Coyote help needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also could stand over the manual and take some photos for others in the future.

Pics on here will be their saving grace.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the copy... Do you know how to use the Dihedral block for the front sponsons? There are no details.

From memory from many years ago the block was wedge cut and to be placed under the front sponson and set the ride surface to the water. It was a good start set up but running the hull and adjust for the best results.

Here are some old build instructions for the Coyote and also for the Water Spider. Hope the will be some help.

Joe

I had both of those boats on the past. I wonder if Louis Durand who made the Water Spider is still around.

Great races with the Southern Gentleman in the past. They had the most unique trophy THE MAN TROPHY.

Here are some old build instructions for the Coyote and also for the Water Spider. Hope the will be some help.

Joe
I had both of those boats on the past. I wonder if Louis Durand who made the Water Spider is still around.
Great races with the Southern Gentleman in the past. They had the most unique trophy THE MAN TROPHY.
I had a 60 water spider once,I believe it was Ed Keedy who designed the water spider. I wonder if any body has a Louis Durand water spider kit. Would love to build some. Would update the water spider for today's fun/racing. A 45 water spider would be the project.
JRX

JRX I've had one of these new in the box for years. Like 25 years. I'm going to pull it out to build this winter. I could send you the tracings. PM me we can chat.

Cheers

Joe

JRX I've had one of these new in the box for years. Like 25 years. I'm going to pull it out to build this winter. I could send you the tracings. PM me we can chat.

Cheers

Joe
OMG! yes I'll PM you soon Joe. Building some sponsons right now I'll get with you Joe! Thanks!
Cheers!

Joel

I want to thank everyone for helping me with this boat build. I'm looking forward to seeing it run as soon as spring hits.

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0155.JPG

Well done you have made the most out of your fathers boat and equipment including sourcing

the parts you didn't have on hand awesome sauce! Please post a vid when you maiden run it

will be worth keeping down the road to reflect on the project's original first run vs your final setup.

default_smile.png

Again, very nice work!

I think you may have a little too much flex cable exposed there at the engine, you want to have only about 1/2" or it can whip and tear up the bulkhead.

Ask me how I know.
default_huh.png

If you have an idea, I would like to hear it. I don't want to ruin my first ever rigger build!
Make sure your radio box is water proof,I see your using screws on radio lid. Brass tube for flex shaft needs to be longer in your engine bay....you'll get flex shaft whip bad & break.

Always bag your RX and bundle rap rubber bands around all the lead outs, will be enough

to slow down water creep in a flip. You can buy the spray to water proof but I would

still bag the sucker up it has saved my arse many a time.

Back