Walbro 257 Carb Fuel Inlet Position

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I trashed the original one so I got the metal part out with vice grips with some effort. I’m tapping the new one in with a mallet and a small deep well socket. It’s been a bit of a slow process. The question is, should there be any amount of brass showing or should the plastic rest on the carb body? This is where it’s at currently.View attachment 291189
It doesn’t seem to want to go any more

It'll go all the way. Just put a allen wrench or wire inside the nipple so it doesn't get deformed. I don't think it will "need" to go in all the way to be functional but all mine are touching the plastic. I tap them in with a small brass hammer and put a little oil on the fitting beforehand.

Every time I do it I think about making a small jig so I can put a carb in the arbor press, just never got that far.

Good luck. You'll get the hang of it after doing a couple.

Brian

It'll go all the way. Just put a allen wrench or wire inside the nipple so it doesn't get deformed. I don't think it will "need" to go in all the way to be functional but all mine are touching the plastic. I tap them in with a small brass hammer and put a little oil on the fitting beforehand.

Every time I do it I think about making a small jig so I can put a carb in the arbor press, just never got that far.

Good luck. You'll get the hang of it after doing a couple.

Brian
Thanks Brian. I got it a little further in. I think I’m gonna leave as is. It’s as tight as can be so I don’t think it will leak. I’m afraid going to break the fitting if I hit it too much longer. The arbor press jig would be a great idea!

It doesn’t seem to want to go any more

They do not need to go all the way in and usually are not all the way in. Block of wood over 90° with opposite side of carb on solidly supported block of wood and small hammer will drive it in enough easily.
You can also squeeze or press them(vise, drill press) in but they do not need the entire brass all the way in. Enough so you know it isn't coming out is good enough to seal and that is all that matters.

Back