!! A PIECE OF NITRO RIGGER HISTORY!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a pic with the parts off the top. The engine mount is one of the neatest things about the boat. It ran the old style K&B engine so the venturi was at the top of the hull. The glow igniter was attached thru a hole in the side of the hull.

Chris

Here is a pic with the parts off the top. The engine mount is one of the neatest things about the boat. It ran the old style K&B engine so the venturi was at the top of the hull. The glow igniter was attached thru a hole in the side of the hull.

Chris
Thanks for sharing that Chris.

Anyone have any pics of a lay down engine with a bottom of the hull exhaust exit ????

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a couple pics from the 1996 Orlando Winternats , not as old as some of the others but it does show the progresion of outriggers .

First one is Frank Orlic with one of his earliest carbon 90 riggers , not to many people know that Frank learned his skill for laying cloth making Windsurfing boards.

Next pic is one of my all time favourite , Bill Crawford myself and Frank doing a little testing in Florida before the big race.

Bill is an amazing guy that helped Frank and I out more than we will ever know , one of the best people I have ever known.

med_gallery_825_1063_7553.jpg

Tim K

med_gallery_825_1063_43567.jpg

Tim K

I don't know if it is of any interest, but here is a link to picture and history behind RC boats in Norway. Some of the pic. are near 35 years old.

You can use goggle translator to translate the text from Norwegian to English.

My link

I have been reminded about my lay down 21 boat. I got this message from Jack O'Donnell. I had forgotten about this..... Makes me SMILE !! B)

Hi Marty; A little backgrown on your 20 laydown boat. 1982 internats. You could not make that race, so you sent your 20 laydown boat with Gregg Huey for Steve O'Donnell to run. Steve ended up with the US-1 in 20 hydro with your boat. Now i would say you built a pretty good boat !! J.ODonnell

Latest posts

Back