A trip back in time!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was one of my first boats. Black with gold flames and red pinstripe outlining. Open side port, no muffler. Citizenship analog proportional radio, one of the first proportional radio's out there. Throttle was a on-off-on toggle switch that would move rudder to neutral when changing throttle settings.

Now I want to build another one. Probably go for a 60 size if I do.

I would think just building one with a flex cable drive and adjustable strut would make light years improvement over the original set ups.
My first build, scaled down from one of my full sized hulls, way before Dragonfly’s.

Attachments

• IMG_0914.jpeg
    IMG_0914.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1
I would think just building one with a flex cable drive and adjustable strut would make light years improvement over the original set ups.
My first build, scaled down from one of my full sized hulls, way before Dragonfly’s.
John what did you use for a rudder? Any prop walk issues? Wondering between the original straight drive shaft and going to less angle on the strut how it affects prop walk? Or does it even matter?

John what did you use for a rudder? Any prop walk issues? Wondering between the original straight drive shaft and going to less angle on the strut how it affects prop walk? Or does it even matter?
It didn’t have a rudder, just the steering strut, the steering strut had a skeg like an outboard. Never had any prop walk that I remember. The next hull I built, had a fixed strut and a rudder but was still a surface drive. The water pickup was on the outside sponson, I could never get one behind the prop to work.

Bill, Tom I sure hope you both will bring them to the Dover pond ,I would love to see them run.

Maybe that's what we need to do have a vintage day at the pond day, and see what guys still have.
Greg that would be SUPER COOL!! I absolutely agree that it would be COOL to see what everybody still has!!

Back