CMDI Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy

It's nice you are making pipes but what are we going to mount this to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, Why didn't you install the pressure fittings on the .21 & .45 pipes like you did on the .67 pipe? Should we use the same pipe lengths or do you reccommend something new?

When do you think the .21 piston and sleeves will be available?

Andy, Why didn't you install the pressure fittings on the .21 & .45 pipes like you did on the .67 pipe? Should we use the same pipe lengths or do you reccommend something new?
When do you think the .21 piston and sleeves will be available?

There is not enough extra material diameter on the smaller pipes to easily add the pressure fitting, but I'm looking at ways to add it in the future.

We have liners for the 21. Just need to get the pistons made. Hopefully not too much longer.

I received my two AB21 XT pipes today...really great looking pipes :blink:

But what is the recomended pipe length for the new AB21 XT???

As long as the "old" AB FAT pipe? longer? shorter?

(I want to use it in my 21 SGX with a Greenhead Valvola)

Robert

I received my two AB21 XT pipes today...really great looking pipes :blink: But what is the recomended pipe length for the new AB21 XT???

As long as the "old" AB FAT pipe? longer? shorter?

(I want to use it in my 21 SGX with a Greenhead Valvola)

Robert

Robert,

I would normally recommend 8.0" center of cylinder to the rear cone. You may want to

start a little longer. I don't know details of your set-up, so start at about 8.5".

Did you get regular muffler or extra muffling?

Hi Andy,

I took the extra muffled version.

I set the pipe to 8.25" now...will do some testing next week.

My setup:

hull: SGX21

props: 1445 / 1445 3.0" / 1445 3.2"

engine: valvola greenhead

fuel: 30% (you know nitro is expensive here in Germany and we are just driving for fun)

Robert

CMDi 1/4" billet shaft bushings have been out of stock for over one year now, but now they are back!!

We have also added more drive dogs in both stainless steel and 7075-T6 aluminum.

Check them out on the ' New Releases' page at cmdracing.com

Also added but not pictured are 7075-T6 big bore pipe pressure fittings.

GAS BOATERS....the plug for our new Gas Sport hydro is nearing completion. The hull has some very nice lines

and has a wider foot print than other gas hydros.

While we have never marketed a conventional sport type hydro, we have been developing a sport 45 hydro

for over 10 years ( it set the IMPBA SAW record in 1998). Everything we've learned from this Sport 45 hydro and our outrigger over the years is going into this new Gas Sport hydro.

Stay tuned!

While on the subject of gas boats......the new AB91 pipe has been tested on a QD 25.....and from what I've heard it just may be "THE" gas pipe. This pipe will telescope over the 7/8" headers. I plan to make some rear cones without the pressure fitting and also some header sections that will work with the 1" headers.

I have actually been working on a gas pipe design along with matching header.

Good boating,

Andy

I saw where John was going to bring the gas hydro up to Celina this weekend but his wife is still recovering. I hope that she's doing OK. I talked to her for a while at the `03 Internat's.

I saw where John was going to bring the gas hydro up to Celina this weekend but his wife is still recovering. I hope that she's doing OK. I talked to her for a while at the `03 Internat's.

Ron,

Laurie has been out for quite awhile, but she is now improving after the surgery she had a few weeks ago.

John, was hoping to make the gas nats. Hope you guys have a great race.

John is planning on making the big race in Slidell, La.

He has been ramping up our flex shaft production, so we should catch up on backorders and have them in stock next week.

A pic of the new CMDi big bore pressure fitting is now posted at cmdracing.com on the 'new releases' page.

More goodies coming soon....as in engine parts! :)

Can you elaborate on the application of the stainless and T6 drive dogs?

-Buck-

p.s. Keep up the good work. I really do appreciate it.

Tell John I'll see him in Slidell.

CMDi 1/4" billet shaft bushings have been out of stock for over one year now, but now they are back!!
We have also added more drive dogs in both stainless steel and 7075-T6 aluminum.

Check them out on the ' New Releases' page at cmdracing.com

Also added but not pictured are 7075-T6 big bore pipe pressure fittings.

GAS BOATERS....the plug for our new Gas Sport hydro is nearing completion. The hull has some very nice lines

and has a wider foot print than other gas hydros.

While we have never marketed a conventional sport type hydro, we have been developing a sport 45 hydro

for over 10 years ( it set the IMPBA SAW record in 1998). Everything we've learned from this Sport 45 hydro and our outrigger over the years is going into this new Gas Sport hydro.

Stay tuned!

While on the subject of gas boats......the new AB91 pipe has been tested on a QD 25.....and from what I've heard it just may be "THE" gas pipe. This pipe will telescope over the 7/8" headers. I plan to make some rear cones without the pressure fitting and also some header sections that will work with the 1" headers.

I have actually been working on a gas pipe design along with matching header.

Good boating,

Andy
This pipe also works extremely well on my 26 CC Zenoah. Tuned length is set at 17.5 inches measured from the piston face to the middle of the entire baffle cone length. The engine easily turns 18,500 RPM. Very well made piece Andy!

Jim

Thanks for the news and information Jim!

More on gas stuff: For those who use 1/4" square drives we now have 1/4" square drive cable.

This is strongest cable availible.

Custom Cut to your length. 26" or less $12. Over 26" $18.

We will soon have 1/4" shaft ferrells, stub shafts and .430" O.D. drive dogs to match 'Prop Shop" props.

Buck,

The 3/16" X .365" drive dogs are a perfect match to most of the 3/16 props down to 42mm.

The stainless are the toughest and will hold up to any amount of power.

We made the 7075-T6 units for those who are looking to save every bit of weight at the shaft.

The tensile strength of this aluminum is about the same as the stainless, but is not as shock resistant.

They will hold up to .21 & .45 power.

Today we finished up some really trick solid billet headers for the MAC 21. Will have others sizes soon.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

They are availible @ 10 and 15 degrees. Complete with silicon bushing and spring.

Sounds like CMDI is getting into gas with new goodies! Andy how much will the AB90 pipe be muffled db wise? Having a good muffled pipe would open the European market considerably.

Julius

We now have pics posted of the new billet headers. They are availible to fit ALL engine brands.

We have a version to fit the CMB 90 and the K90 that uses a silicon bushing in place of O-rings.

They are made to telescope into the new AB 90 pipe.

The MAC 84 version also fits Picco, CMB, K 67's and 80's.

Julius,

I don't know the exact db level of the Extra muffled version, but the system is an improvment over what I used at the world champs without exceeding the NAVIGA db level.

Andy,

will the headers that you are making for the cmb 45 motor telescope inside your old 45 parabolic pipe?

thanks

chris

Chris,

Yes they will fit in the AB 45 parabolic pipe.

Andy, I don't know. Some pipes are made with a perfect match to

the exhaust outlet on the engine, therefore putting a header inside would creat too much restiction.

Edit:

Andy, Got your PM but my reply btton wouldn't work. If the Cooper pipe slides over the CMB header it will also slide

over our new header.

I will post header I.D's and O.D's as we add them to the website.

And yes, I'm working on some trick water cooled headers too.

Also working on add-on mufflers. The first will be for the MACS 15 cc pipe. Some of you have been waiting on those.

Good boating,

Andy

Back