Perry Walter accidental fall

• Thread starter RaceCraftBearings
  • Start date
Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RaceCraftBearings

I am sad to report that Perry has had an accidental fall off of a ladder landing on the concrete driveway on his back and then hitting his head. He was knocked out and gurgeling. When he came too had apparently lost some of what sounds like and we hope to be short term memory, later he seemed to be gaining some memory back. He at present is at the hospital in the ICU but not in a room yet so there is no info to post for a phone number yet. As soon as I know more I will try and post the info. I want to wait until his head is clear and he feels better before posting a way to call him and or send a get well card!

God Speed my friend!

Ron Byrd

Get well Perry.

Any time that there is trauma, especially to the head, there will be some temporary memory loss. It may take him a few days to get things together.

We're thinking about you Mr. Perry. You gotta get well soon, it's boat racing season ;) . Byrd keep us up to date.

~The Atwells

Ok Guys the scare seems to be over! I just talked with Perry and he is doing well, brusied ribs, a bit of whiplash and sore but other than that he is fine. He will be going home tomarrow.

I let him know of the concern from fellow racers and he is very appreciative and says "dont worry I will be in the first turn in Atlanta so dont get in my way!"

Thanks!

Ron

Last edited:
Thanks fellas for your concern and best wishes. He has been in some serious accidents over the years racing 5 and 7 litre hydroplanes. Many of his closest friends have died in the sport and I have to thank god that he is still alive to be my father,and best friend. This one had me particularly worried because of his age! He is doing O.K. but is in pain which is to be expected. I know he will appreciate your best wishes and Don, I know if he is remotely up to it, you will see him in ATL. Speedy and myself will also be there to mix it up in turn 1. MARK WALTER

We are glad to hear that Perry is doing O.K. Mark. Give him our best.

We hope to see you both in Atlanta.

Andy and the Crew from CMDi

Perry is one of the Class Acts in District 3 and I am glad to hear he is doing well. You won't find a racer with a better attitude, always with a smile and an encouraging word. Heal quickly Perry!

Don Riek

Glad to here you are doing better Perry. Hope to see you in Evansville at the Nats this year. There should be alot of scale boats there.

Hey Perry , glad to hear you are better :) Just stay off the ladders Captain, stay on the boat, at least if you fall off the boat you just get wet :lol:

Back