New Rudder blades

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBrown

We have added new blades to the CMDi rudder line up.

We have a new extra long blade (1.2" X 6.5") with a deep water p/u. The water hole is .125" I.D. for the full distance for maximum flow.

We made this blade for big gas Hydros/Thunderboats, that require a long blade with a a large deep water pick up.

All of the blades in the pics are made of high strength 7075-T6. They are thinner than 6061 blades of equal size.

All of these blades fit our Medium and Large pivot brakets.

Also note that our Large pivot bracket fit the Speedmaster style transom mounts. These will allow you to retro fit the CMDi blades to your current Speedmaster style system.

See the large pivot bracket at cmdracing.com

All are in stock now at CMDi. Stock up now for the coming season.

DSCF4252.jpg

DSCF4250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also added is a thin (.145") 1.0" X 4.0" blade for the .21 SGX, .21 SGX-one. The SG can use the .9" blade or even the new .8" blade. The soon to be introduced .21 SGX2 will use these smaller blade sizes. Most .21 riggers and monos can use these smaller sizes.

We have added new blades to the CMDi rudder line up.
We have a new extra long blade (1.2" X 6.5") with a deep water p/u. The water hole is .125" I.D. for the full distance for maximum flow.

We made this blade for big gas Hydros/Thunderboats, that require a long blade with a a large deep water pick up.

All of the blades in the pics are made of high strength 7075-T6. They are thinner than 6061 blades of equal size.

All of these blades fit our Medium and Large pivot brakets.

Also note that our Large pivot bracket fit the Speedmaster style transom mounts. These will allow you to retro fit the CMDi blades to your current Speedmaster style system.

See the large pivot bracket at cmdracing.com

All are in stock now at CMDi. Stock up now for the coming season.
Andy,

How thick are the 1.2" wide blades? Is the 6.5" length the whole blade or the wedge section?

Ian.

Ian,

6.5" is the whole blade. They are .210" thick.

The Water P/U is about .7" from the bottom.

Ian,

Hi, Andy! I made several rudder blades myself and found that water fitting should be seated lower than top mounting hole. When you hit something with rudder, the fitting on the top will be always broken! Would you like me to email you pictures? Thanks. Boris

Ian,

Hi, Andy! I made several rudder blades myself and found that water fitting should be seated lower than top mounting hole. When you hit something with rudder, the fitting on the top will be always broken! Would you like me to email you pictures? Thanks. Boris
Thanks for the advice Boris! The pivot is located to where this is very rarely an issue.

We have been using and selling this system to many satisfied boaters for 12 years. :)

Ian,

Thanks for the advice Boris! The pivot is located to where this is very rarely an issue.

We have been using and selling this system to many satisfied boaters for 12 years. :)
Andy, how much does a complete rudder set cost for a 45 rigger?

Check out our rudder systems at cmdracing.com.

Several new struts and more rudder bracket configuations coming soon.

Mini systems too!

The new .21 carb should be ready to ship mid next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back