A good friend needs to heal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dick I'm sure you'll be back on your feet soon but we want to know that the Kiekhaefer outboard made it out of the water too. :p

It is better to be @ the shoreline looking @ them go!!!! then having your A## in them :p Hope you have Speedy recovery! Dick.

Nick

Hello all, I am back home from the hospital. I am still plenty sore and beat up, but i am alive and still like boat racing! Doctors fused two vertabre in my lower neck with a metal plate and screws. I still can't move my right arm, but i can move my wrist, hand and fingers. they tingle, also a good sign. We will make appointments next week for getting treatment for finding out about the nerve damage in the arm and start on that. i have a neck brace that i will wear for a long time, and my arm is in a sling. LOOKS LIKE I WONT 'T BE MAKING ANY TURN FINS FOR A WHILE. Sorry about that. it wasn't anything that i did wrong to upset the boat. we made the turn fin 1/2" deeper to get it to bite more in the turns. that meant it was that much deeper on the straightaway. this particular boat doesn't like the fin skipping in the water in the straightaway. it caught a bigger wake than it should have, hooked BIG TIME to the right and barrel rolled and out i went. i didn't have time to say' oh sh*t. i think my head hit the deck on the way out, my face shield was torn off of the helmet, and i ended up on my back in the water. after checking movement in toes, feet and legs, i tried to raise my arms and only the left one came up. i waved slowly and the rescue boats were there in about 10-15 seconds. on shore i got up and walked to the ambulance. i guess i wanted people to think i wasn't hurt that bad so they would finish racing that day...........they did. i took off all of my protective gear so that the EMT's wouldn't cut it off, but they cut off my last good virginia craftsman t-shirt that i had at the hospital............what a bummer!

I want to thank everyone who has sent their best wishes to me . it means a lot to have good friends and people who care about you. the big boat racers are great people, too. they flushed out my motor, ran it, fogged it, and packed my trailer and drove it home while i was in the hospital. ALL of you are the greatest and are special to me..........I'LL BE BACK!

Dick Tyndall

Thanks, Terry. Pris will get yor stuff sent out next week. Sorry for the delay. Guess i had a good excuse this time for not getting it out.............

Percocet helps with the pain, buy things are still very uncomfortable.

Dick

Thanks, Terry. Pris will get yor stuff sent out next week. Sorry for the delay. Guess i had a good excuse this time for not getting it out.............Percocet helps with the pain, buy things are still very uncomfortable.

Dick
No worries, take care of yourself now, that's what's important! ;)

Dick

So sorry to hear that you had such a nasty accident. It was really good to see your post and know that you are out of hospital. Hope it's not too long a recovery road and that we'll see you at a 'toy boat' race soon.

Olly

Glad to hear your out of the hospital, hope your recovery goes really fast.

Get Well Soon,

Paul

Glad to hear you are at the house. That's the first step. I have a good friend at work who had a ski accident and they said he would not walk again. That was 7 years ago. This fall he is moving to New england so he can be closer to his favorite ski resort. He could out run both of us. I'm sure you will be back in the swing of things before you know it. Will it and it will happen! Your one tough guy.

Get well soon,

John

Dick,sounds like you were trying to turn the launching of Don Ferrette's rigger at Atlanta into a reality show.

Get well soon.Turn fins can wait,but I hope not too long!

Harvey Liberman

Knoxville,Tn.

Welcome Home Dickie! I know it helps to be in your own surroundings and out of that Hospital. Keep up that "Go Get Em!" Attitude!!

You Are The Man!

Scott

Dick,sounds like you were trying to turn the launching of Don Ferrette's rigger at Atlanta into a reality show.
LMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Dick, Does it only hurt when you laugh. Good :lol: :lol: :lol: Ray
Hey, it hurts when i laugh and cough. My arm has been hurting big time today. I got some movement from it yesterday that i couldn't do before..........a good sign i think. I heard about what Sutton did with Ferrette's F boat at the MARYLAND RACE..............welcome to the club, Steve! Pris has been on the phone today trying to set up appointments for some rehab stuff. I sure have the right person for that job, huh?

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

Dick

I only know you thru your turn fins of which I have several, none better! All the best and back to work in your own good time..............Get well soon Dick!

mike sr

Latest posts

Back