How to ruin a day at the lake in under 5 Seconds

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Micheals craft store as well if you have one in your area, but these are the best way to go imho- every shape/size/pull strength you could need, if they dont offer it- they can custom make em ;)

http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the saga of the Elam. First on the list, I went looking for magnets locally and finally found some at a local "mom & pop" craft store. Unfortunately, the local Michael's didn't carry anything other than refrigerator magnets. What I ended up with is some bar magnets of roughly .125X.0625X.375. I plan on mounting them in the same locations as the original mounts and adjusting as neccessary, now I'm just hoping for the best in that they work. At the same time, I'll be making repairs on the cowl, might as well kill two birds at the same time. If I do get that lucky with the magnets, I have enough to do a second boat over the winter. I found a source for nylon screws so one tail is back on, the other was pretty well toasted so I am doing minor repair on an extra tail that came with the boat and, when that's completed, it will be installed. When I get all of that, as well as the wing reinstalled, I have to machine a new shaft for the rudder. If all goes well, I may be back on the water one of the next two weekends. That will give me a chance to burn up the rest of an open gallon of fuel before the weather starts to go bad B)

Mark,if you are fighting a time window to finish testing or racing the boat in a few weeks,use radio box tape or even duct tape to hold the cowl on.When needed have the pieces precut stuck to the side of your boat or table ready to use.After all duct tape helped bring Appollo 13 back.

Harvey Liberman

Harvey, this time limit is self imposed, not a race date or anything like that. It is almost funny that you suggested using tape on the cowl as that is exactly what I did in Sellersburg IN last summer at a fun run with a brand new sport 20. What's bad is that sport 20 hasn't been wet since due to other obligations and work :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back