*** Atlanta Model Boaters GA Championships ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

Hey Gang,

I just wanted to remind everyone about the 2006 GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIPS being held in Atlanta, GA @ Naturally Fresh Pond on Sept 16th & 17th, 2006. This race will be held @ the same site as the 2006 Spring Nationals.

In addition to our normal class offerings, we have added two special events to the program for this year. 2006 will see the return of the F-MONO v/s LSG MONO TITLE FIGHT. The top three point earners in F-MONO will face off against the top three point earners in LSG MONO for a one heat winner take all TITLE FIGHT. Last year was the Inaugural year for this event and a Gas boat walked away with the belt. Will the Gas guys be able to go 2 for 2 or will a Nitro boat claim the belt in 06'? There is only one way to find out...

2006 will also see the CRACKERBOX ROYAL RUMBLE added to the event schedule. After 4 rounds of normal heat racing the top six point earners will move to a one heat winner take all ROYAL RUMBLE. When all is said and done we will crown the first ever KING CRACKER... If you have never seen the Crackers run before the flat bottom boats put on quite a show and usually make for some exciting racing.

The flyer for the event can be downloaded HERE. We look forward to seeing you there!

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President

Atlanta Model Boaters

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mod-VP class will run in this race. The Spring Nationals was chock full of classes so we did not run Mod-VP in it. Don't forget the high point winner of this class wins a brand new hull to race with next season. Lamar, I will sponsor the class and will be in touch. Ogeechee is this weekend. Points race will get very interesting after this one. :D

Mark

Sounds good Mark... I won't be able to make Ogeechee... I have to attend the birthday party of a close family friend.

Looking forward to seeing the MOD VP's run.

Lamar

The five drivers who have an auto entry in the Mod-VP class for the Atlanta race are......

Fred Lumb Jr.

Kevin Lee

John Knight

John Stelzer

Tony Atwell

Fred won the class today at the Ogeechee race in a run off for first place with Kevin Lee.

After two races there is 69 points difference from first to fourth in the points chase and there has been a run off in both races. Move over Nextel Cup, Mod-VP is the NASCAR of model boats!

Guys, there is going to be a lot of great racing action this Fall in DXIII. The AMB GA CHAMPS in Sept followed by the Charleston race in Oct. Gas v/s Nitro, King Cracker, Run What Ya' Brung... It all sounds like fun to me.

Entries are starting to trickle in for the GA Champs. Please note that we are capping entries for this race @ 200 (and we are sticking to the cap this go round) and the entry deadline is Sept. 8th. This race will feature the following Special Events:

F-MONO v/s LSG MONO TITLE FIGHT

CRACKERBOX ROYAL RUMBLE

For more information on these Special Events see the flyer which can be downloaded HERE.

We would love to have you there!

Thanks,

Lamar

GA Champs entry update...

So far we have 11 drivers and 45 boats entered. It is nice to see some entries coming in from names I have never seen before. I look forward to meeting and racing with all of you!

Remeber the race has a 200 boat cap. Get those entires in early to reserve your spot and your frequency. Also, we have two special events scheduled for this year:

titlefightlogo.jpg

kingcrackerlogo.jpg

The flyer for the race can be found HERE.

Thanks,

Lamar

*** RACE UPDATE ***

I have received entries for 19 drivers piloting 55 boats as of today. Get those entires in NOW, this is shaping up to be a great event.

The entry form can be downloaded HERE.

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President

AMB

*** RACE UPDATE ***

I have received entries for 19 drivers piloting 55 boats as of today. Get those entires in NOW, this is shaping up to be a great event.

The entry form can be downloaded HERE.

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President

AMB
Make that 20 drivers and 61 boats. My entry went in the mail today. Hope my pit man can go to Atlanta with me that weekend. :D

Lamar we will be traveling east to atlanta . Want to race the GAS vs the NITRO Mono Deal..... WE will have a twin Hydro class Correct?

Scooter: Glad to hear you are going to be able to make it! I will be on the lookout for your entry. I am getting the club laptp from Wendy @ the race this weekend so I can start entering in information. I have numbered everyone's entry so they will be entered in the order they were received.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Joe W: Way cool! Charles had mentioned that you were considering coming back in the fall. I will just have to make sure we pit WAAAAAAYYYY away from the exhaust on that generator this go round. :D

Uh, Oh... That F boat of your is ballistic... The Gas v/s Nitro shootout was interesting last year and w/ the people that are planning on attending this year it should be even better. I know BIG CHUCK is hoping to make tha dance this year.

Unfortunately the TWINS will have to run in F-Hydro this time. With the addition of the 2 Special Events and the new MOD-VP class there is no way I can squeeze in an additional class @ this time. I plan on cutting back on the number of heats v/s the Spring Nats so we can finish @ a decent hour w/o running @ a breakneck pace. Additionally; the flyer was already posted and distributed w/o TWIN on the list of classes to be run. We are looking @ adding TWIN to our HP series next year...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I received conformation today from Butch The Boatman and Jeff Michaud of Insane Boats. Both guys will be in Atlanta in the fall. Get those entries in quick, I think we have another GREAT RACE on our hands!

Lamar

Lamar, I must say you should reconsider. Multi engine rigger is now a IMPBA category. Atlanta is a hardcore race site. Why running a bunch of special events. You guys should offer IMPBA US1 categories (Gas and Nitro) and then, if there's any room left, then run special events. By the way, what is a "MOD-VP", I have no clue. At the Spring Nats we finished at a decent time. Also, send me a flyer for the 2007 Spring Nats, I am ready to enter.

JOSE

Lamar I would Sponsor a Very Nice TWIN SHOOT OUT award for the Twins if you might re-consider...... Joe.

Piston,

The Mod-VP class is a specialty class being raced this year in District 13. I built a bunch of the "Dubl-Tunl" boats just like the one that I raced in 2004 and we made a class out of them. Kinda like IROC, same boats, same engines so it comes down to who can drive the boats best. It is a lot of fun.

Jose, Just bring your TWINS we will make the F hydro class the TWIN class.....20 TWINS entered in F hydro a single will have its work cut out......

My entry is IN. See you boys in F mono in Sept..... I will have a New 44 boat sporting a Big Block NITRO Engine..... :blink:

Joe W: I will be on the lookout for your entry!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jose: If I put the Spring Nats flyer out early again for 2007 I fear Wendy will do bodily harm to me! :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but the entries are really starting to roll in now. I had several more arrive over the weekend and Dad has spoken w/ several NAMBA guys on the phone to clarify the entry process for non-IMPBA members. This race is shaping up to be a GREAT event.

Thanks,

Lamar

Entries received in the mail today for:

- Mike Allen

- Jeff Michaud

- Walt Barney

- Scott Norris

Thanks,

Lamar

*** RACE UPDATE ***

As of today we have 30 contestants and 87 boats entered.

Thanks Guys!

Lamar

JOE W: I have not received your entry yet, I will let you know when it arrives.

*** RACE UPDATE ***

Joe, your entry showed up in the mail today... That puts us @ 31 contestants and 94 boats to date (one previously entered contestant E-mailed and entered another class).

Thanks Guys!

Lamar

All I know is the Nitro Boys are gonna take the Belt this year. Joe & Chuck and myself are coming loaded for kill on the Gas Guys. Kiss that Belt Goodbye Lamar! :D

Latest posts

Back