'85 Dominos Pizza Build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, That is too funny. The green bag is a gardening kit with a shovel, gloves, etc. The ziplock bag is the steering wheel, driver, stacks, etc. I about fell out of my chair when I read your post tho! haha

Hey Mike,

The Domino's and the Lobster hull look very nice. When do you plan on getting them into the water??

"My wife didn't find your comment as amusing as I did! HAHA"

I found this comment from you questionable. As a much older man than you Mike, I find it imperative on my part to offer some advise. Are you convinced it was the comment didn't find amusing, or the fact that you had taken over her bed as resting place for model boats. Har, Har !!! I have been in the "deep kimchi" many times over the years with model boat indiscretions. Wet sanding an orange outrigger in her bath tub, because it was too cold outside - and not cleaning up the mess completely is one. The residual globs of epoxy she found under the table cloth on glass table top of her dining room table was two. Leaving dust residue on the back of a couch (white primer dust - - often repeated and commented on for each event is three..........

I just decided that there are too many to list, but you get the point. "Boats In Middle of the Wife's Bed" would have resulted in quick but decisive action on my wife's part. None of us want to see your name in a local Obituary column Mike - - Tighten Up, Mate !!! Har, Har, Har !!!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Haha, good comment! This is the spare bedroom tho. No one really uses it and it has become more of a storage facility for Christmas decorations, and my scale boats. Believe me, when company comes, The Scales, and 3 scale frames (not shown in the picture) quickly find another hiding spot. She knows I don't want them subjected to dust and overspray in the garage (my tunnels and rigger do stay out there tho!) If she hasn't left me after 8 years of obsessive hobbies, I think I will make it out of this OK. We shall see tho. Hmm, if she left, I could then fill the house with even more boats...There is a thought! lol

Hey Mike,

Gee, you failed to let us know it was a spare BR - Har, Har !!! In the event she was gone - - you may have more room, just wouldn't have much to put the boats on. Women are like that you know - - Can't take a Joke. Nice to hear you do have some Diplomacy goin' for you - Har, Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep Doug, Not sure where your gonna sleep for the next SAW event! And no, you cannot cuddle with the Winston Eagle. Don't want you to take up that kind of smoking!

Bob, That poster is to funny!

Mike

Gee Mike, all I think of when you say she is a wonderful gal is "NO DUH?" what person wouldn't want half of your collection?

I did have a mold, but the outside edges curled as time went by and it makes removing parts about impossible at this point. You can use any 8255 cowling as they are pretty much the same. Mike

Lol, with the other scales I am working on, I might have to put a king size in there for all the kids! My wife didn't find your comment as amusing as I did! HAHA Did you finish your Oberto yet?????
:( uh...........no.

been way too busy.decks about ready to go on, cowls fitted to hull.after 10-12 hr days, i dont really feel like digging into building, rough enough just getting ready for a few races.

dan

Lol, with the other scales I am working on, I might have to put a king size in there for all the kids! My wife didn't find your comment as amusing as I did! HAHA Did you finish your Oberto yet?????
:( uh...........no.

been way too busy.decks about ready to go on, cowls fitted to hull.after 10-12 hr days, i dont really feel like digging into building, rough enough just getting ready for a few races.

i see this was posted in may, wow , time flys, i just saw it.

dan

Back