Charleston Model Boaters Race in June

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB), Charleston, SC is pleased to announce the holding of our invitational race in June. It is called the South Carolina Championships and will be held on June 18 & 19 at our race site in Walterboro, SC.

There is a 150 boat limit that has been imposed. Do not wait or delay in entering as we fully expect it to be an early sellout like Atlanta's race this coming weekend. We will accept sign ups with payment at the race this weekend if desired. Entry deadline is 11 June.

We will be offering a novice class that can run 20/40 monos, tunnels or cats. No riggers are permitted in the novice class. All classes require a mimimum of 3 boats according to D 13 rules.

Flyer can be accessed in the following WORD document.

CORRECTION ON THE ROAD NUMBER. THE CORRECT ROAD NUMBER IS 34 AND NOT 32 AS NOTED ON THE RACE FLYER. EXIT 62 IN I-95 IS STILL CORRECT.

CMB_June_High_Points_Entry_Form.doc

Last edited by a moderator:
Racers outside of District 13 that were planning on going to the Oct race may want to plan on attending this race instead. The lake we were planning on having the Columbus Day Regatta at this year was unable to meet our needs, we do not have access to another lake and at this time that race is cancelled. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

The SC Champs will be a good race and the lake is right off of I95. The lake owner wants us there and is doing what he can to help accomodate us. Like John said, enter early. This race will fill up fast with the good location combined with the success of their GP race in March.

-Bobby

John Finch said:
John,Sorry I can't make it.  My niece is getting married that weekend and I am the family photographer.

98163[/snapback]

John

I understand and I know you would come if available. You will be missed. Push to get the others to come if they possibly can.

John

Reminder, this race in the greater Charleston, SC area, is the next scheduled high points (all nitro and gas classes) race in District 13 and the surrounding geographic area. We have already received a number of entries and commitments. There is a 150 boat limit for the race so do not delay in getting yours in. There is a 6 boat limit per heat so the race should move quickly.

The lake is an excellent shaded facility located at SC exit 62 in I-95 between Walterboro and St George SC. Motels are located at both areas with St George being about $10.00 cheaper but they have very limited restaurants there.

As presently scheduled, this is the only high points race in South Carolina this year. Make your plans accordingly and come join the fun. Entry form is attached to the first posting.

Its getting closer and closer to race day. This may be alot of you guys last chance to race/practice before heading to the internats. Dont delay, get those entrys in to me ASAP.

Attention Tunnel Boat Racers, this is THE premier tunnel boat pond in the southeast, the water doesnt get any better than this folks. If you think youve got the GOODS bring it to the C.M.B. South Carolina State Championships and see how tunnels are supposed to be raced.

In attendance will be Mitch "mouth of the south" Atwell, Toni "with an "I" Atwell, and there hired gun Mitchell "future youngest US1 champion" Atwell Jr. Of course Team OvalExpress Racing, Myself, Don & Trey Gilbert will be in the house. Kevin Lee of Lee Racing, Possibly Jimmy Eddleman and Team Clorox(where the heck IS Jimmy???), David Ashemore, Lapps crew and the list goes on.....

This aint about who can finish all five rounds.... oh no, this is about duking it out turn after turn, lap after lap, heat after heat to see who the Big Dog really is. Dont wait till Monday to see what happened, get out here and see for yourself. Tunnels Rock!!!!

The printable race flyer is located at the top of this thread for your convienence, or it is also available (along with current district points) at www.rcmodelboaters.com Pleanty of SHADED pit parking is available, with camper hookups on one end of the pond. Nice flat pit area, close to the water, raffle prizes and a 50/50 drawing will also be held. Any Questions? Feel free to post them here or email me direct [email protected]

Thanks!! ~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Scooter12195 said:
I've been out of racing for a year or 20. Whats a 50/50 drawing?
Scott Norris

100762[/snapback]

Scott,

It is a raffle. Tickets are sold and one ticket is pulled. The winner gets 50% of the money collected and the club gets the other 50%, hence a 50/50 raffle.

Who of you are coming from out of town and if you are, are you camping or getting a room? If you are getting a room, what motel? If I'm going to have to stay in a motel I'd rather be close to fellow Nitro sniffers.

Thanks,

Scott Norris

Charlotte, NC

as james said the lapps crew will be there in full force, to show the world what the south eastern tunnel racers can do.i agree with james we have some of the best out there so if racers from out of town can make it come on. the pond is is great track and will be even better in the near future once the island is gone.as james stated we are are ready!!!!

allen

james you should have entry by monday.

Allen, dont miss this one, its too close to your house not to come, expected to see you in Savannah, but i guess you had other plans? See ya in a few weeks.

~James

James,

Do you guys recommend a hotel or do you know which one the guys that went to the GP race broke in for us?

There should be 4-6 guys from here coming over to either race or watch.

-Bobby

Bobby, Since we stayed at the pond at the last race, im really not sure who stayed where? Hopefully some of the guys can come on here and recomend a good place, most all of the hotels on the two exits south of there seem comparable.

~James

JAMES I WAS GOING TO BE THERE IN SAVANNHA ,BUT MY WIFE HAD SHOULDER SURGY THE SAME WEEK SO I COULDN'T MAKE IT YES I WANTED SO BADLY TO BE THEIR ,BUT HAD TO TAKE CARE OF THE WIFE INSTEAD.

ALLEN

aamick1971 said:
JAMES I WAS GOING TO BE THERE IN SAVANNHA ,BUT MY WIFE HAD SHOULDER SURGY THE SAME WEEK SO I COULDN'T MAKE IT YES I WANTED SO BADLY TO BE THEIR ,BUT HAD TO TAKE CARE OF THE WIFE INSTEAD.  ALLEN

100845[/snapback]

thats right, I remember Bobby saying that now. see ya in a few

~James

topfuel443 said:
Its getting closer and closer to race day. This may be alot of you guys last chance to race/practice before heading to the internats. Dont delay, get those entrys in to me ASAP.

Attention Tunnel Boat Racers, this is THE premier tunnel boat pond in the southeast, the water doesnt get any better than this folks. If you think youve got the GOODS bring it to the C.M.B. South Carolina State Championships and see how tunnels are supposed to be raced.

In attendance will be Mitch "mouth of the south" Atwell, Toni "with an "I" Atwell, and there hired gun Mitchell "future youngest US1 champion" Atwell Jr. Of course Team OvalExpress Racing, Myself, Don & Trey Gilbert will be in the house. Kevin Lee of Lee Racing, Possibly Jimmy Eddleman and Team Clorox(where the heck IS Jimmy???), David Ashemore, Lapps crew and the list goes on.....

This aint about who can finish all five rounds.... oh no, this is about duking it out turn after turn, lap after lap, heat after heat to see who the Big Dog really is. Dont wait till Monday to see what happened, get out here and see for yourself. Tunnels Rock!!!!

The printable race flyer is located at the top of this thread for your convienence, or it is also available (along with current district points) at www.rcmodelboaters.com Pleanty of SHADED pit parking is available, with camper hookups on one end of the pond. Nice flat pit area, close to the water, raffle prizes and a 50/50 drawing will also be held. Any Questions? Feel free to post them here or email me direct [email protected]

Thanks!! ~James

100719[/snapback]

Well said James, anyone who thinks they're anybody in tunnels come on down to CMB race in South Carolina. Jimmy E. come on out of hiding and slap a winshield on your boat so the driver can see and come racing. Kevin Lee my dad said he'll take it easy on you this time and run my 20 boat in the open class this time so that he can have a little competition. Like James said, for all of you who are going to the Internats, this will be a great time to test and tune and make sure you got your stuff ready. This race will be some of the best tunnel boat racing this year so don't miss out and get your entries in. See ya in Charleston :D .

Mitch Jr.

I do believe the tunnel boys will be going at it at this race! With this being the halfway point of the Highpoint series things should really start heating up.

With all the 20 tunnel's around and the CMB's good location, maybe a one day 20 tunnel shootout race should be put together?? ;)

-Bobby

jaxracer said:
topfuel443 said:

Thanks!! ~James

100719[/snapback]

Well said James, anyone who thinks they're anybody in tunnels come on down to CMB race in South Carolina. Jimmy E. come on out of hiding and slap a winshield on your boat so the driver can see and come racing. Kevin Lee my dad said he'll take it easy on you this time and run my 20 boat in the open class this time so that he can have a little competition. Like James said, for all of you who are going to the Internats, this will be a great time to test and tune and make sure you got your stuff ready. This race will be some of the best tunnel boat racing this year so don't miss out and get your entries in. See ya in Charleston :D .

Mitch Jr.

100864[/snapback]

Tunnel Shootout....... I LIKE IT!!!!

will have to see what we can put together, that would be FUN.

~James

bobby you the man!!!!! i agree you know what south carolina has to offer for tunnel boat racing you have seen some fast tunnels in this state.A tunnel boat shoot out would be big!!!!!i would enter being i finnally have a boat that can handle my power plant. well i think i've said enough i'll hush before i get myself in trouble.

allen

Latest posts

Back