6mm to .187 cable collet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kez

Who makes a 6mm cable connector? I am after one with no pilot/shoulder. I have checked Aeromarine and Prather and come up with nothing. I remember years ago Octura made one but I can't find a Octura dealer anymore.

thanks.

6mm? Is that threaded or smooth shaft? I know the part numbers for the 5mm threaded ones, both long and short, but they only fit .150 cables... might not be what your looking for.

I am looking for 6mm threaded shaft. If necessary, I will buy a 5mm bore and tape it myself.

David, thanks for the link. I never know they carry Octura hardware. But I only see the 6mm- .150 cable connector. I will call them to find out if they have one for .187 cable.

Mike, do you have the phone number of your local hobby shop? Please PM me if you do.

Thanks.

"I am looking for 6mm threaded shaft. If necessary, I will buy a 5mm bore and tape it myself."

Kez,

I associate the 6mm shaft with the OPS 60-67. All of the Aeromarine compression collets I have, have the pilot/index on them. Try this site: http://www.bhhanson.com/drives shows one without the pilot, but doesn't say what the shaft diameter is.They also sell 6mm stub shafts. The Zenoah 260PUM uses a 6MM stub shaft like the OPS for certain drives. Do you have facility to buy an Aeromarine collet and turn the pilot off?? CHEERS !!! Bob

Who makes a 6mm cable connector? I am after one with no pilot/shoulder. I have checked Aeromarine and Prather and come up with nothing. I remember years ago Octura made one but I can't find a Octura dealer anymore.

thanks.
Do you know the pitch of the 6mm thread? I might have a new one. Will look later today. jw

"I am looking for 6mm threaded shaft. If necessary, I will buy a 5mm bore and tape it myself."

Kez,

I associate the 6mm shaft with the OPS 60-67. All of the Aeromarine compression collets I have, have the pilot/index on them. Try this site: http://www.bhhanson.com/drives shows one without the pilot, but doesn't say what the shaft diameter is.They also sell 6mm stub shafts. The Zenoah 260PUM uses a 6MM stub shaft like the OPS for certain drives. Do you have facility to buy an Aeromarine collet and turn the pilot off?? CHEERS !!! Bob
Bob,

I visited the site but they did not mention the thread size or cable size. I would think all these gas engines run 1/4" cable? I don't have any gas boat so I can be wrong for sure.

Thanks for the info on the OPS 67 stub shaft being 6mm. I can certainly buy the Aeromarine connector and turn the pilot. Better yet, I should counterbore the flywheel to fit the pilot.

kez

Latest posts

Back