Exhaust revisited

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny King

Decided to revisit a trend from years past.
Put a off road buggy header and pipe on the 21 boat. Love how quiet it is. With the way boats have become more efficient I figured it was worth a try and will be trying some buggy engines as well.
This pipe and header is just under $70 delivered.
First few laps it ran around 70. By the end of the first launch it ran 72 mph. And that was the best it ran every run. Video is of the second run. It’s short because it fell off the truck so I edited it. It ran 72 in this video. When I am starting the boat it is in the back of a van and still not loud at all.
It is not as fast as the other pipe set up but plenty fast enough to win.
Worth trying if you have em.
I do believe It can go faster with a shorter header. But this what I have.
Trying to find a less expensive alternative to the 21 program.

Attachments

• 3DA2FC64-6847-486A-A21F-4D7334356F09.jpeg
    3DA2FC64-6847-486A-A21F-4D7334356F09.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DC709017-D631-4EC6-879E-73E1CB95215F.jpeg
    DC709017-D631-4EC6-879E-73E1CB95215F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Decided to revisit a trend from years past.
Put a off road buggy header and pipe on the 21 boat. Love how quiet it is. With the way boats have become more efficient I figured it was worth a try and will be trying some buggy engines as well.
This pipe and header is just under $70 delivered.
First few laps it ran around 70. By the end of the first launch it ran 72 mph. And that was the best it ran every run. Video is of the second run. It’s short because it fell off the truck so I edited it. It ran 72 in this video. When I am starting the boat it is in the back of a van and still not loud at all.
It is not as fast as the other pipe set up but plenty fast enough to win.
Worth trying if you have em.
I do believe It can go faster with a shorter header. But this what I have.
Trying to find a less expensive alternative to the 21 program.
very cool, thanks for sharing, and good to know. I would imagine quite a range of .21 size car headers out there to experiment with too.

Seems like you could re-locate stinger to the aft-end of the pipe, to allow mounting in the conventional fashion? (especially since the NovaRossi .21DD has front-exhaust configuration)

That's a beautiful boat

very cool, thanks for sharing, and good to know. I would imagine quite a range of .21 size car headers out there to experiment with too.

Seems like you could re-locate stinger to the aft-end of the pipe, to allow mounting in the conventional fashion? (especially since the NovaRossi .21DD has front-exhaust configuration)

That's a beautiful boat
Yes headers do come in different lengths. I could certainly have tested and run a straight header if inhad one long enough. I don’t at the moment. I would be concerned with the outlet just cut an angle on the exit of it.
There is certainly more to try. But for most .21 riggers this pipe and header at this length would be perfectly fine.
And on a buggy engine the pipe layout would be more friendly.

Reminds me of seeing someone a good while back who took a NovaRossi .21 and instead of a wrap around header ran a normal tuned pipe out the front of the boat.

The pipe on my .21 nitro RC-10 stadium truck is awesome... first time I heard it two stage ripping up and down the street, I thought it was way too lean, but the plug didn't pull, so I left it alone... would love to see how it would work in a rigger..

Back