A different Receiver antenna question.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Cooper

So I had ordered some 400mm antennas on the internet and they finally arrived today. The question I have is, the antenna cables come with ferrit beads (assuming) near the end that goes in the antenna tube. Ya that's not going to work is it ok to carefully cut the sleeving and move the beads down the cables farther. I'm assuming the beads are for noise suppression.

Attachments

• 20201221_190714.jpg
    20201221_190714.jpg
    776.2 KB · Views: 48
I have a Flysky Noble NB4 with FGr4 waterproof receivers. Yes I do . On the FGr4 receivers the antennas only about 5 in. long. I got a couple mounted in a couple of Cats I have and had to velcro the receivers to the underside of the deck to get the antenna out side the boat. I'd like to get the end of the antenna higher in the air to make sure I have good reception and distance. If I were to guess only about 2 to 2.5 inches is outside of the boats.

Last edited:
No the decks on all 3 that I'm using the FGr4 on are Fiberglass. The Hydro has some areas that are Carbon re-enforced but not where the antenna will be. At least I don't have to worry about that.

So I had ordered some 400mm antennas on the internet and they finally arrived today. The question I have is, the antenna cables come with ferrit beads (assuming) near the end that goes in the antenna tube. Ya that's not going to work is it ok to carefully cut the sleeving and move the beads down the cables farther. I'm assuming the beads are for noise suppression.
Can I get info on where u picked up this antenna I have the same radio and having range issues thanks a bunch

Back