CMB 2006 OB TUNNEL RACE - 2nd ANNUAL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very well said Mike! It was great to see you again, cant wait till EVille!

My saga was a bit different having struggled with all my boats all weekend but it was a blast none the less :) That Smack talk VPMod race was great fun while my motor lasted, just wish we could have battled to the end. :D

Ron

every once and a while you get a good start.. or a fast needle.. or a good meal.. but at this race it was the norm.. I sit at my PC with a huge smile because not of JUST the racing.. but the friends you can make in this hobby..

IL

IN

OH

KN

TN

NC

SC

15 hours on the road

mountains

tired

Cold

early to the pond

cold

people start to show

Smiles

Hand shakes

Old Friends

Johno

Carl

on and on

New Friends

Bobby

Mike

Mike

john

on and on

Florida

Alabama

Georgia

SC

Netherlands

Germany

on and on

Toni.. with an I

low country boil

full

Cold

Friends

Nitro

fast

speed

Drivers meeting

LAUGH

Barney

Aunt Bea

tears

RACE

WIN

loose

WIN

cold

fire

drinks

food

cold

Mitch Jr

Sr

RON ...my friend Ron..

eat

up early

late

Zip ties

Punked

pool chair

Cold

race

Nitro

Fast

Spoils

defeat

laughs

hand shakes

good byes

cold

15 hours on the road

Home.......... and that my friends is not the half of it.... If you missed this one you truly missed what model boat racing in the IMPBA is all about...

Mr, Holliday..

Mr, Knight

CMB Club

Thank you for allowing this race to happen.. if it was not for your guiding hands 30 people would have never been allowed to experience what i feel was quite likely the BEST boat race i have ever been to..

Thank you very much

Michael “Grimracer” Zaborowski

Aquacraft

Grimracer

O Donnell Fuel

Grim

You forgot to say you met Waterbug !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice to have had you down Mike ......

Butch :D

Ron, I wish we could run that heat over again just for you. The only motor out of 5 that went sour all weekend. But I'll say this, after watching the Smack Talk race video over and over I have to hand it to all of you guys. Driving boats that none of you had ever driven before and then driving them to the edge like you did just shows what great competitors and drivers you really are. I worked really hard to get the boats ready and watching you all race them and enjoy them made it all worth it. I will never forget it!

Ron, I wish we could run that heat over again just for you. The only motor out of 5 that went sour all weekend. But I'll say this, after watching the Smack Talk race video over and over I have to hand it to all of you guys. Driving boats that none of you had ever driven before and then driving them to the edge like you did just shows what great competitors and drivers you really are. I worked really hard to get the boats ready and watching you all race them and enjoy them made it all worth it. I will never forget it!

Mark, a bell just went off in my head! As hard as I had to worked on my boats all weekend it never registered that you were preparing your personal boats as well as all the Mod VP's. I should have been over to help you........sorry bout that!

Thanks for all your effort! It is much appreciated and was a blast running those Mod VP's!

On the blown motor its as they say "Thats Racing" I think Grim put some moth balls in my fuel :lol:

Ron

Last edited:
Hi tunnel racers

Am I glad I was one of the contestants at this fantastic organised tunnel boat race.

It was worth the trip of flying more then 9 hours and the 5 hr drive.

I want to thank everyone that made it possible for me to feel one of you .

Ronald, or shall I say Capt Moron.

Hi tunnel racers

Am I glad I was one of the contestants at this fantastic organised tunnel boat race.

Ronald I'd say you were a Natural to blend in. You proved your worthiness on Saturday Evening with that stunt you performed going down I-95. I won't elaborate any more. :D

Very nice meeting you and So Glad you had a good time! That's what it's all about!!! ;)

Scott

Hi tunnel racers

Ronald,

Seen or know of any MOON shots recently? Especially in North America, in South Carolina? And I am not talking about the eclipse due to take place today which will not be seen on this side of the Atlantic. You must have been feeling quite well. I suspect too much of the Atwell's was rubbing off on you! Be careful, they may draft you into the Fun Bunch.

Did we have fun??? I believe that was the first order of business at the driver's meeting. And the nicest thing about it, this is a year long thing with us and not just with our major races.

John

I got to hand it to you guys. Yet again you have put on one heck of a tunnel boat race. I think that Grim has said it best. You know it's not really the racing itself that makes it fun. It's the comradery and understanding between the racers themselves. I personally had a great time and learned a lot of new things, even though I didn't do all that great this weekend, (see Bobby's video on the Tunnel Champs site "Wade, Mitch Jr., and Kevin Lee collide." That was probably my most memorable race in a while and I was glad to see that you caught it all, though you could have left out the last part <_< . lol.) I still had fun. Though, zip ties and a pool chair, I have no idea what you're talking about Grim :lol: . Looking forward to doing it again next year. Maybe our foreign buddy Capt./ Deputy Moron can come join us again. No matter what Toni says about you and Gabe's Jeep, you're alright. Thanks again CMB.

~Mitch Jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pleasure to finally meet you Grim! Glad you had a good time and thanks for all the kind words! I thought last year's race was great, but you guys helped make this one even better. I can't wait for '07!

Thanks to all the Atwell's for pitching in! This race was hosted by the CMB but we had help from everywhere at one point or another during the race. It was group effort that made it a success!

Jr., sorry about the video but that was a great race! You rarely have two boats go at it like that much less four! The laps were winding down and it's time to make a move. It was just a racing incident, it happens. ;) Besides, the video of Wade and Gabe showed that the boat came back strong! Besides, it's always funny when the cameraman gets scared! :lol:

-Bobby

Grim and all too,

Being the CD and spectator the majority of the race, I had a ball with everyone. Finally meeting you, Ronald, Wayne and many others was special for sure. We tried to cook up some fun, laughter and surprises for all to partake in for the weekend. Carl pulling out the Sheriff hat was the icing on the cake. Just not sure how we can top this year. That is the trouble with doing something like this. Expectation to top it for next year. I truly hope Bobby got some of it on tape. Kodak moment for sure.

Your comment about most likely being the BEST race you have every attended means a lot to us I can guarantee. We are a humble group really just getting started but have a fabulous supporting cast and you saw that the entire weekend. EVERYONE pulling together having fun, helping each other, picking on each other and racing. Does not get any better than that!

Thanks for allowing us to host the IMPBA OB National Director and hope your return will be soon. Wayne, pull him on down again to race with us. Is the Ramada Inn safe to visit? I have gotten any phone calls yet so I am not sure how to take that. Thanks guys!

John

Jr., sorry about the video but that was a great race! You rarely have two boats go at it like that much less four! The laps were winding down and it's time to make a move. It was just a racing incident, it happens. ;) Besides, the video of Wade and Gabe showed that the boat came back strong! Besides, it's always funny when the cameraman gets scared! :lol:

-Bobby
Oh it's no problem. I had to laugh when I saw it. Good ol'Bobby, catches everything :lol: . I have to say that Wade is probably the hardest person to get around that I've raced. I tried on at least 3 different occasions to make a move and every time I got the door slammed. Nice commentary though,"Whoa where did that boat come from!? Now this is a race!" Too bad that me Grim and Otto couldn't be put in a heat all together. I was looking forward to a rematch like at the Internats where I passed them both in one corner and pulled away down the front stretch :p . Next year we'll have to build you a boat to race. Your only problem is that Sightler only makes monos. lol.

~Mitch Jr.

Ronald I'd say you were a Natural to blend in. You proved your worthiness on Saturday Evening with that stunt you performed going down I-95. I won't elaborate any more. :D

Very nice meeting you and So Glad you had a good time! That's what it's all about!!! ;)

Scott
Scott,

You know what they say: if you can't beat them, join them

Don't tell the sheriff what happend on the I-95 LOL

Ronald.

Scott
Scott,

Ronald.
That was CLASSIC, I dont think even the Atwells knew what to say after that one...lol

To all CMB club members

I have to thank them all to make me the First International CMB club member.

A very nice gesture and much appreciated. I feel honoured.

Until the next tunnel race.

Ronald.

B)

Scott
Scott,

Ronald.

I suspect when I get finished writing the club by-laws I am going to have to put in a standards of conduct clause. If not we may have bunch in the lockup in a "mooning" competition or a drinking competition with our Aussie brothers. Gabe already proved he cannot keep up with them in the drinking competition and lost a day of socializing at the 2004 internats because of it.

Oh the headlines in the local Walterboro newspaper, called the "Press and Standard", could be ugly. Just like the butts hanging out the windows on the interstate. Luckily it was near dark Saturday night when we left the lake. And Brenda did not see it. Don't think I could explain that one!

Gabe already proved he cannot keep up with them in the drinking competition

OHHHHHH!!!!!!! Quite the contrary Mofrair! I did a **** fine job "keeping up" with the Aussies, In fact, I was the only american that tried (except for that Futaba Rep...) I did quite well in the drinking department. The next day was VERY BAD indeed, but I was NO WORSE than the Aussies!! I even got invited to sober up under there tent! (which included sleeping in folding camp chairs while my heats went on without me in them...)

Bring it Aussie boys! When we get through showing you boys how to run tunnels, you can bet there are a few beer drinkers ready for the challenge! ( Oh my god what am I getting myself into....)

~James :D :D

Oh I see. I just remember you telling me you were in such a bad shape that you slept the majority of the next day in the tent and missed the racing. Apparently that was true. And that the Aussies did not seem to be fazed at all by the night of drinking. Was that true also? Just trying to get the record straight since I was not there. Don't want any of us to be misled or come away with the wrong impression, DO WE??? Maybe you were keeping UP with the Aussie's but they were LEADING!

Me thinks that you are painting yourself into the perverbial corner with no way out unless they do not come. Which I am sure you may undergo a religious conversion to try to influence the Almighty to happen. LOL. Chapter two may be written next race.

Can I help you any more??? Just ask!!

I recall the Ozzy/Clegg drinking episode and I dont believe the Ozzies missed any heats the next day while James slept the day away :lol:

Ron

Oh I see. I just remember you telling me you were in such a bad shape that you slept the majority of the next day in the tent and missed the racing. Apparently that was true. And that the Aussies did not seem to be fazed at all by the night of drinking. Was that true also? Just trying to get the record straight since I was not there. Don't want any of us to be misled or come away with the wrong impression, DO WE??? Maybe you were keeping UP with the Aussie's but they were LEADING!

Me thinks that you are painting yourself into the perverbial corner with no way out unless they do not come. Which I am sure you may undergo a religious conversion to try to influence the Almighty to happen. LOL. Chapter two may be written next race.

Can I help you any more??? Just ask!!

Grub would have missed the whole DAY if he hadnt had his mates to drag him out of the hotel room and make him go to the pond. Yes, the Aussies were pretty bad off, although I dont think they were as bad as I was. Dont get me wrong, I DEFINATELY am not saying I can outdrink them, but they WONT drink me under the table either! (ahhhh....the male ego!) There was a picture floating around somewhere of all of us asleep (Me, Wild Bill, Winks and Grub) in the aussie pits, it was kinda obvious the kind of night we had. Don and I went to the same bar at this years internats, but it just wasnt the same without the Steve and Bill feeding you drink after drink....

Anyhow, Ive never met the Tunnel guys wanting to come from Australia now, Im not sure they can stand up to the reputation that WideBoy racing has built in the alchohol department. If there is a challenge, I will be changing from my normal german beer, and upgrading to a higher octane Brew to get the ole tolerance built up.

Is this the start of SMACK TALK V3. "international azz whoopin' " ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

~James

Grub would have missed the whole DAY if he hadnt had his mates to drag him out of the hotel room and make him go to the pond. Yes, the Aussies were pretty bad off, although I dont think they were as bad as I was. Dont get me wrong, I DEFINATELY am not saying I can outdrink them, but they WONT drink me under the table either! (ahhhh....the male ego!) There was a picture floating around somewhere of all of us asleep (Me, Wild Bill, Winks and Grub) in the aussie pits, it was kinda obvious the kind of night we had. Don and I went to the same bar at this years internats, but it just wasnt the same without the Steve and Bill feeding you drink after drink....

Anyhow, Ive never met the Tunnel guys wanting to come from Australia now, Im not sure they can stand up to the reputation that WideBoy racing has built in the alchohol department. If there is a challenge, I will be changing from my normal german beer, and upgrading to a higher octane Brew to get the ole tolerance built up.

Is this the start of SMACK TALK V3. "international azz whoopin' " ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

~James
I like to see that picture. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ronald.

Latest posts

Back