8012 Miss Budwieser

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryConrad

Has anybody built one of these from an ML Boatworks framing kit? Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated before I start gluing plywood and sticks.This will be my first venture into the world of 1/8 scale hydroplanes.

Thanks

Larry

It fits together like a jigsaw puzzle, if you have built models or riggers from kits it will be a breeze. Just remember to keep things square as you go. You should build it on a square jig and fasten the bottom down because as you start sheeting it you could warp it. Cover your jig with wax or plastic wrap so you don't glue it to the jig.( bad very, very bad ) When you sheet do the oposite one. It will be a great build and you didn't spend hours at the scroll saw!!

Brad

Last edited by a moderator:
The pics you see is how I got the boat.A buddy in Knoxville had it. Kevin Visconti,hope he pops up again some day

The pics you see is how I got the boat.A buddy in Knoxville had it. Kevin Visconti,hope he pops up again some day
Ditto to that, one of the good guys.
default_cool.png
PS I don't feel so bad, your shops a worse mess then mine.
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about you guys, but when I clean my shop, I can never find ANYTHING when I'm looking for it.

You can buy sheeting from Mike as well as Sticks.Its not a big deal to make templates out of paper or thin card board.

Back