Broken tap in engine mount

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean, how did it turn out, post some pix.mb
Funny Mike...I just sat down to post a pic and saw this post. I was out of town last night until about 11:40pm (buying a truck)...so did not do anything with it until today. It looks good Mike.

I got the rail back yesterday. That would be a one week turn time from when I sent it out. Attached is a pic of the rail and tap. The black on the end of the tap is whatever Mike welded to it to get it out.

I was digging around to find my new tap to finish tapping the hole...when I noticed that Mike had already did that for me. Thanks again :)

Thanks Mike and everyone else here that either offered me advise, or offered to remove it for me. I can get back to building my mono again now...

Sean

mono_engine_rail.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean, how did it turn out, post some pix.mb
Funny Mike...I just sat down to post a pic and saw this post. I was out of town last night until about 11:40pm (buying a truck)...so did not do anything with it until today. It looks good Mike.

I got the rail back yesterday. That would be a one week turn time from when I sent it out. Attached is a pic of the rail and tap. The black on the end of the tap is whatever Mike welded to it to get it out.

I was digging around to find my new tap to finish tapping the hole...when I noticed that Mike had already did that for me. Thanks again :)

Thanks Mike and everyone else here that either offered me advise, or offered to remove it for me. I can get back to building my mono again now...

Sean

Glad to see Mike hooked you up he s a good guy Ive been there and done that Another good place to get taps and tools is WT Tool (Wholesale Tool) WWW.WTTOOL.COM just stay away from the offshore garbage they are not as good

An edm would have worked on this problem too, but where this method is really a life saver is on a head bolt that has some corosion and has been twisted off or the hex has been stripped out of an allen bolt, or any bolt that uses a blind hole.

mb

Back