Charleston Model Boaters Race in June

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaxracer said:
topfuel443 said:
Its getting closer and closer to race day. This may be alot of you guys last chance to race/practice before heading to the internats. Dont delay, get those entrys in to me ASAP.

Attention Tunnel Boat Racers, this is THE premier tunnel boat pond in the southeast, the water doesnt get any better than this folks. If you think youve got the GOODS bring it to the C.M.B. South Carolina State Championships and see how tunnels are supposed to be raced.

In attendance will be Mitch "mouth of the south" Atwell, Toni "with an "I" Atwell, and there hired gun Mitchell "future youngest US1 champion" Atwell Jr. Of course Team OvalExpress Racing, Myself, Don & Trey Gilbert will be in the house. Kevin Lee of Lee Racing, Possibly Jimmy Eddleman and Team Clorox(where the heck IS Jimmy???), David Ashemore, Lapps crew and the list goes on.....

This aint about who can finish all five rounds.... oh no, this is about duking it out turn after turn, lap after lap, heat after heat to see who the Big Dog really is. Dont wait till Monday to see what happened, get out here and see for yourself. Tunnels Rock!!!!

The printable race flyer is located at the top of this thread for your convienence, or it is also available (along with current district points) at www.rcmodelboaters.com Pleanty of SHADED pit parking is available, with camper hookups on one end of the pond. Nice flat pit area, close to the water, raffle prizes and a 50/50 drawing will also be held. Any Questions? Feel free to post them here or email me direct [email protected]

Thanks!! ~James

100719[/snapback]

Well said James, anyone who thinks they're anybody in tunnels come on down to CMB race in South Carolina. Jimmy E. come on out of hiding and slap a winshield on your boat so the driver can see and come racing. Kevin Lee my dad said he'll take it easy on you this time and run my 20 boat in the open class this time so that he can have a little competition. Like James said, for all of you who are going to the Internats, this will be a great time to test and tune and make sure you got your stuff ready. This race will be some of the best tunnel boat racing this year so don't miss out and get your entries in. See ya in Charleston :D .

Mitch Jr.

100864[/snapback]

Well we have another candidate for the smack talking award. Since "DAD" won it 2 weeks ago, Jr. is submitting his own reason to vote for him. Reminds me of Dale and Dale Jr!

Time is getting short so get your entries in now. We have made some site changes, enlarged the course and increased the room on the front straights. A new launch dock is going in next weekend as well. Racers wil be pleased with the improvements. Classes not filled with a mimimum of 3 entries by the deadline will be cancelled. Don't be late and risk a cancelled class. Last major tune up in the region before the internats.

I want to see some of the ODMBA guys come on down and support our race like we have yours in past years. Every single club member for us came to your race last year. So far not one of you have entered. Same thing for the SOWEGA gang. It is a two way street gang.

:huh: handle your power plant....? :blink:

~James

Bring that little Villain on down here Allen, we'll show you how to drive it... :D

topfuel443 said:
:huh: handle your power plant....?  :blink:
~James

Bring that little Villain on down here Allen, we'll show you how to drive it...  :D

100879[/snapback]

In the roostertails coming from the boats in front of you!!!

We are so busy at work right now I don't know when I will get to another race. Guess I will just have to call in sick. ("Hey Mark, whats that noise in the background?") But that is ok. I am meeting with someone this week who has a myriad of resources and...has a new interest....RC tunnel boats. So the good news is that we can expect to see even more tunnel racers in the future here in D 13!!

A tunnel shootout? When, where, we will be there!! :D

BLOCKER FOR HIRE !!!! :) :lol:

I think this is going to be a good one !!! Home track !!! and everyones bringing the " POSSE " with them ....

Butch B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, while I'm thinking about it, I heard that there are some M&Ms up in Alabama that race boats and like to pick on little kids. I heard that they might be some competition and was wondering if I would have the privilage of racing against them. Maybe they can come to Charleston and show us what they've got and watch a real tunnel boat race.

~Mitch Jr.~

(P.S. My dad says that they race in dresses too and I was wondering if that was true)

jaxracer said:
Oh yeah, while I'm thinking about it, I heard that there are some M&Ms up in Alabama that race boats and like to pick on little kids. I heard that they might be some competition and was wondering if I would have the privilage of racing against them. Maybe they can come to Charleston and show us what they've got and watch a real tunnel boat race.
~Mitch Jr.~

(P.S. My dad says that they race in dresses too and I was wondering if that was true)

100935[/snapback]

lol......

:D

~James

Mitch, youre running that lynx in 20 hydro too right??

:ph34r:

topfuel443 said:
jaxracer said:
~Mitch Jr.~

100935[/snapback]

lol......

~James

100974[/snapback]

Let's not start with that again! Close the book on that dark weekend.

topfuel443 said:
jaxracer said:
~Mitch Jr.~

100935[/snapback]

lol......

~James

100974[/snapback]

Oh yeah, wouldn't miss the chance. I heard how much fun you had in Savannah and I want a piece of the action. While I'm at it, I might enter in 40 hydro too. :p

topfuel443 said:
jaxracer said:
~Mitch Jr.~

100935[/snapback]

lol......

~James

100974[/snapback]

James,

Do you have the long track set out or the short track? Some of the guys from our club are at the Huntsville site this weekend. I understand that Mark's HTB boys are there, John Brown is said to be running his new Mac powered Lynx, Tim And Josh from PBR is there, The M&M boys and a few others. Should be interesting.

I will ask if they can make the S.C. race. I am sure that if they get their little pink dresses out of the dry cleaners in time, they will come over there and feed you guys some rostertail sandwiches followed by a cool refreshing drink of propwash for lunch.

LOL JUST KIDDING!

I'll check and see if we can make that race! Sounds like FUN!

-Carl

VansRacing said:
topfuel443 said:
jaxracer said:
~Mitch Jr.~

100935[/snapback]

lol......

~James

100974[/snapback]

James,

Do you have the long track set out or the short track? Some of the guys from our club are at the Huntsville site this weekend. I understand that Mark's boys are there, John Brown is said to be running his new Mac powered Lynx, PBR is there and a few others. Should be interesting.

I will ask if they can make the S.C. race. I am sure that if they get their little pink dresses out of the dry cleaners in time, they will come over there and feed you guys some rostertail sandwiches followed by a cool refreshing drink of propwash for lunch.

LOL JUST KIDDING!

I'll check and see if we can make that race! Sounds like FUN!

-Carl

101061[/snapback]

Hey James, I didn't know that you were offering a powderpuff class .lol. My dad said that he's bringing an extra order of hind tit. :blink: What ever that is. He said you would know.

Mitch, Mitch...

You are something else.

I will let you guys know what we can do from our end.

-Carl,

VansRacing said:
Mitch, Mitch...
You are something else.

I will let you guys know what we can do from our end.

-Carl,

101063[/snapback]

Well ya'll come on down. It would be great seeing everybody.

Carl,

James is out of town this weekend. The course is an 8 lap one but there is still plenty of room. We have a peninsula that needs to be removed and once that is done we will have enough room for a full size 6 lap course. The lake is well protected from the wind, is a great tunnel lake and is well shaded for the tents and canopies. The racing conditions are excellent with clear and fast water. We plan on having heats with no more than 6 boats in them so the lake will not be crowded at all. No one will go away disappointed with the race or the site.

John

Carl, thanks for trying to get those guys to come down our way! would be cool to have them here, but If they arent fond of smack talking, they may be overwhelmed! Our district is full of "Atwell types" :D Its gonna be ON in the tunnel classes, come on down and get ya some!

P.S., Carl, I got your PM, and replied.

Thanks~ James

Powderpuff class......I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

topfuel443 said:
Carl, thanks for trying to get those guys to come down our way! would be cool to have them here, but If they arent fond of smack talking, they may be overwhelmed! Our district is full of "Atwell types"  :D   Its gonna be ON in the tunnel classes, come on down and get ya some!

Thanks~ James

101131[/snapback]

"Atwell types". What's that supposed to mean :huh:

jaxracer said:
topfuel443 said:
Carl, thanks for trying to get those guys to come down our way! would be cool to have them here, but If they arent fond of smack talking, they may be overwhelmed! Our district is full of "Atwell types"  :D   Its gonna be ON in the tunnel classes, come on down and get ya some!

Thanks~ James

101131[/snapback]

"Atwell types". What's that supposed to mean :huh:

101228[/snapback]

Do you "really" have to ask that question? If you do, just think about the leading candidates for the smack talking awards! The answer will be on the end of your nose.

Its not nesccesarily aimed at you, young Atwell, but more toward your father and his little brother, Ton"I". I know that you have the smack talking gene buried somewhere in you, but it has not yet officially surfaced and reached its full maturity like your older mentors..... Unless you prove otherwise in a few weeks that is...

The future weather forcast of the race weekend is hot and sunny, but if for some reason the weather should turn south, dont worry, Team OvalExpress Racing will be bringing all the HEAT you need.... (and if that doesnt work, be it as it may, the Hot Air bellowing out of the Atwells mouths will be more than enough to suffice)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

~James

P.S. got all of your entries and thanks for the pipe!

topfuel443 said:
Its not nesccesarily aimed at you, young Atwell, but more toward your father and his little brother, Ton"I". I know that you have the smack talking gene buried somewhere in you, but it has not yet officially surfaced and reached its full maturity like your older mentors..... Unless you prove otherwise in a few weeks that is...
The future weather forcast of the race weekend is hot and sunny, but if for some reason the weather should turn south, dont worry, Team OvalExpress Racing will be bringing all the HEAT you need.... (and if that doesnt work, be it as it may, the Hot Air bellowing out of the Atwells mouths will be more than enough to suffice)

:eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:  

~James

P.S. got all of your entries and thanks for the pipe!

101267[/snapback]

Oh yeah I forgot, my dad said that Team Oval Express is the defending powderpuff class champion. Ladies beware. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back