D12 race# 5 Fort Richie,Md with 1/8th scale gold cup 2013

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chilli, I have John's 7.5 tunnel ready to rock n roll!
Cool! I have the two tables that were left at my race loaded on the trailer. Forgot who they belonged to. Think one is Dick's and the others either yours or Stan's.

If you Google the address you posted, looks like it's a couple blocks inside the main gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chilli, I have John's 7.5 tunnel ready to rock n roll!
Cool! I have the two tables that were left at my race loaded on the trailer. Forgot who they belonged to. Think one is Dick's and the others either yours or Stan's.

If you Google the address you posted, looks like it's a couple blocks inside the main gate.
i believe you have dick & jame's tables, mike. i have stan's.

Have fun guys. Hopefully the bad weather will hold off so you all can have some good heats.

Day one of the race is complete, westopped at 3 p.m. due to rain. Wind, wind and more wind was the menu for today, but the water was actually pretty good for racing. Everyone had a great first two rounds and we hope to get two more in tomorrow. I personally had a hand full of firsts and a hand full of zeros. Tomorrow will tell the tale! James Ethan

The rain has moved out!! Looking forward to a great day of racing tomorrow. Looks like it will still be breezy. Everyone did a great job with their boat set ups today (especially the tunnels). I was expecting allot more blow overs.

had great time this weekend. always great bunch of guys to race with. a Big thanks goes to Don Ferrette for helping me with the twin fe all weekend cant thank you enough.

Made it home from Fort Richie. I will say it is a very nice place to race boats, my hats off to the Baltimore club for getting this site and putting on a great event. Wish the weather was better on Saturday, but Sunday was perfect!!! Thanks to Chilli and Kent for the assistance with my FE tunnel. Hopefully I will get the bugs out of it and actually race it a full race next year!!! LOL Thanks to Robin for pitting for me all weekend, and to his son Travis for coming out both days with the great food for all to enjoy. Hard to believe the season for district 12 is over but now comes the time to get ready for next year.......BRING IT ON 2014!!!!!!!!!

Ditto What John said. We had a great time. Typical D12 camaraderie this race. I had collet insert problem with my gas boat and had a collet and flex shaft sitting on my table without even asking, John Finch, thanks for helping with me and Kent's rigger this weekend. You are the man!! Jim, running door to door with you for four laps in gas mono is about as much fun as I've had with my clothes on!! A great ending to the season.

I'm very excited about 2014. Tentative date for next year's Capitol Club race in Centreville is June 21st. If any of the other clubs have dates penciled in for next year, I would appreciate it if you let us know as I bid my vacation for 2014 in the next few weeks.

Ditto What John said. We had a great time. Typical D12 camaraderie this race. I had collet insert problem with my gas boat and had a collet and flex shaft sitting on my table without even asking, John Finch, thanks for helping with me and Kent's rigger this weekend. You are the man!! Jim, running door to door with you for four laps in gas mono is about as much fun as I've had with my clothes on!! A great ending to the season.

I'm very excited about 2014. Tentative date for next year's Capitol Club race in Centreville is June 21st. If any of the other clubs have dates penciled in for next year, I would appreciate it if you let us know as I bid my vacation for 2014 in the next few weeks.
Yes, Jim is fun to race with for sure. I hunted him down in the first or second heat and if I had had one more lap I think I could have done it. Everyone told me that you guys had a heck of a race for second place that last heat. I was just trying to run clean and not let up anything to let you guys catch me on that one!!! LOL

Thanks to all who came out and raced this weekend, Congrats to Don Ferrette for winning the scale gold cup and the concourse trophy. Thanks go out to Travis and the Slo Mo Barbecue restaurant for a great lunch, thanks Mike Butler for helping me out in LSG Hydro. The club will be planning the driver stand build next month so 2014 will be an even better race.

Had a great time this past weekend at the Ft. Richie race...great site! Love the trees for shade! Huge paper wasp beehive in one...lookout!! Thank you Baltimore Club for all of the time and energy that went into making this all happen!! Special congrats to Larry for his work on this And for becoming the new club president!!!

Thanks for everyones help pitting for me (Pop Weimer, James Beasley and William) and for John Finch and my bro Chilli for getting my rigger in great running shape!!

Congrats to Dick Loeb for getting the ODMBA pond for the 2014 season!!!

Congrats to Mr. Ferrette for winning the 1/8 scale gold cup award!!

Congrats to Robin winning the $250- Aeromarine raffle prize and also John Finch winning the Mike Butler Zen. engine raffle prize!! I can still hear Steve Sutton crackin' up over that...too funny!!!

Thank you Travis for your awesome food...1st class delivery for hungry racers (both days!!)

Great seeing each and every one of you at every race...you are all like a family to me....D.12 is the best!!!

i can only echo the comments already posted. beautiful site & my d-12 friends to boot!! had a blast this weekend, & a big thanx to john crouch for pitting for me all weekend. chris wittrig & i both missed the needle in a heat of mod vp. we were both fat & slow (the boats i mean :p :lol: :lol: ). i bet we weren't more than 20' apart for 6 laps, what a hoot! i had to stay right on the bouys to stay ahead, chris **** sure kept me honest, most fun i've had racing all year. now to get ready for next season. looks like more gas boats in my future, i picked up an easy vee kit don brought back from hobart for me & then won the aeromarine gift certificate. i'm gonna need a bigger car...........

The Baltimore club has gotten themselves one really nice site and hopefully it will be a location we can enjoy for years to come, a HUGE pat on the back to Larry for his hard work securing this pond. I look forward to coming back to Fort Ritchie in 2014 and I think I might bring one of the twins for open FE/nitro hydro. It was great to see everyone and hopefully we can get together one more time for an October fun run at the NEW pond the ODMBA club has secured if they can have it ready in time. :)

The Baltimore club has gotten themselves one really nice site and hopefully it will be a location we can enjoy for years to come, a HUGE pat on the back to Larry for his hard work securing this pond. I look forward to coming back to Fort Ritchie in 2014 and I think I might bring one of the twins for open FE/nitro hydro. It was great to see everyone and hopefully we can get together one more time for an October fun run at the NEW pond the ODMBA club has secured if they can have it ready in time. :)
2014 i will definitely come to Race at the ODMBA Pond and D12 ill bring everything even the kitchen sink ;-) its been long overdue i want to race with the club and district i started racing with.

To see the pics from the race go to www.racetracerpro.com and click on the picture link of Henry Clark. Thanks Gregg Heffner for taking great action shots!!!

Back