Hospitalized! Bob "Jaguar" Ferguson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to Fergie yesterday for a while, he sounds much better but says he's still feeling tired which for what he just went through is quite understandable. His blood sugar is still elevated at close to 300 but it's coming down slowly and far better than when it landed him in the ER. Bob knows what he needs to do and that he has no choice but he's good with it as he also knows he'll feel like a new person in the near future. :)

Well how has your recovery been?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob I am sorry to hear about you diabetes.I am a diabetic my self have been for 49 years. Be careful what you eat

Sorry to hear about your health issue-

My daughter has had diabetese for 35 years-

Not ease to live with- best to be aware of what's going in you & take care of it-

Listen to your Doc & the health professionals that care about & for you.

No BS flowing here from anyone on this -

Bob I hope you get to feeling better. Diabetes seems to be making its rounds with a lot of you boaters. Deryl was diagnosed a year ago with a high of 588...I made him go to the Dr when he said he didn't want to run boats anymore. He is now on meds and doing great. Being a nurse a lesson here is to always let someone know you are a diabetic when traveling. I know a few and I always keep glucogon in my stuff when we travel. You are more likely to die with a too low sugar than a too high one. (High blood sugar comes on slow and you can feel that something is just not right..low comes on fast and you will pass out)....so tell a friend to watch your back when you are racing or on trips. just my 2 cents of advise to all my friends. jj

Last edited by a moderator:
Well how has your recovery been?
I talked to Bob a few days ago and he is doing a lot better. His doctor is pleased as he has halved the numbers again and he's down to around 150. The doc says he wants to see it in the 120's and told him he should be able to accomplish that goal. Bob says he's already starting to feel different and his energy levels are definitely on the upswing. And BTW- in case you all are wondering why I'm giving "status updates" instead of Bob, he still needs a new computer as his took a dump. :)

Latest posts

Back