APRCRA

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piston1

At JRCBoat Dock there's an interesting thread in progress associated with some new PRO Racing organization starting to schedule PRO boat racing events. The link below takes you to their WEB Page. I see pros and cons in this concept. Maybe we can debate this issue on a "civil manner".

http://www.aprcra.org/

At JRCBoat Dock there's an interesting thread in progress associated with some new PRO Racing organization starting to schedule PRO boat racing events. The link below takes you to their WEB Page. I see pros and cons in this concept. Maybe we can debate this issue on a "civil manner".http://www.aprcra.org/
I've looked through the entire site and that's the most confusing thing I've ever seen.

At JRCBoat Dock there's an interesting thread in progress associated with some new PRO Racing organization starting to schedule PRO boat racing events. The link below takes you to their WEB Page. I see pros and cons in this concept. Maybe we can debate this issue on a "civil manner".http://www.aprcra.org/
I've looked through the entire site and that's the most confusing thing I've ever seen.
That site is going to get changed. Someone is working on it as we speak. Many things such as classes allowed are being added. The only thing that needs to be known is that ALL classes just like IMPBA and NAMBA will be offered.

I think I’ll keep my hobby an amateur sport. People get “funny” when you start racing for money.

-Buck-

Main thing that would bother me is that they are apparently having Boats, Dirt Cars and Asphalt cars in the same vicinity at the same time on ground frequencys. I wouldn't race any event unless I knew that the closest ground frequency event was more than a mile away, more preferably.

Main thing that would bother me is that they are apparently having Boats, Dirt Cars and Asphalt cars in the same vicinity at the same time on ground frequencys. I wouldn't race any event unless I knew that the closest ground frequency event was more than a mile away, more preferably.
I think I was told that they have this big curtain of lead material or something that restricts the freqs from interferring. Don't quote me on that but I will check.

That site is going to get changed. Someone is working on it as we speak. Many things such as classes allowed are being added. The only thing that needs to be known is that ALL classes just like IMPBA and NAMBA will be offered.
Well unless things change if you choose to participate in one of these "pro races" (racing for cash) you will lose your amateur status in the IMPBA and will no longer be able to participate in IMPBA sanctioned events. I do not know at this time what NAMBA has decided to do either in that regard, has a decision been made by the NAMBA powers that be?? I personally have mixed feelings about it, some good, some bad (one of which is the mixed venues on ground frequencies :eek: ) but as it currently stands I believe they've canceled every race due to low/no turnout?? :blink:

This was copied and pasted from the other forum.

"Here is the quote from Al Watters:

I can find nothing in the NAMBA rule book that talks about amateur status.

In other words, if you went to one of their races and won money and then went to a NAMBA sanctioned event at a later date, I would not prevent you from racing. What the Pro Circuit does is their business, what we do is our business."

IMPBA is a little different and states;

"C. No member shall receive cash or monetary award as a prize or compensation for competing with

a model powerboat or operate a model boat for hire."

I wonder if you could deny the payment and donate it to a charity? ;)

Just a thought.

Just got the word from Fred Williams.

This will be a boat only event. So no radio conflicts. Even if they were to race the cars were to racin in a venue 8 miles away.

Let's go racing.

That was probably my thread over at Jim's. I found a few things wrong with the way that they were running the show. One was that they were going to provide the gas, a high-octane racing gas, not the normal 87 octane that most gas boaters are using. Bill replied in the thread that there was nothing wrong with IMPBA members racing in those events.

There could be arguments worse than the dB threads on if giving away coupons, gift certificates or other prizes couldn't be construed as "Professional" racing. I won't open up that can of worms in here!

I haven't seen any race reports yet on the Bay City race yet as I'm curious as to how it went.

As I read the site, it appears to be towards Gas only, no nitro. So, NO, NOT ALL CLASSES will be offered. Plus you have to be a member of IMPBA or NAMBA to become a member :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: One should not have to be a member of an org just be a member of another. :blink:

I just through the rules as I really didn't look at them before. You need an IMPBA or NAMBA membership so there's $50.00 . Another $100.00 to join their outfit. $35.00 per boat to race.

You can fill in the rest.

I am all for advancement of this hobby. But I see some odd tactics at work here. So they have their own insurance for APRC members...says total of 5 million in coverage. So one would ask, why do you have to also be a member of Namba or Impba? Simple. Starting an association is not that big a task. Getting PARTICIPANTS in a new association is. So, instead of building this from the ground up, which would probably take years, they tap into an already well established pool of racers.

I get ask all the time by friends how come I don't compete for money. No doubt a money series would attract a lot of new faces. But I do not believe it would be a good thing for this sport.

If they argue over stupid stuff now , just think what it would be like if you were to throw some cash in the mix .

Ed

Apparently they are supposed to start heat racing this event tomorrow afternoon. Would like to hear some feedback from anyone that is attending.

I think I was told that they have this big curtain of lead material or something that restricts the freqs from interferring. Don't quote me on that but I will check.
Are your sure it isn't kryptonite? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read that they are running all the cars on 27mhz or Spectrum and the Boats are on 75mhz or Spectrum.

I heard they imported the lead curtain from China :lol:

I believe the amateur rule has been in the IMPBA rule book since almost day one. At that time IMPBA was about the only kid on the block. I think it was written to mean there would be no races for money in the IMPBA. Racing for money in another org. or industry should not be a problem. I don't believe the IMPBA could cancel a member's membership and go to court and make this rule stick if a person raced for money in another org. other than IMPBA. I think it will just be ignored and I think that is the best approach.

Bill Zuber, pres. of IMPBA, has made comments on this post but unlike Al Waters of NAMBA, he did not confirm the IMPBA stand on the issue. There was a BOD meeting at the IMPBA Nitro nats. and I'm sure this item was discussed. ????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Back