*** Atlanta Model Boaters GA Championships ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about that diamondback 21. That's a fast boat. Also i would like to thank Walt Barney for letting me use a tank and battery for my 40 hydro even though i didnt get a start out of 4 rounds. What a super nice guy!!! I had a blast. And yes, that tunnel Shane had was ballistic. I have never seen a tunnel that ran like that.
You Know I was impressed with that Diamondback Billy! Sweet running boat and Stable!! If anybody is looking for a 90% 21 Rigger they should Seriously Consider talking to Billy about building one up for you! I'll be in touch Billy!! :D

I will second the comment on the Diamondback. It is a top notch boat and totally ran on rails. I am looking forward in getting my new Diamondback soon.

Shane's Lynx without question was the fastest Lynx we have ever seen. I just wish I had my Stalker radar gun on it but had the pit duty for Don Gilbert. When a NR powered Lynx can chase down and pass a HTB 40 boat in 2 laps it is rather eye opening. Most stable Lynx I have seen as well. He has been invited to the National Tunnel Champs next March but may get run out of town and country (he lives in Bermuda). Not sure I have ever seen a faster 20 heat racing tunnel either. John Otto in March at the Tunnel Championships set the high water mark of over 56 mph in a oval speed trial and Shane's was faster by a fair margin. A marvel to watch.
Yea the first time we saw Shanes Tunnel was late in open water on Friday and in conversation it was said that that tunnel couldn't possibly run in traffic at that speed and survive. Hey Steve Cirmella, Steve Hearl, all you Atwells, Mike Talley, John Otto, Kevin Lee, Randy Premo, Ron Byrd, James(Gabe) Clegg, Ronald Van Essen, Don Riek and the rest of you supposed Tunnel Hotshots........................... Guess what. It can and did. Ya'll had better up it a notch or 2 if Shane flys over for the Tunnel Champs!!! Don Gilbert and Mark Poole and some others have already had a look at it and I'm sure they will be looking for some speed and stability over the Winter!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about that diamondback 21. That's a fast boat. Also i would like to thank Walt Barney for letting me use a tank and battery for my 40 hydro even though i didnt get a start out of 4 rounds. What a super nice guy!!! I had a blast. And yes, that tunnel Shane had was ballistic. I have never seen a tunnel that ran like that.
You Know I was impressed with that Diamondback Billy! Sweet running boat and Stable!! If anybody is looking for a 90% 21 Rigger they should Seriously Consider talking to Billy about building one up for you! I'll be in touch Billy!! :D

I will second the comment on the Diamondback. It is a top notch boat and totally ran on rails. I am looking forward in getting my new Diamondback soon.

Shane's Lynx without question was the fastest Lynx we have ever seen. I just wish I had my Stalker radar gun on it but had the pit duty for Don Gilbert. When a NR powered Lynx can chase down and pass a HTB 40 boat in 2 laps it is rather eye opening. Most stable Lynx I have seen as well. He has been invited to the National Tunnel Champs next March but may get run out of town and country (he lives in Bermuda). Not sure I have ever seen a faster 20 heat racing tunnel either. John Otto in March at the Tunnel Championships set the high water mark of over 56 mph in a oval speed trial and Shane's was faster by a fair margin. A marvel to watch.
Yea the first time we saw Shanes Tunnel was late in open water on Friday and in conversation it was said that that tunnel couldn't possibly run in traffic at that speed and survive. Hey Steve Cirmella, Steve Hearl, all you Atwells, Mike Talley, John Otto, Kevin Lee, Randy Premo, Ron Byrd, James(Gabe) Clegg, Ronald Van Essen, Don Riek and the rest of you supposed Tunnel Hotshots........................... Guess what. It can and did. Ya'll had better up it a notch or 2 if Shane flys over for the Tunnel Champs!!! Don Gilbert and Mark Poole and some others have already had a look at it and I'm sure they will be looking for some speed and stability over the Winter!

Lamar keep Promoting. It is What brings the Competition back to the lake site...... the Db sxit is all Negative...... Keep Up the Great Work........ Onto the Spring race in 2007.
Thanks Joe! I am trying my best to raise the bar in Atlanta. I want the competiton @ our events to be fierce and memorable... Our District is relatively light on racers so in order to have a sizeable event we must draw in people from outside the District.

In order to do so you must give them a REASON to attend your event. That is the main reason we have added the special events to our recent races. Everyone knows what a success the TWIN SHOOTOUT has become and we already have 17 Crackerboxes (with several more supposedly on the way) entered for the 1st Annual C-Box Royal Rumble. Jeff Michaud is flying in all the way from California just to run his C-Box...

Let's stop the mudslinging and get back to racing!!!!

Lamar
HEY lamar, Its Nice to not see any B.S. from the DB ISSUE..... after the race. Hope your club had a GREAT RACE. WE Will See you @ the Spring Nats in 2007..... If you guys are Not done for the year? Come to Jackson TN Oct 21-22. Going to be a Great time of year to race

Yes, Shane's boat was fast. But maybe not the fastest Lynx, I have seen. However, more important this boat handled perfect under race conditions and was truly fast! Side by side racing makes the day very exciting. I am looking forward to racing Shane at the National OB Tunnel Championships at Walterboro, SC in 2007.

Back to the drawing board!

Don :blink:

Hey Gang,

Finally home after the long drive back from NC... Scott, Toni, & my new niece Zoe are all doing well. If everything goes according to plan Zoe will be released this Saturday.

I just wanted to thank EVERYONE that stepped up to help pull off this event when we had to bail @ the last minute. I have only spoken to Norman briefly so I do not have the full race report yet, but it sounds like the club (and some visitors) really pulled together to make it happen. Thanks guys and gals...

Jeff, Butch, & Bob it was very nice to finally meet all of you face to face. I was looking forward to running w/ you guys. Hopefully we can meet up again next season.

A major congrats to Romano Scott aka BO for being crowned the first ever KING CRACKER... You should be proud! I just hope the crown will still fit now that his head has swollen to enormous proportions!!!

Another major congrats to Jeff Michaud for winning the Gas v/s Nitro Mono Title Fight. That makes the score: Gas 2 / Nitro ZERO...

Thanks again guys and barring any unforseen pregnancies I look forward to next year!!!

Lamar

Okay thanks for all the info on some race results at ATL.

We need pics and vids, since I just cannot come over for a weekend to watch the races ( weak excuse I know :) )

Funny that there is a lot of talk about tunnels, although some pink boats were fast too.

The Lynx of Eric Bourlet is FAST too,with stock OS on his back.

Well I am looking forward to see some of these fast boats, maybe I can give some of you some competition with one of my tunnels.at he tunnel nats 2007.

PS tunneldon-is that you Don Gilbert?

Ronald.

We need pivs and vids, since I just cannot come over for a weekend to watch the races ( weak excuse I know :) )

Funny that there is a lot of talk about tunnels, although some pink boats were fast too.

Well I am looking forward to see some of these fast boats, maybe I can give some of you some competition with one of my tunnels.at he tunnel nats 2007.

Ronald.
Sure is. Headed to work, catch ya later.

Don

work??? come on man.... you dont work. :D

Don, I am truly impressed, not only did you get on here and actually POST a comment, but you used bold words also... WOW! I have a question, do you know how to copy and paste? (this is for John) :D

~James

work??? come on man.... you dont work. :D

Don, I am truly impressed, not only did you get on here and actually POST a comment, but you used bold words also... WOW! I have a question, do you know how to copy and paste? (this is for John) :D

~James

Now I have to figure out how to bold as well? Then quote will be next. Ouch, too much to learn for my feeble brain. But I can still smoke your hiney. Dust off that 20 or 40 rigger and I'll show you again. LOL.

We need pivs and vids, since I just cannot come over for a weekend to watch the races ( weak excuse I know :) )

Ronald.
Sure is. Headed to work, catch ya later.

Don
Hey Don, Give me a call when you get a chance I want to offer you a deal on the 45RS

Billy

It's ashame that we had to miss Atlanta this year. Oh well, hopefully this guy can come to the tunnel nats in March and we can get a good comparison of his speed when rubbing elbows with us Florida tunnel guys(can you say Don who?lol.). Make note that John Otto's 56mph pass was on a significantly shorter course than that of Atlanta's so there's a lot more left. Just curious, how many tunnels were entered in Atlanta altogether?

~Mitch

Reading through the post about the fast Lynx of Shane, I conclude we need some video tapes of events. So every one can have a look. Now I have to wait to see it at the tunnel nats in march 2007 ( I hope he is coming)

Ronald.

Back