the rules you shoulda been DQ're...You didn't catch and release. You found and swallowed....

But then again, I ate half my boat in the spam carving round...

I'll go take my meds now, my side is hurting.....

Lohring, I have one question. Since your pool is basically round, how are you planning on turning the boats? I think you need to add an air controlled rudder and have a fan blowing across the pool in the appropriate direction to turn them at racing speeds
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back