Charleston Model Boaters Race in June

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was over 80 boats this past weekend. Should be a nice sized race. James will probably post an update when he gets everything finalized. The tunnel boys have been awful quiet considering the race is only a couple days away...

-Bobby

Scooter12195 said:
Any word on Boat Count for this race?
Scott

102953[/snapback]

BOBBYH said:
It was over 80 boats this past weekend. Should be a nice sized race. James will probably post an update when he gets everything finalized. The tunnel boys have been awful quiet considering the race is only a couple days away...

-Bobby

Scooter12195 said:
Scott

102953[/snapback]

103243[/snapback]

The count is about 80 boats. James is doing the heat sheets so he will have to give the exact number. We had some late entries that came in. John Brown and his son Shawn is coming to smoke us all. John is bringing his new 20 tunnel with him. The tunnel classes are heavy with entries. The gas entries are quite light. Very nice trophy plaques with district points to be had. Too bad that the attendance is not greater.

Remember, exit 62 on I-95. Lake is on the EASTERN side (northbound traffic lane) of the Interstate.

For those that have not chosen to come, watch for a major announcement of a new and different upcoming race in Sep. It will be announced at the race, flyers will be distributed, and a general announcement to all will be made next week. Nothing further will be said or announced now. If you were coming you would hear about it first hand.

The smack talk has been rather quiet I agree. The quiet will last for only 2 more days pending the arrival of the Jax Fun Bunch!

John Knight said:
For those that have not chosen to come, watch for a major announcement of a new and different upcoming race in Sep.  It will be announced at the race, flyers will be distributed, and a general announcement to all will be made next week.  Nothing further will be said or announced now.  If you were coming you would hear about it first hand.
103261[/snapback]

Sure wish I could be there. :(

I'll look forward to the September date, hopefully that one won't conflict with work. :angry:

Don Ferrette said:
John Knight said:
For those that have not chosen to come, watch for a major announcement of a new and different upcoming race in Sep.  It will be announced at the race, flyers will be distributed, and a general announcement to all will be made next week.  Nothing further will be said or announced now.  If you were coming you would hear about it first hand.
103261[/snapback]

Sure wish I could be there. :(

I'll look forward to the September date, hopefully that one won't conflict with work. :angry:

103358[/snapback]

Yep, I wish you and some of your local buds could be here as well. Hopefully next time.

Sep 24th & 25th to be exact for the dates. All the info I can release until the announcement.

John Knight said:
BOBBYH said:

-Bobby

Scooter12195 said:
Scott

102953[/snapback]

103243[/snapback]

The count is about 80 boats. James is doing the heat sheets so he will have to give the exact number. We had some late entries that came in. John Brown and his son Shawn is coming to smoke us all. John is bringing his new 20 tunnel with him. The tunnel classes are heavy with entries. The gas entries are quite light. Very nice trophy plaques with district points to be had. Too bad that the attendance is not greater.

Remember, exit 62 on I-95. Lake is on the EASTERN side (northbound traffic lane) of the Interstate.

For those that have not chosen to come, watch for a major announcement of a new and different upcoming race in Sep. It will be announced at the race, flyers will be distributed, and a general announcement to all will be made next week. Nothing further will be said or announced now. If you were coming you would hear about it first hand.

The smack talk has been rather quiet I agree. The quiet will last for only 2 more days pending the arrival of the Jax Fun Bunch!

103261[/snapback]

The Jax racers are all working like wild guys trying to get some more speed out of their boats is why they are so quite. That is what they need to be doing because the "Smack Busters" are coming.

We have decided to run a 15 year old stock 11cc O/B in the Open Tunnel Class against all the new bigblock piped outboards. LOL...it's true. She rides boys. Get ready to have some fun.

-Smack Busters,

Last edited by a moderator:
What no Shaman?

getting ready to head to the pond, will see yall in the next day or two.

~James

VansRacing said:
John Knight said:
BOBBYH said:

-Bobby

Scooter12195 said:
Scott

102953[/snapback]

103243[/snapback]

103261[/snapback]

The Jax racers are all working like wild guys trying to get some more speed out of their boats is why they are so quite. That is what they need to be doing because the "Smack Busters" are coming.

We have decided to run a 15 year old stock 11cc O/B in the Open Tunnel Class against all the new bigblock piped outboards. LOL...it's true. She rides boys. Get ready to have some fun.

-Smack Busters,

103434[/snapback]

YEA HAW!!!!

Aren't the rest of you not coming wishing you were? This is going to be fun. The Jax Fun Bunch and the Smack Busters both coming in. Especially with the new race announcement coming. Oh Boy! Will be worth paying admission to! I have told all that not only do we go by CMB but the real short name is FUN and lot's of it. Life is too short without it.

I got a sneak peek at the entry list and it will be fun! Looks like the nitro monos are starting to resurface around here and with five rounds of racing there will be plenty of action.

See you guys tomorrow!

-Bobby

I know one guy thats really looking forward to it. MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

My first time back racing after 20 years and I'm so excited I have a wet spot in my pants!!!

No wait. That's my drink I just spilled in my lap. :blink: :eek:

I am pretty excited though!!!!! :D

Looking forward to meeting you all this weekend!

Scott Norris

Scooter unless your boats are a good 15-20 MPH faster than Bobby's I suggest beating him to the start, cause he ain't gonna give up that inside lane once he gets it! :D Trust me on that one... I chased him for 8 full laps down in Ogeechee for a couple of heats and he doesn't give into "pressure"...

Man, I wish I could be there for this one... Sounds like it's gonna be a BLAST!!!

Later,

Lamar

Thanks Alot Lamar! There goes any chance I had at catching him napping in the first round! :lol: Wish you could be here this weekend, I guess we'll resume our battle in Sept. ;)

-Bobby

BOBBYH said:
Thanks Alot Lamar! There goes any chance I had at catching him napping in the first round! :lol:   Wish you could be here this weekend, I guess we'll resume our battle in Sept.  ;)
                                                        -Bobby

103465[/snapback]

You are quite welcome! :rolleyes:

Glad to see the increased interest in the Nitro mono classes... That's what I cut my teeth on 17 years ago so I still have a soft spot for em'...

Later,

Lamar

Lamar_Huff said:
Scooter unless your boats are a good 15-20 MPH faster than Bobby's I suggest beating him to the start, cause he ain't gonna give up that inside lane once he gets it!  :D   Trust me on that one...  I chased him for 8 full laps down in Ogeechee for a couple of heats and he doesn't give into "pressure"...
Man, I wish I could be there for this one...  Sounds like it's gonna be a BLAST!!!

Later,

Lamar

103464[/snapback]

I've already got that figured out Lamar. Bobby has these special glasses that he wears to keep from getting the exhaust in his contacts which causes his eyes to gum up and he can't see diddly squat. Sure hope he doesn't lay those glasses down and somebody "Accidentaly" pick them up. :eek:

Wish you could be there too Lamar. Maybe next time!

Scoot

BOBBYH said:
John/Gabe,        Did your club have t shirts made up like the AMB and ORCM did?

-Bobby

103497[/snapback]

We have to build up the treasury some to do that. We started totally from scratch this spring with zeros for funds. Maybe next race we can do some.

-Smack Busters,

103434[/snapback]

shhhh. It's just the quiet before the storm. You better check the radar because it's coming in 24 hours. Better tie down your boats because they're about to get blown away :lol: . A 15 year old big block, thats outdated technology ain't it.lol.

Looking forward to seeing everybody and Mr. Knight my dad said that he wants a welcoming party when we get there.lol.

~Mitch Jr.

hey scooter,

i'll try to wiggle the sun glasses out from under him saturday so you will have a good chance to beat him.lol see y'all tomorrow bright an earliy steve and i should bee rollin at or around 10:30 or so!

So that's what the TERMINATOR shades are for!!! B) Yep, it would be a shame if someone "Accidentaly" picked them up wouldn't it??? :D

Maybe we should try running fuel w/ a higher oil content too & run em' real rich in the pits so the smoke lingers through most of mill time. :rolleyes:

I know one thing, I predict a sweep for the yellow & white Microbursts in LSG Mono and LSG Open Mono! No doubt about it!

Good luck & have a blast guys!

Later,

Lamar

Latest posts

Back