CMB21 carburator

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sport hydro

Bought a CMB21 RS. The carb has what looks like an adjustable needle inlet housing. However, after removing the two set screws, I can not move the assembly. What does it take to move it without damaging it? I need to rotate it to get the fuel line away from the flywheel side.

Clamp carb with leather cardboard or something. You could try grabbing the outlet with some dull pliers as a heat sink and use a pencli toarch or one of those lighters that that has that kind of flame. Heat one spot on the outside of the outside of the cut out to try to expand it and pull the outlet out or twist into position. Don't burn it up or anything but you should be able to get one spot nice and hot. You got to do it pretty quick beroe everything heat up. Might take more than one try.

Bought a CMB21 RS. The carb has what looks like an adjustable needle inlet housing. However, after removing the two set screws, I can not move the assembly. What does it take to move it without damaging it? I need to rotate it to get the fuel line away from the flywheel side.
take out the [2] screws that hold the fuel inlet......take out the low speed needle in the end of the barrel.........remove the throttle arm........

loosen the lock nut on the side of the carb body and back out the barrel stop screw ......firmly tap the end of the barrel and it will push the fuel inlet out of the carb body recess........

Re-position the fuel inlet to where you want it and put er' all back together by reversing the steps above.... ;)

Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Rod,

That is what I was thinking had to be done, but not being experianced with the carb, idn't want to do anything until someone could conferm my thoughts.

Back