A/A 21 Super Long Stroke Tests

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran the A/A last weekend in Needles CA for the first time in a 10 years old A Hydro I had sitting around with an OPS in it. Bolted in the A/A a went to the untested. I ran a couple a tanks of fuel threw it and got the needle close. On sunday it was cold and rainy But we raced any way , the A/A ran great right out of the box with the head clearance at .006 with the A/A pipe at the stock setting . Won the first heat but the weather got worse so packed it in . The A/A ran better than i thought it would in the old boat ,made it look like i needed a bigger boat ,So been busy in the shop making sawdust. Hope to have a new boat in a week or so, will let you no how it goes. Thanks Al for promoting the Hobby like you do ,you will alwasy have our support here in Scottsdale.

Justin Hill and the rest of the Hill family.
SUCK UP!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Robert Holland
Not sucking up, just stating the facts. Maybee you should try it some time!! Hows the snow up in Colorado? It nice to see your keyboard still works.

Justin

I ran the A/A last weekend in Needles CA for the first time in a 10 years old A Hydro I had sitting around with an OPS in it. Bolted in the A/A a went to the untested. I ran a couple a tanks of fuel threw it and got the needle close. On sunday it was cold and rainy But we raced any way , the A/A ran great right out of the box with the head clearance at .006 with the A/A pipe at the stock setting . Won the first heat but the weather got worse so packed it in . The A/A ran better than i thought it would in the old boat ,made it look like i needed a bigger boat ,So been busy in the shop making sawdust. Hope to have a new boat in a week or so, will let you no how it goes. Thanks Al for promoting the Hobby like you do ,you will alwasy have our support here in Scottsdale.

Robert Holland
Not sucking up, just stating the facts. Maybee you should try it some time!! Hows the snow up in Colorado? It nice to see your keyboard still works.

Justin
Snow is great!!!! You and Stick should come up and Ski with us. I would try the AA .21 but our water just started to liquify.

Hey if we come down to Tucson what Nitro boats make a class right now?

Robert

Robert Holland

Justin
Snow is great!!!! You and Stick should come up and Ski with us. I would try the AA .21 but our water just started to liquify.

Hey if we come down to Tucson what Nitro boats make a class right now?

Robert
It would be nice to see you guys in tucson, B mono ,Xmono A hydro ,B hydro and Sport 40 2 maid it in needles at the last race but who no about tucson. Let me no what your thimking of running and can try to help make the classes, All the gas classes make it at all the races since nitro and gas are combined there should be plenty for you guys to race in if you come.

Justin

The front exhaust, rear exhaust whatever you prefer to call the MAC 21 is one of the engines that will be available.

I had hoped to have it going in March, but the number of people asking about 45 and 80 size engines changed my schedule. Of course, once the 84 is completed, it will be more simple to bring out the 67.

The current 21 is running so well, that It looks like I should offer the other sizes before coming out with the next 21.

Sorry if that makes anything difficult for you, but I will get there eventually.

The front exhaust, rear exhaust whatever you prefer to call the MAC 21 is one of the engines that will be available.

I had hoped to have it going in March, but the number of people asking about 45 and 80 size engines changed my schedule. Of course, once the 84 is completed, it will be more simple to bring out the 67.

The current 21 is running so well, that It looks like I should offer the other sizes before coming out with the next 21.

Sorry if that makes anything difficult for you, but I will get there eventually.
No problem, Al. I have 5-6 MAC 21 to get me by along with several P/L. I can wait a year or two.

i tried calling and email never got a response i hope i did not offend you Inboards is what i need i have 12 Outboards at the present time lol.

i tried calling and email never got a response i hope i did not offend you Inboards is what i need i have 12 Outboards at the present time lol.
No offense taken. Just thought that you got busy with heading out overseas. It's still yours if you want it.

JOn
You guys should think about hi-jacking a different thread......
tongue.gif
...maybe pm each other...
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry DUCK 899 wont happe again!!! But Al i did get the AA21 SLS engine ,header,pipe and colletlooks great putting it in my speedmaster mono 4 hours from now thank you so much and thank you for the postcard my friend really nice of you.

I'm glad everything got to you so quickly. Amazing service from Montana to Iraq in 4 days! Thanks for letting me know it arrived.

I'm sure you will like it.

Al

here is it installed just need a pipe holder that i dont have and put the servos and thats it.

k bean i have to get one of those carbs that has the mixture valve on it and then rearrange the servo mounts and its ready to roll. i have to get materials here to finish it but little by little.Too bad i cant run it here this would be the only boat stateside that has ran in Baghdad, Iraq lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys

I have had one of these Engines for the past few months with mixed days when i have ran it.

The biggest problem i had in the early days was getting enough load on this engine.

I am running it in a SD3 33 inch Seaducer i have had a Mac 21 with good results then i purchased a Novarossi 35 Plus 21.

I can honestly say that i beleive that AA21 is a better and mor reliable engine to run than the others i have run.

I ran this engine on 60% nitro and straight 20% Klotz with 8 thou head clearance with a K&B HP plug with the Exhaust pipe the motor comes with.

It was turning mor RPM than the Novarossi with a Modded 1614/3 Chopper prop ialso had to lower the strut by 5mm to load the engine up compared to previous engine i have had in the same boat/prop combo.

So Al Hobbs we are on a winner with this Engine can not wait until i get my shipment of the AA45.

Al sorry it has taken so long to post about the engine but i wanted to be truthful about how good an engine it is.

Thanks

Steve

Latest posts

Back