CMDI Update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Brown,

I received one of your 90/100 pipes along with some new blades and other pieces yesterday. The new 90 pipe is every bit as nice as the new 60/80 pipe is and the new blades are great also. I do have a question about the 90/100 pipe concerning the header. Which header did you use when designing this pipe? I need something that will fit a CMB exh stub and your new pipe. Maybe a factory CMB header?

Regards,

-Buck-

Mr. Brown,I received one of your 90/100 pipes along with some new blades and other pieces yesterday. The new 90 pipe is every bit as nice as the new 60/80 pipe is and the new blades are great also. I do have a question about the 90/100 pipe concerning the header. Which header did you use when designing this pipe? I need something that will fit a CMB exh stub and your new pipe. Maybe a factory CMB header?

Regards,

-Buck-

Buck,

I have designed a tapered header to match the new AB 91 pipe and fits the CMB case. Just have'nt got them made yet.

Ron,

I have a Speedmaster mini rudder blade and was planning to make a thinner one out of 7570-T6. No problem to make a few w/o the water p/u.

Mr. Brown,I received one of your 90/100 pipes along with some new blades and other pieces yesterday. The new 90 pipe is every bit as nice as the new 60/80 pipe is and the new blades are great also. I do have a question about the 90/100 pipe concerning the header. Which header did you use when designing this pipe? I need something that will fit a CMB exh stub and your new pipe. Maybe a factory CMB header?

Regards,

-Buck-

Buck,

I have designed a tapered header to match the new AB 91 pipe and fits the CMB case. Just have'nt got them made yet.

Ron,

I have a Speedmaster mini rudder blade and was planning to make a thinner one out of 7570-T6. No problem to make a few w/o the water p/u.
I'd be interested in a few of those too to fit the Speedmaster mounting block, even an inch or so longer.

Not sure what you're using for hole size down the back but 1/16th is plenty IMHO, believe the Speedmaster is 3/32" and doesn't leave much room for error if you know what I mean. :blink:

Any chance to get a pick-up hole on each side?

Don't ask for much do I? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Regards,

-Buck-

Buck,

Ron,

I'd be interested in a few of those too to fit the Speedmaster mounting block, even an inch or so longer.

Not sure what you're using for hole size down the back but 1/16th is plenty IMHO, believe the Speedmaster is 3/32" and doesn't leave much room for error if you know what I mean. :blink:

Terry,

We're using 2.5 mm (.0984" )and could go bigger for max water flow. The accuracy of the MAZAK allows us to drill

4"deep holes and be less than .0005" off at the bottom,unless the drill is bad or we try to force it too fast.

With a good drill we can feed at .002" per rev.

If the P/U hole meets the leading edge properly there is no need for a hole on each side. This is a very important fact that is over looked. Many manufactures will leave the p/u starting back from the leading edge. This causes a large loss of pressure.

A hole one each side, will also cause a loss in pressure when the blade is turned because the water will flow through to the low pressure side of the blade.

Regards,

-Buck-

Buck,

Ron,

Terry,

We're using 2.5 mm (.0984" )and could go bigger for max water flow. The accuracy of the MAZAK allows us to drill

4"deep holes and be less than .0005" off at the bottom,unless the drill is bad or we try to force it too fast.

With a good drill we can feed at .002" per rev.

If the P/U hole meets the leading edge properly there is no need for a hole on each side. This is a very important fact that is over looked. Many manufactures will leave the p/u starting back from the leading edge. This causes a large loss of pressure.

A hole one each side, will also cause a loss in pressure when the blade is turned because the water will flow through to the low pressure side of the blade.

Sounds good, I'll look for your "mini rudders" down the road, thanks!

We have two new 21 pipes.

One of them is designed specifically for .21 engines that utilize a 180 degree header.

I will post pics and details tomorrow.

Hey Andy, can you push enough buttons on that machine to make it spit out a few outboard pipes? seriously....

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see that new pipe also!

I called there a couple of weeks ago about the .21 rudder and talked to Rene' but you and Donna were out of the office at the time. I'll have to try again as she wasn't sure on the price at that time.

James, I've been looking into that thought.

Ron, Renee has you down for the rudder blade. I'll let you know when they are ready.

Four new pipes are now posted at CMDRACING.COM

AB21 SS - A short pipe for 180 headers Nova, Picco ect.

AB21 ST - Another short pipe.

AB21 XT - A long pipe for the MAC 21. Performance will be simlar to the AB FAT pipe, but with less diameter.

AB45 XTS - A short belly version of the AB45 XT. This pipe will be well suited for Picco engines.

More details on the AB pipe page.

Four new pipes are now posted at CMDRACING.COM
AB21 SS - A short pipe for 180 headers Nova, Picco ect.

AB21 ST - Another short pipe.

AB21 XT - A long pipe for the MAC 21. Performance will be simlar to the AB FAT pipe, but with less diameter.

AB45 XTS - A short belly version of the AB45 XT. This pipe will be well suited for Picco engines.

More details on the AB pipe page.

I do not see any prices listed for the pipes. Have the price list been updated for the new line of pipes yet?

If you have to ask, you can't afford them! :lol:

Go to the bottom of the page and download the price list, they're listed right at the top of that.

Ron,

The price sheet hasen't been up dated with the latest pipes yet.

I've got a AB 21SS pipe on the way, can't wait to give it a try. :)

Not too many pipes made in the good old USA anymore.

Ron,The price sheet hasen't been up dated with the latest pipes yet.

I've got a AB 21SS pipe on the way, can't wait to give it a try. :)

Not too many pipes made in the good old USA anymore.

Agreed on the price list. I checked it before I posted my question.

Back