Blackbird 21 build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks beautiful and easy to build. Nice work to both you and Chris Wood. Precision craftsmanship meets anal (in the best sense of the word)equals, just beautiful.

Cliff

looking good don,

I think in the future what i will do is chamfer both ends of the mounts so both motors will fit and people can flip flop motors if need be... is the cmb mounting holes spaced the same as other mounts aka nova or cmb rs?

chris

looking good don,
I think in the future what i will do is chamfer both ends of the mounts so both motors will fit and people can flip flop motors if need be... is the cmb mounting holes spaced the same as other mounts aka nova or cmb rs?

chris
Thanks guys. Chris, at a quick glance it appears the holes are a little closer to the motor side edge of the rails on the CMB but I will get you measurements tonight or tomorrow. Weather isn't going to be good for any running (windy & rain) this weekend so I should be able to wrap up this, the new R/R twin 90 and get started on my MTO sport 40. Need to do some paint work too but that will have to wait until next week, weather here lately has been nuts- 65 one day, 35 the next, wind advisories, storms etc. :wacko:

don, if you clearance the mount in the area where the backplate sticks out past the case, and the area where the flywheel would rub , i think the mounts will work as drilled

don, if you clearance the mount in the area where the backplate sticks out past the case, and the area where the flywheel would rub , i think the mounts will work as drilled
Steve I think you're right but I decided to leave the original mounts & spacers exactly as supplied so if the CMB doesn't cut it I have a ready to go N/R mount set to drop right in. :)

The holes need to move about .020" closer to the engine side of the rail even if you clearance them for the flywheel & backplate.

Boat looks great Don , I think I will send you my Thriftway Too so you can paint it ;)

Tim K

Very sweet!

It looks like the rest of your rigger fleet, only different :D

I'm lookin forward to running mine also, but I'm SURE you'll get to run yours 1st!

If you can, get some testing done on the 67 pipe too. I don't need it yet, but will when this $#!t thaws.

My SJ is all back together now and is lookin just a little nekid. :)

Very sweet!It looks like the rest of your rigger fleet, only different :D

I'm lookin forward to running mine also, but I'm SURE you'll get to run yours 1st!

If you can, get some testing done on the 67 pipe too. I don't need it yet, but will when this $#!t thaws.

If I do get some run time this weekend your pipe should be on the way back mid week. I'm also going to be testing the double muffled billet pipes as well. B)

Very sweet!It looks like the rest of your rigger fleet, only different :D

If I do get some run time this weekend your pipe should be on the way back mid week. I'm also going to be testing the double muffled billet pipes as well. B)

You doin DB testing too?

And if you can't get to it this weekend, no sweat, the ponds are still hard, but the river is now open. The river is OK for gas, but not really smooth enough for nitro anyway.

Curious to see how my Insane rigger runs or if I need to trade it in for a RR. :)

Good luck testing!

Latest posts

Back