CMB 2006 OB TUNNEL RACE - 2nd ANNUAL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John I will gladly print and distribute, where can I find the flyer?

Ron

I may have to re-think my decission on making the TC! I want to run one of those Mod VP Boats!

And I gotta admit it will be fun kicking Gators tail ! :p

Gator at the Winter Nats your gonna get a preview of what I got for you :lol:

Now you are talking! We would like to see a repeat of that again. From what I was told today, some serious videotaping of the upcoming TC will occur so our fleeting memories of certain races will be officially documented for accuracy. The "fish stories" will go away! More info to follow soon.

The new TC website is under development and will be released within the next 1 - 2 weeks. More info than last year will be available.

Ron, how about you and Steve Hearl printing out the flyer and distribute at the winter nats for us next week if you would be so kind. I know a lot of potential tunnel racers for the TC will be there. I am sure the Atwell's can help "talk it up" to everyone as well.

Probably a good idea since I think the Mod VP's should be driven by Tunnel racers. Not that I wouldn't love a free ride. But I do think the Tunnel guys should be driving the boats.
Isn't it about time for you to become one of those "Tunnel guys"?

John I have the flyer and will build a group from the south,If Mark needs another ModVP driver put me in coach. Question for Gator340 DO FARTS REALLY HAVE LUMPS ????

Ron,

Flyer is attached at the very bottom to post # 1 on this thread. When you open it up, please fill one out for yourself and send it in. I am sure Steve you help next weekend with it if needed (kidding). Remember about the fees for you - year 2 of 2. You can rub in with him on that one.

Thanks guys and much appreciate the help. Interested in seeing Gator's response to Steve's question. You guys just rip us up! And that is the enjoyment in racing with you. FUN!!!

John I will gladly print and distribute, where can I find the flyer?

Ron

I may have to re-think my decission on making the TC! I want to run one of those Mod VP Boats!

And I gotta admit it will be fun kicking Gators tail ! :p

Gator at the Winter Nats your gonna get a preview of what I got for you :lol:

Now you are talking! We would like to see a repeat of that again. From what I was told today, some serious videotaping of the upcoming TC will occur so our fleeting memories of certain races will be officially documented for accuracy. The "fish stories" will go away! More info to follow soon.

The new TC website is under development and will be released within the next 1 - 2 weeks. More info than last year will be available.

Ron, how about you and Steve Hearl printing out the flyer and distribute at the winter nats for us next week if you would be so kind. I know a lot of potential tunnel racers for the TC will be there. I am sure the Atwell's can help "talk it up" to everyone as well.

John I have the flyer and will build a group from the south,If Mark needs another ModVP driver put me in coach. Question for Gator340 DO FARTS REALLY HAVE LUMPS ????

I honestly suspect that there will be a long line wanting to be a driver for this series. Not sure 12 boats would be enough. We intend on having a registration during open water on Friday for those interested to sign up. Blind draw for the racers first thing Sat am. Suspect that we will give a chance for those 6 to run the boats before racing starts for the weekend just before the drivers meeting. Equal chance for all. And there will be a surprise in store for someone. My lips are sealed and you all will have to wait to find out. I am just hoping that certain racer(s) will get the surprise.

Only when they are created by drinking MASS anounts of souther comfort :(

Hey Mr bird man we will see who's lickin tale at the winter nats. ;)

Calling John Brown

Mr Brown your and your sons presence is requested at the cmb Tunnel championships you where on the list last year but did not make it. Your raffle donation was GREATLY appreaciated but we would really like to have you and Shawn there this year. I want to teach Shawn how to drive that tunnel so he can beat the SR members of the Vans race team. HAAAAAAAAAA :p

ok scott,

the fish tank has been completed and now i am back to my boating woes. as of tonight i now own a htb-29 i won earilier today on flea-bay like steves but will be k&b powered instead of a mac. i have also started putting together my christmas present that my wife got me a dumas hawk 3.5 rigger.as of last year i started the saltwater aquarium with a small 20gallon tank now it has grow to one my bigger tanks that i already had set up. i kicked out the fish in it to make it salt also ,the change drain my wallet pretty good ,but iam very happy with it.as have kept fish most of my life and is one of only other hobbys besides r/c boat.i usually pick up my fish hobby when boating season is down.

allen

ok scott,

the fish tank has been completed and now i am back to my boating woes. as of tonight i now own a htb-29 i won earilier today on flea-bay like steves but will be k&b powered instead of a mac. i have also started putting together my christmas present that my wife got me a dumas hawk 3.5 rigger.as of last year i started the saltwater aquarium with a small 20gallon tank now it has grow to one my bigger tanks that i already had set up. i kicked out the fish in it to make it salt also ,the change drain my wallet pretty good ,but iam very happy with it.as have kept fish most of my life and is one of only other hobbys besides r/c boat.i usually pick up my fish hobby when boating season is down.

allen

Good deal. I expect to see you at the lake soon. Right? I assume you got the e mail with the schedule yesterday. Yes? The excuses are for the other sissies, not the CMB guys.

YES i have followed all the e-mails since dec. glad to see the club racing ser. is on sunday since i have to work most saturday nights.

allen

OK guys, we are now 2 months away from the OB Tunnel Championships. Now that the dust has settled for the Spring Nats in Atlanta in April and with the Winternats getting underway in Orlando on Friday, the TC is the next major race on the schedule.

With the incredible flood of interest at the Spring Nats, the tunnel classes are much thinner this year than past years. You have a golden opportunity for you tunnel racers to get the chance to race that you may not get in Atlanta. It is also a prime time to tune up for the upcoming IMPBA and NAMBA Internats against many of the same competitors.

We will be doing some research in the next 2 weeks regarding motels in the Walterboro area and hopefully the costs and reduced rates for you. Watch for the posting.

Revisit post #1 for the race flyer (very bottom of the page) and for more details. For the only time for the year, the tunnels have an tunnel only race, with an concours award, with offshore and enduro classes offered. In addition, fastest lap competiton for B and D tunnels are included as well. NO OTHER RACE YOU CAN GO TO CAN OFFER THIS. No limit on the number of entries! Enter now and preserve your frequencies for the race.

OK guys, we are now 2 months away from the OB Tunnel Championships. Now that the dust has settled for the Spring Nats in Atlanta in April and with the Winternats getting underway in Orlando on Friday, the TC is the next major race on the schedule.

Not to hijack your thread but a note on the Winter Nats.......Total entries are at 408 boats.

Spring Nats 225 limit? We only race one day more, maybe Atlanta needs to add a day so they could do 300 boats.

Well its off to the lake for 1 day of Open Water and 3 racing..............Ron

Last edited:
Good luck with the race guys! Kind of makes me wish I ran a tunnel!

Later,

Lamar

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

We've got the Tunnel Champs II page up. This year's race should be better! There will be some video clips from last year's race for those of you that missed it. There will also be a poll of the week.

Lamar!

Come over to it! I'm sure we can get you in a Mod-VP. :)

-Bobby

Latest posts

Back