A $99.00 rc boat prop on ebay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstew0903

Is this a little high for a prop or is it just me. It is a pretty prop. I can read it is a prather 220 prop. Read his description for these props. He says he "has spent 2+ years and $30,000 to design and manufacture a propeller grinding machine" Is this for real you think? Thought you guys would find this interesting.

Jason

Referenced Auction

Anyone wonder why I'm in such a good mood all the time?

It's pretty well known that I'm the guy that sold him a Dremel Tool, a box of grinding wheels, a buffing wheel with and abrasive disk and some brasso for [SIZE=14pt]$30,000[/SIZE] :lol:

Cha-----[SIZE=14pt]CHING[/SIZE]!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jason,

A packaged 220 is about 17.00. Balanced, polished and sharpened will bring it to about 35.00. The ad is way overpriced. Mark Sholund can give you what you need for the right price. He is a member of this board.

John

Fellas,

It looks nice, and I'm sure his machine is that expensive,but for $102.85

I would want to see the drive dog slot cleaned up a little bit more and

at least straightened out so it matches the drive dog. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet he doesn't have a 6 to 8 week waiting list. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish him the best of luck on his endeavor. I sure wish I had a 30K machine

in my shop. One last thought, if he would charge $50.00 each he would only

have to do 600 propellers to pay for his machine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Holidays To All,

Mark Sholund

It's pretty well known that I'm the guy that sold him a Dremel Tool, a box of grinding wheels, a buffing wheel with and abrasive disk and some brasso for $30,000 
Cha-----CHING!

darn shame I had to go and Blow it all on these darn Toy Boats & Motors!

Now what are the odds that someone on this board secretly owns that [SIZE=21pt]$30,000 MACHInE?[/SIZE] :unsure:

The guy does have zero feedback....and a post was put here...and...It's possible, it's possible..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reveal thy self! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you Image lossing or dinging a $100.00 dollor prop. Hell his props make nitro fuel look like a deal.

I googled spd props and there is no web site for him. Would anyone make a machine for $30,000 and not have a website. Notice no pic of the machine at all.

Dave

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just in case anyone wanted to know my humble opinion!!!!!

Here is the response I got about a picture.

You asked:

"Is there a chance of posting a picture of your shop or some of your nice equipment. Dave"

"hi, Dave. No chance at all of the machine itself, but if you would like I will send you a picture of where I do the balancing and polishing. The machine i designed is not difficult to make, it was just next to impossible to design. any machinist could use the pictues to make a duplicate. You can send an email to me [email protected] I will send an attached picture to you. I dont believe this is what you were hoping for, but its all I can offer. Thank you to taking the time to ask your question." Steve

Dave

"... The machine i designed is not difficult to make, it was just next to impossible to design. any machinist could use the pictures to make a duplicate."

And THAT cost $30,000???? Hmmm the B.S. meter is pegged I think. <_<

It's a CNC grinder. Your not going to build a 30,000 dollar machine guest to do PROPS no way.

HI Guys!

First..... if you had this machine, wouldn't you want to use it to pump out a few dozen props and maybe offer them at a reasonable price to get started?? or send some "samples" to big name boaters to get the word out??

Then, why a p-220? is that all the guy could afford after spending $30,000 for the mystery machine......

But really, wouldn't it be less costly to develope a CNC program and have a real machine shop cut them from billet stock?

Bob the Fool :blink:

I like how he goes on about a nice sharp edge. Then you hit it with a buffing wheel and dull the crap out of it. So much for the nice sharp edge. :blink:

Mike

hi, I received an email from one of you, with a link to this board.seems my little creation is a bit of a conversation piece. I goes kinda like this.

I have over 600 hours in design and manufacturing. @$50 an hour thats 30k. simple enough huh? The process goes like this, rough grind, blend and rough polish, balance, finish polish, finish grind.verify balance.

It is sharp and looks pretty. The 1st auction that is in such hot debate was just that, the 1st auction. Im not a professional R/C boater, but I am a professional machinist. I with any luck the 2nd auction (which by the way stated at $1.00) will be won by one of you pros. My props may very well not be the greatest, but I can not fail if I dont try. so......im trying. Before you beat me down like a bad dog perhaps you might wish to have a more broad understand of what Im trying to do. Does it sound right to you? does the focus on concentricity and symmetry work? I am entering the arena to try and help, trying offer something a bit different, something precision.

Constructive criticism is helpful and appreciated, the machine is real, and my ability to create a precision prop is real.

Steve

I don't think that any one on this board ever questioned your ability the biggest question is the original price that you were trying to sell it for. As someone had mentioned you could buy an Andy Brown prop, balanced, sharpened and cupped for $30 or so. and there proven props.

There is one thing that you have to under stand about this hobby. Things are very expensive and A $100.00 dollar prop? you hit a stick or a turtle its Junk. People in this hobby make produce to sell to other boaters and there not making a killing at it there doing it for the enjoyment of the hobby and not to get rich. as someone said a $30 or $40 dollar prop. That's more like it. you wont recoup your money as fast but if there as nice as you say they are then at least you'll get something back.

Terry

Back