Charleston Model Boaters Race in June

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JaxRacer,

I made some calls tonight...sounds like you are going to get your wish. I found a couple of guys that want to come see what all the fuss is about over there in Charleston.

-Carl,

you the man Carl.... now, are we going to be honored with your graces as well?

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL...

I don't know about that. I am going to lite up a 3.5 Mod Lynx over there and see if I can still drive these days :) . You may wish that I had stayed home...I will have fun no matter how I place.

Mike Talley came over to my shop last week crying about needing a new Lynx to replace his old wooden X-3 and so I pulled my Nove Rossi off my personal boat and let him take it to Huntsville this past weekend and he ran it in the stock class.

Now I have to build myself another boat because he said that one was his now.

I am looking forward to getting over there and seeing everybody.

-Carl,

Last edited by a moderator:
VansRacing said:
JaxRacer,
I made some calls tonight...sounds like you are going to get your wish. I found a couple of guys that want to come see what all the fuss is about over there in Charleston.

-Carl,

101336[/snapback]

That's great. This race ought to be a blast. There should be about 8 or 9 lynx in the show. Can't wait. See you soon.

~Mitch Jr.

Thanks Carl! We look forward to you coming over here. Hopefully some our guys will return the favor later in the year and get over to one of your races.

James, you should be getting a couple/few more tunnel entries from David and Charles. You guys may have a serious battle between the tunnel manufacturers over there!

-Bobby

VansRacing said:
JaxRacer,

-Carl,

101336[/snapback]

I'm looking forward to watching a great Tunnel Battle too but, I would get a charge out of some of you breaking out your D Monos so I can get my new Ducer out of the truck and see if it will compete.

Oh I'm sorry, What I meant to say is, Ya'll bring out your 40 Monos so I can Show you the back side of my new Ducer, if you can get close enough!

Ahem..............well it worked for the Tunnel guys.

:)

Scott Norris

Charlotte, NC

ATTENTION TO ALL RACERS ATTENDING THE CMB RACE.

There is a misprint on the race flyer regarding the directions. The exit number is noted as exit 62 off I-95. That is correct. However, the road number is not. It is Road 34 and not Road 32 as noted on the flyer. If you use exit 62 you will be finet. I will try and post a correction to my initial post.

The entries are coming in at a faster pace. Please do not delay in getting yours in. The deadline is June 11, about 10 days away. We have a 150 boat limit so don't wait. If you come to the race you will be among the first to hear an announcement for a very special upcoming race. If you don't you will have to wait until the race is over to hear about it.

John

John,

Let me know if you need another D mono to make the class and I'll try and put something together for Scott to beat up on ;) . I'd hate for him to not be able to run one of his boats in his first race back because of a lack of boats.

-Bobby

right now Bobby, we will need an extra 40 mono to have the class.... but that may change as the entries come in during the week.

~James

Come on Mono guys knock the dust off the old boats and bring em down for a good time in walterboro....

topfuel443 said:
right now Bobby, we will need an extra 40 mono to have the class.... but that may change as the entries come in during the week.
~James

Come on Mono guys knock the dust off the old boats and bring em down for a good time in walterboro....

101525[/snapback]

if there isn't enough monos to make a class i'm sure we could enter a couple of tunnels in there ;) . we could have a tunnel sweep hydro, tunnel, and mono.lol.

~Mitch Jr.

jaxracer said:
topfuel443 said:
~James

101525[/snapback]

if there isn't enough monos to make a class i'm sure we could enter a couple of tunnels in there ;) . we could have a tunnel sweep hydro, tunnel, and mono.lol.

~Mitch Jr.

101537[/snapback]

I had a feeling that was coming. Jr is really wanting that Smack Award huh.

:blink: :lol:

jaxracer said:
topfuel443 said:
~James

101525[/snapback]

~Mitch Jr.

101537[/snapback]

Mitch Jr, young man, etc.,

You may not put a tunnel into a mono class no matter who you think you can beat. You may enter a 20 mono in the 40 mono class. Do you have one of those? Let's see if you can back up the talk with a mono instead of a tunnel.

If you want to enter a 20 tunnel in the 20 hydro class be my guest. It is still a hydro no matter how you cut it. The more the merrier as I say. I have done that before. Ryan's 20 rigger will smoke you all day and weekend long.

i run all the time with mono's on the pond that nothing new to me.bob and bobby halliday they run with us at our local pond. so tunnel against mono is no big deal i am use to it.their again thats all we run at our pond 20 mono 20 tunnel and a few others from time to time.

allen

I think John may be refering to the hull classifcation portion of the rule book....saying that tunnels cant run in the same class as monos due to hull classfication differences.....

On a different note, Im definatly entering my tunnel in 20 hydro now, gonna be fun taking that district plaque from you and Ryan with a tunnel boat.... :blink:

~James

topfuel443 said:
I think John may be refering to the hull classifcation portion of the rule book....saying that tunnels cant run in the same class as monos due to hull classfication differences.....
On a different note, Im definatly entering my tunnel in 20 hydro now, gonna be fun taking that district plaque from you and Ryan with a tunnel boat....  :blink:

~James

101570[/snapback]

Well you just may have to CD another class or draft a sub CD for that class. If you think I/we will turn that district award over to you easily you are very mistaken! Remember Ryan is the reigning district champ and I had it the previous 3 years. Get ready to get smoked.

Allen,

I am referring to exactly what Gabe stated. Playing at home on the pond is one thing but running at a sanctioned race is quite another. There are hull distinctions in the rule book we must follow. That keeps things on a level playing field for the racers and the classes.

John Knight said:
jaxracer said:
topfuel443 said:
~James

101525[/snapback]

~Mitch Jr.

101537[/snapback]

Mitch Jr, young man, etc.,

You may not put a tunnel into a mono class no matter who you think you can beat. You may enter a 20 mono in the 40 mono class. Do you have one of those? Let's see if you can back up the talk with a mono instead of a tunnel.

If you want to enter a 20 tunnel in the 20 hydro class be my guest. It is still a hydro no matter how you cut it. The more the merrier as I say. I have done that before. Ryan's 20 rigger will smoke you all day and weekend long.

101560[/snapback]

Hey James I might just do that. So Mr. Knight does that mean that your running Ryan's 20 hydro? That might be a good idea since I heard that yours didn't do so well at the last race :p .lol. Just messing w/you Mr. Knight.

~Mitch Jr.

You heard right and I'll admit it. I have tried to get that new boat and engine going well and I have not hit it yet. Not even close. I might have to use my old one boat which still runs well. Ryan will be smoking us all with his and he plans on running it. But I will be trying again this weekend to get it going. I just hope that it will not be too painful.

Looking forward to all of you coming up especially after missing our GP race. Very good facility and you will like the racing!

Ryan has missed the first two races and you might as well had... gonna take alot firsts to make up all that gap :D :D :D :D

If a $100.00 wooden tunnel boat coupled with an 18 year old motor win the District 13 B Hydro class, you can GUARANTEE you AND Ryan will NOT live that one down...

Go ahead and get our trophy guy to engrave "James Clegg" on that smack talking award Mr Knight....

:D ~James

OOOOONNNOO !!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be a " SMACK DOWN, BOY'S "

Butch :p

Latest posts

Back