Bullard 67 SST Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
really cool boat stand. What material are you using for the end plates? Looks like carbon fibre over sandwiched core material?
David, it's 1" Divinicell inbetween .032" carbon sheet. The raw material all came from Dragonplate.com including the carbon tube with glue in aluminum ends. I created an acrylic router template to use a trim bit and cut out the stand profile. It's way to expensive for normal use, but I built this stand specifically for air travel to German SAW events. The stand breaks down easily and is very light. Also fit's nicely in the golf case for air travel.

Hey Don,
This one is getting rear sponsons put on initially, but they will only be sticky taped on so if we decide to drop the training wheels it's easy to do.
Dropping the single ski off my TT boat was the secret to running 95mph on the straights and getting the boat to make four consistent turns without flying off. Now I just need to get within 10' of the buoys and we will be chasing 15's in no time.

So you ran the SAW boat with nothing on the back?

You'd think the ski would tend to KEEP the nose down, no?

Terry,
When I ran nitro SAW I did have a single ski, only to be able to pull big props off the beach!
I have since found that the conventional ski can be modified to work and not cause any unnecessary drag.
Almost the same as no ski at all, no drag,=faster speed!

David, it's 1" Divinicell inbetween .032" carbon sheet. The raw material all came from Dragonplate.com including the carbon tube with glue in aluminum ends. I created an acrylic router template to use a trim bit and cut out the stand profile. It's way to expensive for normal use, but I built this stand specifically for air travel to German SAW events. The stand breaks down easily and is very light. Also fit's nicely in the golf case for air travel.
excellent, thanks!

Terry,
By splitting the ski in two and raising it above the strut 1/8 - 1/4”, depending on the tail weight allows for easy launching with big props,and little to no drag! Try it out, you may like it!

John, Is there a # on the tape that you are using? I see a quite a few options out there.
Thanks,
Chris

Chris, the number I use is 4910, I don’t buy the foam, only clear that I think has a polyurethane core. I’ve seen the foam separate on a ski boat.
Oh the stuff is a ***** to get off. On rear sponsons I use braded nylon fishing line with rings on the ends a kinda saw through it.
John

Chris, the number I use is 4910, I don’t buy the foam, only clear that I think has a polyurethane core. I’ve seen the foam separate on a ski boat.
Oh the stuff is a ***** to get off. On rear sponsons I use braded nylon fishing line with rings on the ends a kinda saw through it.
John
If you wax it very well it makes the removal job a lot easier on the fingers.

Getting the residue off is a pain in the rear! Anyone have an easy way to remove it, I have tried gas,alky,lacquer thinner etc. nothing seems to work very well?

Back