!! A PIECE OF NITRO RIGGER HISTORY!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brett, Thanks for sharing those with all of us, sure does bring back good memories., and I'm looking forward to some good times coming!! :) B) :p :D

Your Friend,

Elias.

Yep ..the past is great ...the ability to enjoy the future is better !!! Lets do it at the Winternats ! Gonna be some great competition , the best in our district . Wish I had the resources available to get my Twin 80 back up to speed , but gonna have to run the Container Ship !!! LOL :lol: :lol:
HEY! The past is why you can go fast! The past made it EASIER for you....DONT EVER FORGET IT BUB!!! :lol: :lol: love ya man! :)
Never forget it ...just don't live in it ...it will pass you by and you'll wonder WTF happened !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Brett, Thanks for sharing those with all of us, sure does bring back good memories., and I'm looking forward to some good times coming!! :) B) :p :D

Your Friend,

Elias.

Yep ..the past is great ...the ability to enjoy the future is better !!! Lets do it at the Winternats ! Gonna be some great competition , the best in our district . Wish I had the resources available to get my Twin 80 back up to speed , but gonna have to run the Container Ship !!! LOL :lol: :lol:
HEY! The past is why you can go fast! The past made it EASIER for you....DONT EVER FORGET IT BUB!!! :lol: :lol: love ya man! :)
Never forget it ...just don't live in it ...it will pass you by and you'll wonder WTF happened !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
TOUCHE'! ;) :)

Bobby Caudell calls me once in a while. He was a very good competitor and a good boat builder. Don't ask Pinkert about that :)

I miss my Best Friend, Tom Grannis a ton.....

The "Good Old Days" are always fun to re-visit. Amazing how much model boating has advanced over the years. Wish that Nitro was still having the huge entries as a long time ago. Maybe we need a special race to get it back going again.
Marty i feel we can bring these days back..theres no reason why we cant, all these new motors that are out are awesome, the price of nitro is down, the boat builders are all busy with orders..your right we need a special

race to promote that nitro is back!! maybe make some flyers and post them at the local hobby shops and let them know about this web site..i hear your race site in tampa is awesome, maybe you guys can host a special

race
Our new site is Internats Worthy. It has everything for SAW and unlimited space for racing. Tent space will be at the waters edge and there is ample room for parking. Totally protected from wind. Should be one of the best race sites in the Country.

Sure has taken a long time to get everything set with the City. We are close now.

We are all anxious to get started setting the site up and making it awesome.

Look for a special race THIS YEAR......

thanks for the pics terry

i look at them and think what old stuff them boats were.. then i thought man one that that hasn't changed much is PIPES.. i still see alot of pipes in them pics that are used today lol

chris

Marty , any pics of the Laydown engine Crapshooter with the cowl off ?

Would really like to see that.

Andy

Andy
I don't have any. I built a 60 boat and several 20 laydown boats. They were really cool and ran well. The 67 was one of the best looking boats I ever built. I think that there was a photo of that one in Jack Lawbaugh's photos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy
I don't have any. I built a 60 boat and several 20 laydown boats. They were really cool and ran well. The 67 was one of the best looking boats I ever built. I think that there was a photo of that one in Jack Lawbaugh's photos.
I saw that, thats why I asked.
wink.gif

Andy

If you look closely at Jacks photo's, most of the old school hydros had the radio box lids bolted down. A few, like Marty, Ackerman and a couple of others, had lids that were taped on. No suprise there with those guys. No quick fixes with the bolt down lids either. I got one of those old school hydros about 15 years ago with the bolt down lids and what a pain it was. I did not keep it but for a few months. How things have changed in the 21 years I have been running these boats.

If you look closely at Jacks photo's, most of the old school hydros had the radio box lids bolted down. A few, like Marty, Ackerman and a couple of others, had lids that were taped on. No suprise there with those guys. No quick fixes with the bolt down lids either. I got one of those old school hydros about 15 years ago with the bolt down lids and what a pain it was. I did not keep it but for a few months. How things have changed in the 21 years I have been running these boats.
Yep! It was the INDY crew that introduced us to tape down lids...via Fred McBroom (McBroom Electric)and 3M electric tape.

Andy
I remember a family from the Jacksonville area, The Rice family. There son ran a "lay down" rigger.

It was a completely flush top, the exhaust ran out the bottom of the tub,,,, was very cool stuff.

A good friend of mine had the 80 Crapshooter with the screw down lid , solid shaft and solid mount , I use to hate throwing it in the water it vibrated so badly :lol: .

Tim K

Here is a pic of one of the Crapshooter laydown 20's as it sits today...have had it on the shelf for quite a number of years now. Anyone out there know any of the history on it?

Thanks,

Chris

Yep! It was the INDY crew that introduced us to tape down lids...via Fred McBroom (McBroom Electric)and 3M electric tape.
Andy:

Actually we pick up on things queickly. It was Wray Freitas and a guy named Beauregard (Canard) that showed us the tape on lid. People from California.

Here is a pic of one of the Crapshooter laydown 20's as it sits today...have had it on the shelf for quite a number of years now. Anyone out there know any of the history on it?

Thanks,

Chris
Chris:

It looks like a boat that Don Bilsky built. We had several that we ran and they were really cool.

Thanks,

Chris
Can we see some pics with cowl off Chris ?

Andy

Latest posts

Back