Americas Cup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olly

Supporting Member
Is there anyone else watching the Americas Cup? I have watched it most of my life and never seen racing like this. The catamarans have taken sailing to a whole new level. It's not sailing now - it's hydro-foiling and something else to watch. Wish I was in San Francisco.

Olly

Caught em a couple times this month,

Yea it is truely beautifull to watch, the crews are sooooo good !

Really razor edge on the foils, suprized how quick they can turn too.

Gene

Last edited by a moderator:
These machines are amazing. Take a look. Final race today, GO USA.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=america's%20cup&oq=americas&gs_l=youtube-reduced.1.2.0i10l3j0i10i3.1361.8877.0.11168.8.4.0.4.4.0.84.305.4.4.0....0...1ac.1.23.youtube-reduced..0.8.335.qAoYLIDFQeg#/watch?v=x_q1Tfb7maQ

Last edited by a moderator:
i have watched pieces of the race , the speeds they are reaching are incredible , i use to sail a Chrysler Buccaneer 18 , never came close to those speeds , the main sail appears to be a true wing similar to a airplane wing , sailing completely out of the water is very impressive....bob

WHAT A COMEBACK!! caught some of the races early on & was amazed at what a 12 meter yacht had become. nothing like the prams, windmills, thistles & hobie cats i sailed as a youngun'. was incredible to watch, & can't believe team usa pulled it off.

Latest posts

Back