*** Atlanta Model Boaters GA Championships ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tested boats today. B tunnel ready, Mod-VP boats looking good. Hoping for good weather and some good racing next weekend.

DON'T WORRY.......... :( :( :( JUST BRING IT!!!! :p :p :p

THERE WILL BE PLENTY FOR YOU TO CHASE.....................FROM BACK THERE!!!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D

The Mod-VP class will run in this race. The Spring Nationals was chock full of classes so we did not run Mod-VP in it. Don't forget the high point winner of this class wins a brand new hull to race with next season. Lamar, I will sponsor the class and will be in touch. Ogeechee is this weekend. Points race will get very interesting after this one. :D

Mark
Explain Mod VP as I have two full size boats that fall into this catagory . They are an STV and a Mirage river Racer . Sounds cool .

Tom,

This year in our district we are running Mod-VP using 5 identical boats and motors. I built the boats, they are fiberglass hulls. Same boat that was allowed to run in the tunnel class in 2004 on a trial basis. My boat is not an exact copy of any lifesize Mod-VP but it looks a lot like a Stoker. It is a mono bow not a picklefork. Same principle as your STV and Mirage, tunnel boat with a center ride pad. Works pretty good, we are going to experiment with them a lot this winter and make them even better.

HURRY UP SCOTT..............Butch has been on the dock Sling MUD ALREADY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HURRY UP SCOTT..............Butch has been on the dock Sling MUD ALREADY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not gonna sling nothing at Butch. I've seen his stuff run! All I know is I have a Fresh Motor for this Shootout and Ya'll had better have some Fresh Ones Too!!! ;)

Moron......... not very many tunnels. But Shane Adderly from Bermuda came up with a 21 lynx that Won all the tunnel classes that made. Open and 21. :) :)

Moron......... not very many tunnels. But Shane Adderly from Bermuda came up with a 21 lynx that Won all the tunnel classes that made. Open and 21. :) :)
That WAS a DANG QUICK Tunnel that Shane had!

I won. That's all the important results Ronald. :p :D :lol:

You are not the only one. But you let the Pinkie boat first place slip away! What a shame!
I think it flipped because of that Brick that Mark put in it trying to slow me down!! :lol:

Unfortunately, Don Gilbert can attest to how fast that little lynx was... I hope he brings it to the Tunnel Nats in '07...

~James

How about that diamondback 21. That's a fast boat. Also i would like to thank Walt Barney for letting me use a tank and battery for my 40 hydro even though i didnt get a start out of 4 rounds. What a super nice guy!!! I had a blast. And yes, that tunnel Shane had was ballistic. I have never seen a tunnel that ran like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about that diamondback 21. That's a fast boat. Also i would like to thank Walt Barney for letting me use a tank and battery for my 40 hydro even though i didnt get a start out of 4 rounds. What a super nice guy!!! I had a blast. And yes, that tunnel Shane had was ballistic. I have never seen a tunnel that ran like that.
You Know I was impressed with that Diamondback Billy! Sweet running boat and Stable!! If anybody is looking for a 90% 21 Rigger they should Seriously Consider talking to Billy about building one up for you! I'll be in touch Billy!! :D

You Know I was impressed with that Diamondback Billy! Sweet running boat and Stable!! If anybody is looking for a 90% 21 Rigger they should Seriously Consider talking to Billy about building one up for you! I'll be in touch Billy!! :D

I will second the comment on the Diamondback. It is a top notch boat and totally ran on rails. I am looking forward in getting my new Diamondback soon.

Shane's Lynx without question was the fastest Lynx we have ever seen. I just wish I had my Stalker radar gun on it but had the pit duty for Don Gilbert. When a NR powered Lynx can chase down and pass a HTB 40 boat in 2 laps it is rather eye opening. Most stable Lynx I have seen as well. He has been invited to the National Tunnel Champs next March but may get run out of town and country (he lives in Bermuda). Not sure I have ever seen a faster 20 heat racing tunnel either. John Otto in March at the Tunnel Championships set the high water mark of over 56 mph in a oval speed trial and Shane's was faster by a fair margin. A marvel to watch.

I did not put any thing in pinkie to slow it down but I did keep opening the needle thinking it would slow down! That has to be the most insensitive outboard to fuel mixture I have ever seen. The guys did a great job with the boats. I have 5 boats all still in one piece. Points race for this class is going down to the wire in Walterboro. :D

Latest posts

Back