!! A PIECE OF NITRO RIGGER HISTORY!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett english

heres some pictures i found going back when i first started r/c boating over 20years ago..the people in these pics are Andy Brown with his first concept eagle, Tom pretzfield, Bobby caudill the

original owner of roadrunner, Ralph almirola the current owner of roadrunner and me and my first twin mongoose with picco power...these were the good old days..lets bring these days back!!

sorry about the quality but they are pictures of pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
heres some pictures i found going back when i first started r/c boating over 20year ago..the people in these pics are Andy Brown with his first concept eagle, Tom pretzfield, Bobby caudill the

original owner of roadrunner, Ralph almirola the current owner of roadrunner and me and my first twin mongoose with picco power...these were the good old days..lets bring these day back!!

sorry about the quality but they are pictures of pictures

Thanks Brett, brings back fond memories from back in the day! Miss both Bobby and Tom for sure, good to see Andy coming to the WNats getting back after it!

Very cool pics .

I had the 40 Eagle the same as Andys twin ,still to this day one of the fastest boats I have owned.

Actually I have owned all the boats in the pics at some point LOL

Tim k

Grannis, McBroom, Taylor, Pretzfeld, McMeans, Irwin and many more that I miss having around the pond! Lots of good memories for sure!

Last edited:
This is some pretty cool stuff. Brett what year where these pictures taken.was this before rcboatmodler

Bobby Caudell calls me once in a while. He was a very good competitor and a good boat builder. Don't ask Pinkert about that :)

I miss my Best Friend, Tom Grannis a ton.....

The "Good Old Days" are always fun to re-visit. Amazing how much model boating has advanced over the years. Wish that Nitro was still having the huge entries as a long time ago. Maybe we need a special race to get it back going again.

man i remember some of that stuff.

i had one of the 67 eagles like that shown in the pic with andy. dad made the wing and brackets out of alum. everytime the boat blew off the wing ripped out lol

back when things were much more fun that it is now for sure

chris

Bobby Caudell calls me once in a while. He was a very good competitor and a good boat builder. Don't ask Pinkert about that :)

The "Good Old Days" are always fun to re-visit. Amazing how much model boating has advanced over the years. Wish that Nitro was still having the huge entries as a long time ago. Maybe we need a special race to get it back going again.
Marty i feel we can bring these days back..theres no reason why we cant, all these new motors that are out are awesome, the price of nitro is down, the boat builders are all busy with orders..your right we need a special

race to promote that nitro is back!! maybe make some flyers and post them at the local hobby shops and let them know about this web site..i hear your race site in tampa is awesome, maybe you guys can host a special

race

Marty i feel we can bring these days back..theres no reason why we cant, all these new motors that are out are awesome, the price of nitro is down, the boat builders are all busy with orders..your right we need a special

race to promote that nitro is back!! maybe make some flyers and post them at the local hobby shops and let them know about this web site..i hear your race site in tampa is awesome, maybe you guys can host a special

race
Our new site is Internats Worthy. It has everything for SAW and unlimited space for racing. Tent space will be at the waters edge and there is ample room for parking. Totally protected from wind. Should be one of the best race sites in the Country.

Sure has taken a long time to get everything set with the City. We are close now.

We are all anxious to get started setting the site up and making it awesome.

Look for a special race THIS YEAR......

I have two of those boats that Andy is holding. And they still win races.

Twins rock

Be Cool

Go Steelers :D Heats in the defeat B)

Hey Marty,

Keep us posted on your race. Seeing that shirt that Andy had on brought back some good memories of that race. The past two years at Hobart has been the closest thing to racing in the old days. I think we will start seeing several races around the country draw more nitro. With the production of boats that I am doing and also, Ralph, Bob F. and The JAE's, there are a bunch of new boats out there. Now, just bring them to the races!

Hey Marty,

Keep us posted on your race. Seeing that shirt that Andy had on brought back some good memories of that race. The past two years at Hobart has been the closest thing to racing in the old days. I think we will start seeing several races around the country draw more nitro. With the production of boats that I am doing and also, Ralph, Bob F. and The JAE's, there are a bunch of new boats out there. Now, just bring them to the races!
I agree. With the good engines that are available and the High Volume JAE, that is REALLY helping Nitro Classes. Rod Geraghty has no idea how much he helped our favorite sport. :)

I am SURE that you will like the race format ideas we have talked about, for a big race here.

Might have to get the "T Shirt Printer Out". :rolleyes:

Hey Brett, Thanks for sharing those with all of us, sure does bring back good memories., and I'm looking forward to some good times coming!! :) B) :p :D

Your Friend,

Elias.

Who had the pictures from Indy that included one picture of the sign on Greg Hughy's table that started with "No Marty is not here" "yes we K&B engines" and etc. ????

That collection of shots had some really cool boats in it too.

Hey Brett, Thanks for sharing those with all of us, sure does bring back good memories., and I'm looking forward to some good times coming!! :) B) :p :D

Your Friend,

Elias.

Yep ..the past is great ...the ability to enjoy the future is better !!! Lets do it at the Winternats ! Gonna be some great competition , the best in our district . Wish I had the resources available to get my Twin 80 back up to speed , but gonna have to run the Container Ship !!! LOL :lol: :lol:

Your Friend,

Elias.

Yep ..the past is great ...the ability to enjoy the future is better !!! Lets do it at the Winternats ! Gonna be some great competition , the best in our district . Wish I had the resources available to get my Twin 80 back up to speed , but gonna have to run the Container Ship !!! LOL :lol: :lol:
HEY! The past is why you can go fast! The past made it EASIER for you....DONT EVER FORGET IT BUB!!! :lol: :lol: love ya man! :)

Back