COOPER QHP test results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Phil I too have been measuring to the weld for almost twenty years now but unfortunately every pipe is different and the Cooper pipe is welded in two spots and they are both past the largest diameter of the pipe.

A simple mark on the pipe from the manufacturer would eliminate any confusion.

Tim

Yes that is true but usually we are talking about a certain pipe not two different ones. When switching pipe designs, if you want to compare pipes you can judge the lenght by going from the plug to the center of the converging cones, that should get you in the ball park for comparisons. But now we have welded on mufflers so we cannot see the converging cones.

Yes Phil I too have been measuring to the weld for almost twenty years now but unfortunately every pipe is different and the Cooper pipe is welded in two spots and they are both past the largest diameter of the pipe.
A simple mark on the pipe from the manufacturer would eliminate any confusion.

Tim

Yes that is true but usually we are talking about a certain pipe not two different ones. When switching pipe designs, if you want to compare pipes you can judge the lenght by going from the plug to the center of the converging cones, that should get you in the ball park for comparisons. But now we have welded on mufflers so we cannot see the converging cones.
On the QHP Cooper pipe, the measure is taken just past the mid band.

What engines and boats are you guys running these pipes on successfully? Not every engine and pipe combos work well together.
Thanks,

David
David, I have run the COOPER QHP on , .80 CMB Mono, .45 CMB Mono, and .21 Nova Rossi Hydro.

successfully! These 3 combos do work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back