Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K., anyone else on IW use a reed radio system to control their first boats? Now, "That's really back in the day."

JD
Jerry:

I get kidded all the time because I still use my white 27 mhz ACE radio. People think that it is a "vacuum tube radio" :)

O.K., anyone else on IW use a reed radio system to control their first boats? Now, "That's really back in the day."

JD
Jerry:

I get kidded all the time because I still use my white 27 mhz ACE radio. People think that it is a "vacuum tube radio" :)
Your right Marty, said you had to turn it on early for the tubes to warm up. :lol: :lol: :D B)

70 last Dec my first radio glowed and my servos had rubber bands that you wond up two pulses to go rt and one for left with radios like that you did a lot of building

JD
Jerry,I used an Orbit vacumn tube tone 10 channel transmitter with a reed receiver and Bonner servos to control my White Heat 10,which I still run once each year.Boat is 45 years old.(radio is now up to date).Controlled first boat with an Aristrol( by Aristrocraft) vacumn tube single channel 27 Mhg transmitter which sat on the ground with a 9' antenna.Vacumn tube receiver sent its signal to a rubber band powered escapement.Now" that's really back in the day."

Back