Charleston Model Boaters, 2007 National Outboard Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I got the Idea from the Wide Boys ;-)
But I got a couple extra to help you yanks out ;-) Geeze its not just about the racing, its how you do it LOL
That's what my wife says about sex............................................... or maybe it was "How long you do it" :blink: :eek:

Herb Stewart just called me and is entering the race with 6 classes, including a FE tunnel he is quickly throwing together. We should top 150 entries. There are 2 weeks left to enter from today. Don't be left out from the biggest tunnel race in history!

Good ole Herb... Glad to see he is coming.

If he brings that huge motorhome, someone please help him back that thing up! :ph34r:

~James

Anyone who was at this race last year could see the growth of this event. Now it is without question going to be the biggest and best tunnel race in history. Improved Mod-VP hulls, the latest FE outboards, the latest Gas outboards and a whos who list of entries bringing their hottest Nitro irons. This one will be talked about for a LONG time after it is over and the only thing that will top it is the 2008 event. Don't miss this one. Also there will be good food, cool awards and really nice raffle prizes. Racers from all across the U.S. and I think Five countries now. It's getting close!

The travel arrangements have been made:

American Airlines - Sea/Tac to Chicago - Chicago to Champaign

Zaborowski Express Delivery - Champaign to South Carolina

Boxing up the TS and WOF 7.5 this week and will be shipping them to Champaign.

Hard to belive I'll be on my way two weeks from tomorrow.

JD

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunny,

We are ready to go to see the Disney gang. I will by the tickets to Disney world and you can ride the rides.. wait.... that did not come out right...

Anyway look for the big blue short bus with a long hair on one side and a baldie on the other..

Last year before the race we had open water.. not so this year so far... I have two new boats and no time on them.. not looking good for me is it.. o well.. it will be good to have dunny riding shot gun (that did not come out right again did it…..dangit......) and seeing all the tunnel nuts from around the world..

humm.. the Tunnel Hull WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.. that has a nice ring...

Hea.. Mike Crowfoot, Crawfoot, Crawdaddy or what ever the heck your name is.. Bring that new northern pit ***** with ya we will see you at the race.. O yea.. bring a boat or two as well.. Might want to get some heat in those motors cuz your old buddy Grim is going to lay waist to your cold Wisconsin a$$... :blink: :ph34r: :lol:

LETS RACE

Grimracer

Dunny,
We are ready to go to see the Disney gang. I will by the tickets to Disney world and you can ride the rides.. wait.... that did not come out right...

Anyway look for the big blue short bus with a long hair on one side and a baldie on the other..

Last year before the race we had open water.. not so this year so far... I have two new boats and no time on them.. not looking good for me is it.. o well.. it will be good to have dunny riding shot gun (that did not come out right again did it…..dangit......) and seeing all the tunnel nuts from around the world..

humm.. the Tunnel Hull WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.. that has a nice ring...

Hea.. Mike Crowfoot, Crawfoot, Crawdaddy or what ever the heck your name is.. Bring that new northern pit ***** with ya we will see you at the race.. O yea.. bring a boat or two as well.. Might want to get some heat in those motors cuz your old buddy Grim is going to lay waist to your cold Wisconsin a$$... :blink: :ph34r: :lol:

LETS RACE

Grimracer
HHHmm Grim and Dunny crossing through INDIANA, I will get the STATE POLICE to look out for them. Didnt you guys star in a movie Dun and Dunnier something like that. Have a ball guys and save room in the van for some hardware on the ride home Mikey

Grim

Glad you are coming too.

New boats new bus, new partner, What no new look????????

Please make sure that you have your ski equipment with you this time.. you'll never know if you needed.

If there is no open water, well at least you can come down and TRY do some SMACK talking

( drive carefully)

Ronald.

There is open water ALL DAY friday. Come on Mike, someone with your skills, you should be able to have both boats tuned and ready to rock by 10am Friday. You should be kicked back drinking a Corona with your feet up, laughing at everyone else doing the mad dash to get ready by no later than lunchtime. Settin up tunnel boats is easy afterall right? ....lol

~James "Im in the same boat as Mike, except I have twice as many boats" Clegg

We have our first Canadian racing brother coming to the race now. Mike Locke of Ontario is hooking up with Mark Scott and are coming together as a team. Will be great to have him join us too!

We still have over a week to go before the deadline of March 15th comes. All you latecomers and fence riders get yourself lined up and entered before the deadline.Please make your motel reservations asap at the Ramada Inn. The first floor rooms are going fast and if you wait much longer you will not get one.

An excellent dinner at the lake on Saturday evening will be offered at cost (approx $7.00) after the racing has completed for the day. It is called a low country boil and consists of sausage, shrimp, corn on the cob and whole potatoes all cooked with a special seasoning. Legend has it that this started in Beaufort SC and was called the Beaufort Stew and goes by many names, including frogmore stew.

Such crying about the lack of test time. I see excuses being offered weeks before the race happens.

Final note. Not to tease anyone or test the weather gods but it is 66 here today and will be 71 tomorrow. Right nice with plenty of test time and opportunity too!! Jealous yet?

Thanks for the kind words John, looking forward to meeting everyone.....safe travels,

talk soon....Mike

We have our first Canadian racing brother coming to the race now. Mike Locke of Ontario is hooking up with Mark Scott and are coming together as a team. Will be great to have him join us too!
We still have over a week to go before the deadline of March 15th comes. All you latecomers and fence riders get yourself lined up and entered before the deadline.Please make your motel reservations asap at the Ramada Inn. The first floor rooms are going fast and if you wait much longer you will not get one.

An excellent dinner at the lake on Saturday evening will be offered at cost (approx $7.00) after the racing has completed for the day. It is called a low country boil and consists of sausage, shrimp, corn on the cob and whole potatoes all cooked with a special seasoning. Legend has it that this started in Beaufort SC and was called the Beaufort Stew and goes by many names, including frogmore stew.

Such crying about the lack of test time. I see excuses being offered weeks before the race happens.

Final note. Not to tease anyone or test the weather gods but it is 66 here today and will be 71 tomorrow. Right nice with plenty of test time and opportunity too!! Jealous yet?

Hey Grim,

Mike C. told me to let you know that if you keep talking too much smack his direction, he'll just go over and pick up Kate so she can come woop on you some more..... Sounded to me like that must be a normal occurance or something when you and she race....

As for the new northern pit *****..... I may be new to boat racing and yes I am from the great northern cheeseland, but pit *****??? I think not! I do hope that my flying and driving experience will bring me in to the mix a bit faster than others.

I know that being a flat lander you can get easily confused ..... oh but wait.....your just a transplanted flatlander.... not sure if that works in your favor or not......

he he, I sure can't wait to get down there and meet everyone.

As for no practice.... your not as bad off as I am. I have 4 new boats, none of which have EVER run and I personally drove one of Mikes boats ONCE last year.... talk about needing some open water time. The water is WAY to hard up here in cheeseland with no warmth in site.

Bill

Hey Grim -

Mike C. just stopped in and wanted me to let you know that you might try throwing your electric blanket on the pond to see if the water will soften up so you can get some setup time in. :rolleyes:

HA!

Bill

Bill,

Your right about Kate.. she can and do drive a boat..

Ha ha heating blanket.. Doesent Mike have a dinosaur at home that needs dinner or something? Old is old but comeon...

See ya soon

Grim

Well as past smack champion I must say you guys just flat out suck at talking trash. I mean Poole had a squirt of energy there for a while but like all the other want to be blew his load quickly. The yanks from up north I under stand they have no idea what smack is they think that is the sound they hear when they bust their old fat asses on the ice up there. Where is the alabama bunch of little ducklings I hear rumer they are coming but no names show on the list You know guys I was a little nerves when I heard Mark Hopper was coming too but then I thaught hell it will be like a Greatful I am not dead concert an old timers reniun/ first time greet and meet I mean hell Otto Hopper Dunlap Crawford Stewart they all get the senior discount at the motel from hell. That a little inside joke for the hippy LOL I mean we got guys coming from a long way away to get out run by what is truley the best of the best racers {Not smack talkers } I mean dam Austrelia now that along way to come for a drivers leason and do not let me forget our Nether Nether land buddy that likes to show his ass at 65 MPH by the way Ronald I hope you washed since the last time you where here you had a little brown action going on there. Where the the hell is hearle oh yeah thats write he has been in pit ***** training yaw know he is Otto's new right and left hand guy now. Hell my fingers are getting tired I will have to finish this ***** sesion later.

Till then all of you remember that you all suck

As with a lot of things....the ones that talk usually finish at the back of the pack. It's the ones that are quite, laying back that do their talking on the lake that you have to watch out for! How's that for a little smack!

HUM!!!

Mark

Back