A good friend needs to heal

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ya Dick, trying to be a youngster again I see, kneel downs are a lot of fun but when you get to be an "OLD FART" like me & you "Lady Luck" can turn her back on ya in a hurry. Get well soon, my prayers are with ya on a speedy recovery and listen to the rehab people, they know what's best............ :p

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, LA

Hi Ya Dick, trying to be a youngster again I see, kneel downs are a lot of fun but when you get to be an "OLD FART" like me & you "Lady Luck" can turn her back on ya in a hurry. Get well soon, my prayers are with ya on a speedy recovery and listen to the rehab people, they know what's best............ :p
Bill Diedrich

Ventress, LA

You know Bill, Dick and I had that very same discussion last summer. Just seems like age has caught up to us and the healing process is ever slower. Dick noted it will be a rare time he will get into the cockpit again so I guess a couple of weeks ago was such a time. The "Old Farts" best keep our feet dry and leave the driving to the young bucks. Glad to see Dick is OK albeit with a long recovery time.

And I was going to order a couple of turn fins from him!!! Not for a while anyway.

Hey Dick......missed you at Curwensville this weekend. Best of luck and

best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Ron Saxvik (the good Sax)

hey dick you know when my boat wrecks i dont get hurt :p ... me john & don are here to help you launch your RC boats at the va. race.

hang in there

steve

hey dick you know when my boat wrecks i dont get hurt :p ... me john & don are here to help you launch your RC boats at the va. race.
hang in there

steve
Hey, I know all three of you guys will be there when it's time to go out and play and have some fun. I'VE HAD SOME OF MY BEST RACES WITH YOU GUYS! Steve, remember 1993 Jordon Lake, Petersburg, Va. last lap in F Mono? You still won, but it wasn't because i didn't try. Those races stick with you....race with the best, learn from the best.

When i can get some use from my right arm i'll start working on the Sport 40 and the 40 Road Runner i have here. I have a couple of guys close by that know a few things about hydros that can steer me in the right direction.

The Invitational in Chesapeake in August might be pushing it, but sounds like a good place to start a goal to me!

I really appreciate all of the concern and well wishes from everyone. It keeps the motovation level WAY up there!

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Dick

PS. Typing with one hand/one finger really SUCKS!

Hey, I know all three of you guys will be there when it's time to go out and play and have some fun. I'VE HAD SOME OF MY BEST RACES WITH YOU GUYS! Steve, remember 1993 Jordon Lake, Petersburg, Va. last lap in F Mono? You still won, but it wasn't because i didn't try. Those races stick with you....race with the best, learn from the best.When i can get some use from my right arm i'll start working on the Sport 40 and the 40 Road Runner i have here. I have a couple of guys close by that know a few things about hydros that can steer me in the right direction.

The Invitational in Chesapeake in August might be pushing it, but sounds like a good place to start a goal to me!

I really appreciate all of the concern and well wishes from everyone. It keeps the motovation level WAY up there!

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Dick

Yeah and I bet it took ya 20 minutes to type your last post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though it was good to see you today but that **** neck brace they got you in looks like something out of a torture chamber. :ph34r:

I know you'll mend soon & we'll get those hydros rockin' quick so you can play with somethin' a little safer. :p

hang in there

steve
Hey, I know all three of you guys will be there when it's time to go out and play and have some fun. I'VE HAD SOME OF MY BEST RACES WITH YOU GUYS! Steve, remember 1993 Jordon Lake, Petersburg, Va. last lap in F Mono? You still won, but it wasn't because i didn't try. Those races stick with you....race with the best, learn from the best.

When i can get some use from my right arm i'll start working on the Sport 40 and the 40 Road Runner i have here. I have a couple of guys close by that know a few things about hydros that can steer me in the right direction.

THANKS!!!!!!!!

Dick

Hey,

I type with one finger all the time. If I use two hands they start fighting for the keys. If you need anything just holler. My brother in law, Jim, is into the boats now. He grew up with the Family that owns that lake in Petersburg. Mr. Ragsdale and his wife were killed in a car accident so I assume the family has the property now. Jim grew up with one of the girls. I told him to stop by and see them some day. It would be nice to have a local pond again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I am able to post on here. Anyways the times I have been with Dick at the real boat races I have enjoyed his company. Dick I hope you get better and hope to see you soon. For those of you who do not know what Dick was racing there was a picture taken before his crash. He was was going fast it seems like.

High_Point_DSC_0286R1.JPG

Hello again,

Just wanted to update some of you that things are progressing, slowly, but I am staying positive about things.

I would, however, like to ask everyone a favor and pass the word around that it will be a LONG TIME before I will be able to make my favorite spagetti much less any turn fins for a while. I have heard everything from 6 months to a year and even never again. Well, forget about the last comment, because I have.

If you want to check out a picture of the boat I was running, check out the post just before this one. Craig Furnal and his Dad Leigh have built some of the best stock outboard and tunnel boats ever to see water.

I'll be doing the rehab stuff for a long time, and right now I am still getting emails and phone calls about turn fins. Please pass the word that I will be out of commision for a while.............it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick Tyndall

It's great to hear that you are getting better, don't worry about the turn fins just keep getting better.

Latest posts

Back