Congratulations to Brian Buaas / 3.5 hydro record

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

57fairlane500

Yesterday Brian set a new 6 lap, 1 mile heat racing record in 3.5 hydro with a brand new Raptor rigger and new NovaRossi 5 port motor at 1:07 (67 seconds).

I guess he CAN do more than electrics. :p

Last edited:
I had the pleasure of watching Brian run his boat all day, all I can say is WOW! The Raptor is the nicest running heat race boat I have seen. It was very smooth on the water, turns fantastic, and of course is very fast! Even in the heat race water with 5 other boats out there it never did anything silly! Oh course I was very happy that he is running one of the Novarossi 5 port motors and new muffled pipe! I have to say I am VERY impressed with these pipes... There is no cutting or tuning required. Just slide it up over the header. About as short as it will go and let it rip! It is REALLY quiet and makes great power!

I think we will be seeing a lot of these boats turning up at races across the US! Good job Brian!

Now I just have to figure out how to get my Texan to outrun him since I'm moving up here...

GQ

Brian's boats are always just perfectly built, and beautifully crafted, and perform as good as they look! Good job, buddy!

Should be noted, as well, that Brian also set a new NAMBA P-Ltd Hydro record of 1:11.xx as well.... using the FE version fo the same hull.

Thanks Matt!!! I believe that is the 21 boat, just with a CMB in it instead of the Nova.
Brian swapped out the CMB for a Nova, which is what he was running this weekend. I'm not sure if anyone got picture of it this weekend, but I'll ask around.

Couldn't believe just how QUIET the Novarossi with Novarossie quite pipe was! Sounded almost like a high-strung FE boat! Only a bit faster, and a lot gooier!! :p

I had the pleasure of watching Brian run his boat all day, all I can say is WOW! The Raptor is the nicest running heat race boat I have seen. It was very smooth on the water, turns fantastic, and of course is very fast! Even in the heat race water with 5 other boats out there it never did anything silly! Oh course I was very happy that he is running one of the Novarossi 5 port motors and new muffled pipe! I have to say I am VERY impressed with these pipes... There is no cutting or tuning required. Just slide it up over the header. About as short as it will go and let it rip! It is REALLY quiet and makes great power!

I think we will be seeing a lot of these boats turning up at races across the US! Good job Brian!

Now I just have to figure out how to get my Texan to outrun him since I'm moving up here...

GQ
The pipe is VERY quiet! I have run it on my 5-port but had a water issue that soured the test. I've been thinking about testing it again, and this is just the news I needed to do it!

Congrats Brian on the achievement!

Thanks guys. The boat is just so easy to drive it's almost unfair. It runs just like the FE version that's evolved over the last four years.

I had a little fun building this one, it's all vacuum bagged epoxy/carbon. Fairly light and really stiff.

Nova 5 port with a little work from Mark Grim, Nova muffled pipe and a mildly worked over ABC 1816.

Here's a couple pics as it ran.

DSCF6747.JPG

DSCF6748.JPG

DSCF6749.JPG

Must be enough for 2 minute start time, 30 second clock time, and about 1:11 seconds of racing. :blink:

Oh, it also has sufficient fuel to run an extra lap when jumping the starting clock. That start was close, but it was over - along with the other boats in that heat.

JD

Yeah Tom, looking at the tank it had plenty of extra..my guess is 9 or 10 oz. It is really a remarkable boat. Brian does the nicest layup work I have personally seen and his attention to detail is second to none.

GQ

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Tom, it has a little over 9 oz in it. Even with the extra lap it had plenty of fuel left.

It's going to be fun to see just how much I can get out of it.

Very impressive boat for sure, lightning fast and consistent! A 1600 point day and a record is not a bad weekend, nice job Brian.

Back