Boat and engine lay up requirements

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKCS

Getting ready to PSC home and want to ensure the boat will be good to go when it finally arrived back home, good ole Texas for a month then off to Norfolk.

Engine preps, hull or shaft requirements. I have to much time and effort in this to have if be stuck and not running when it arrives.

Military shippments last from 30 to 55 days to get across the pond. Ideas and requirements advice needed.

Thanks,

Make sure the engine has no fuel in it and then oil it up well with light machine oil, after run oil, etc. Remove the prop from the shaft, wrap it in some cloth and put it somewhere safe. Make sure the shaft is dry and then grease it up well. Unplug the receiver battery and make sure the radio box is dry. Leave the cover off if there's any doubt. Lube anything that can rust or corrode.

Edit: Oh, and welcome home! I've never been in the military, but I know what it's like to live in a foreign country for an extended period (2.5 years in China). Learning about other cultures is great, but "there's no place like home".

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove the engine, oil it, pack in a box and mail it home.

Remove fuel tank and toss in trash can.

Clean hull with soap and water to remove all traces of nitro fuel. Clean hands prep box, place in box with rubber gloves, remove gloves and seal box. Don't touch the outside of the box with nitro residue still on your hands!

If they sniffer test the box you will be delayed!

Good luck.

:D

Back