A question for the scale experts...

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Ashby

I know that the rules allow for some modification on the bottom of the hull. Like air dams, sponson adjustments et al..

Can you add boots to the list? I've got a near perfect hull, it would be the 8808 Mr. Pringles/Tide hull that I am going to use as the 91 Executone. I can't find any pictures of the back end of the boat, but I don't think it had boots on it. My model does. Am I going to have to take those off to be legal in NAMBA? That is, if anyone can tell me if the hull ran with boots...

I know that the rules allow for some modification on the bottom of the hull. Like air dams, sponson adjustments et al..
Can you add boots to the list? I've got a near perfect hull, it would be the 8808 Mr. Pringles/Tide hull that I am going to use as the 91 Executone. I can't find any pictures of the back end of the boat, but I don't think it had boots on it. My model does. Am I going to have to take those off to be legal in NAMBA? That is, if anyone can tell me if the hull ran with boots...
If the real one had them than you can ..If not that you can't.. But it might be different in your Dist. So check with your Scale chairman..But at the Nats it would probely be a no no ..

unfortunately want few pict i have of ultra bold dont show the back of the boat perhap roger newton would know as he drew the plans from the fullsize boats...i have an ultra bold that does have shoes

if harry has any more ultra bold or executone or supergolf range pictures (as being in new zealand it can be very differcult to get good pictures) hint hint i would love to get more

So nobody out there knows the answer?
I thought you got your answer from Roy. If the real boat had them you need them & vice versa. I believe they were added to the Tide in early '92 or very late '91 when it was still the Ultra Bold. Just for grins why not build a version that ran them? I know the Executone is easy 'cause it's all white but ...... it's boring and besides, the Tide is one cool looking boat! Just a thought. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know if the real boat had them. I couldn't find any pictures with the back end showing.

Thanks for the great picture of the Tide. I think I'll leave the boots on, and take my chances with the inspectors.

I'd like to build the Tide, but someone already has the registration on that one out here. Same deal with the Taco Tide.

So I'm doing the white one because it is easy, and I can do it myself. I haven't developed enough skill to pull off a complicated paint job.

I know the master hull rooster shows when Jones sponsons are added and radiused or pickle fork depth changes ect. hull 8088 would show a change in the shoes I think. Maybe not but that would seem strange to me if it didn't or the hull was modified enough to become a totally differant hull. I do not know if that ever happened though. Drop an email or call the inspector or registar that will be doing the inspection and get an answer from them.

Back