Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any central Fla. clubs trying to recruit new members. Maybe that's one reason why there's not many younger members. This I think goes for all clubs. I'm and old man I need help with my toys, since it's been over 20yrs since I've been out.

62, but my mind and my body have different opinions on what I can and can't do.................

Dick Tyndall
LOL 56 and the same !!! New motto for Off Road Riding for the last few years is "Stay low ..go Slow " but that was several concussions and cracked ribs and shoulders ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WFO , only way to go !

I don't see any central Fla. clubs trying to recruit new members. Maybe that's one reason why there's not many younger members. This I think goes for all clubs. I'm and old man I need help with my toys, since it's been over 20yrs since I've been out.
Ken , where are you at ??? I'm sure I could help !

I'm in Lakeland. Trying to finf out hat's going on with the Brandon club since their closest. Working on a sport 40 now. Almost done, just making some improvements in the radio box.

This is an enlightening thread I bet there would be a totally different demographic on Jims with the Gas guys. I am guessing much younger

Question, who's the oldest model boater still active. JD ?????..........==={}
I'll be 71 next month and have been designing/building/racing RC boats since 1965. First national boat race was the 1967 IMPBA Internats in San Francisco. Met Gary and Marianne Preusse at that event. Marianne was a wonderful lady and Gary and I remain friends. Just wish Chicago wasn't so far from Washington.

JD

I'll be 73 in April- built my first boat (scale hydro) when I was 8 years young- Also built a car (go kart-sorta) that I drove around my neighborhood then also- geez - that sure brings back the memories-

Dave Richardson

RPM Inc (ret.)

I'll be 73 in April- built my first boat (scale hydro) when I was 8 years young- Also built a car (go kart-sorta) that I drove around my neighborhood then also- geez - that sure brings back the memories-

Dave Richardson

RPM Inc (ret.)
Dave, back in the day, your RPM rods and carbs sure improved the hobby. Thanks.....==={} B)

Dave Richardson

RPM Inc (ret.)
Dave, back in the day, your RPM rods and carbs sure improved the hobby. Thanks.....==={} B)
i still use 'em in my k&b's, ray. have a couple n.i.p., thanx from me too, dave B)

63 & my joints are talkin' to me - but in my mind? Twenty-somethin'! And, like one of our other members says, a dark, black past is one of my most prized possessions!
:ph34r: Hello me, meet the real me and my misfits way of life. :ph34r: Sweating Bullets, MEGADETH B) ........==={}

Question, who's the oldest model boater still active. JD ?????..........==={}
I'll be 71 next month and have been designing/building/racing RC boats since 1965. First national boat race was the 1967 IMPBA Internats in San Francisco. Met Gary and Marianne Preusse at that event. Marianne was a wonderful lady and Gary and I remain friends. Just wish Chicago wasn't so far from Washington.

JD
I'm 48 and I was born in 65.

Dave Richardson

RPM Inc (ret.)
Glad to hear that you are still in the hobby, Dave. I bought a LOT of rods from you, mostly for the Fox Combat .36 engines that I reworked. Trust me, NONE of them would have stayed together without one of your connecting rods. Thanks for making some quality rods, carbs and engine mounts for all of us for a lot of years.

Dick Tyndall

Virginia Craftsman, Inc.

I'll be 69 years young in August. Started racing model boats in 1968 through 1973. Then raced cars till 1996. Re-started in boats after my retirement again from 2006. I'd like to still be racing when I hit 80, even if it's model yachts by then :)

I wish all you 'oldies' good health and happy racing!

63 & my joints are talkin' to me - but in my mind? Twenty-somethin'! And, like one of our other members says, a dark, black past is one of my most prized possessions!
:ph34r: Hello me, meet the real me and my misfits way of life. :ph34r: Sweating Bullets, MEGADETH B) ........==={}

"As I smile my blacktoothed grin", (not sure if that is right going from memory here).. :)

Back